+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm relieved to read that. With 5 weeks to go I'm so excited but so very done with pg and the idea of a 4th makes me shudder. I've been wondering if this is just bc this pg has been so hard or if I'm really done emotionally.

Did you feel content and done when you were pg with her?
    Yes! From the moment I found out, I knew I was done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

delirium  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default 3rd? Is it a bad idea?

I honestly do feel stretched with three- I love them to pieces but it is quite difficult and very busy!

Mind you I'm also now single so no help (though I do get a break when they go to their dads) and financially struggling- so there's that.

However, I can't help but imagine you looking at that baby after a successful transfer pregnancy and birth- and being so grateful you made the decision.

That's just one angle though x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I could never walk away from 1 in the freezer. I can however walk away from 4 go figure. I would put it back

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never had to travel the ivf path but I am in the 'do I want a 3rd' boat. I was talking about it with a friend and something she said has stuck with me. 'You will never regret the baby you did have but you will always regret the one you didn't.' Good luck xx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (17-03-2015),KitiK  (21-02-2015),Pmakes3  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I mentioned it to DH today, he said he thinks he would like a third but is also happy with the 2 we have if I decide not to go again. We talked about the things we'd need to consider like income, housing, timing, how we'd cope etc but all,of those things are relatively minor or fairly easy to navigate. I just don't know. It might be easier to decide once I'm back at work and study, the I won't be so immersed in baby stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seeing how you went and if your happy with your decision, I'm in s similar situation, but we don't have any left so would have to do another full cycle. Having another new born doesn't scare me but possibly having left over embryos does. I have taken time to think about this but nothing changes. The thought of not ever giving birth again really makes me sad.

Thanks
    Reviews

We haven't made a decision yet, we're keeping the embryo in the freezer for now and we'll see how we feel in a few months. DS is almost 8mo now and I'll be going back to work part time in a couple of months. The thought of never having another baby does make me a little sad but I also look forward to being out of the baby stage. I really like our little family unit now too. It's a tough one so I'm going to avoid the issue for a while!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is where we are at. I'm 34 and DH 35. Eldest just turned 4 and youngest is almost 2. If its going to happen it has to be soon. EVERYONE tells me I'm mad to have 3 and I should stop. DD1's birth was looooong but fine, she was the perfect baby from birth. DD2's birth was amazing, I felt a million bucks afterwards, but she was a reflux baby and didnt sleep through until after 1. The fear of a really bad sleeper is very real. I worry about that whilst having 2 other children around.
    I was done straight after DD2, but DH has talked me around and the truth is I just dont feel done.
    But I've also had a ridiculous number of miscarriages so that is always a factor. I have two lovely kids and I'm not ready to put my kids through the messed up emotional mummy I am after a m/c.
    Decisions. Decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews

I know, it's so hard! It's funny that we feel 'old' in our mid thirties but I guess as far as having babies goes, there is a limited window.

I can understand your reluctance to go through the stress of potentially miscarrying again. It's a horrible thing to go through, I have only had one miscarriage and I think I would be a mess if it happened again. Pregnancy is so scary.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe this is the "we are experiencing toddlerhood for the third time" horriblness talking...

But 2 is a great number...

When the number of kids outweigh the number of parents; its like a game of thrones battle.

Dunno if i'll make it out alive

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (24-03-2015),bpac  (24-03-2015),Cue  (23-03-2015),Gentoo  (23-03-2015),SoThisIsLove  (13-06-2015)