3rd? Is it a bad idea? | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Cue 😀 have another. Have 3 have 3 have 3 🙈 I'm doing next round in October and can't wait.

Have 3 with meeeeeee

I couldn't imagine stopping at 2. But I have a ridiculous amount of embryos left so I am very emotional about that.

1st I can't get embryos then I have to many. I'm only doing one round though if it doesn't happen then it's not meant to be. I just can't do round after round with 2 babies.

❤️❤️❤️
    Haha imagine if we had yet another pregnancy together!! I can't believe you're already planning it though, October isn't that far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So much to think about, thanks everyone.

I am incredibly grateful for the 2 beautiful, healthy children I have. I do feel like I should just be happy with that and move on, it's just hard to let that embryo go knowing how hard it was to create that embryo in the first place and how precious it is.

But what if I have a third and the baby is sick? or has a disability? What would that mean for DD & DS?

Gah, so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep there is a small possibility something may be wrong. But what if 5 years down the track you really regret not trying for the 3rd? It cuts both ways Not trying to say you have to ttc obviously, just putting it out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cue, i was exactly the same! Our little ds is dds twin from our last cycle. I was also worried about illness/genetics etc so had the Verifi (thats how I know its a boy without any chromosonal issues) and all the ultrasounds etc. So far everything is perfeft fx! I say go for it - let fate decide! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find 3 really tough. My third was an easy baby. But I still found it very super busy. And now that they're older, I still find it tough, probably even more so. It is VERY hard to spend one on one time with them. There are times where I love the busyness of it, I feel kind of... accomplished... that I can successfully parent 3 wonderful kids. Then there's other times where I look longingly at friends' families with 2 kids, at all the extra time they have to spend on each child.

Whenever anyone asks about a third, I'm a bit scared for them LOL, and tell them so. However if I were you, with one little embryo sitting there.... eek! What a tough decision. I'd probably be inclined to do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The thought of having a third makes me shudder. Ds2 would be in the throes of toddlerhood and add a newborn to that.....last time round I found that combination difficult. I don't think I could cope logistically with 3, stress would probably go through the roof.

That's just me though. I can understand how you would feel uneasy having a single frozen embryo left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go for it Cue! Follow your intuition. X

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

bella25  (21-02-2015),KitiK  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I find 3 really tough. My third was an easy baby. But I still found it very super busy. And now that they're older, I still find it tough, probably even more so. It is VERY hard to spend one on one time with them. There are times where I love the busyness of it, I feel kind of... accomplished... that I can successfully parent 3 wonderful kids. Then there's other times where I look longingly at friends' families with 2 kids, at all the extra time they have to spend on each child.

Whenever anyone asks about a third, I'm a bit scared for them LOL, and tell them so. However if I were you, with one little embryo sitting there.... eek! What a tough decision. I'd probably be inclined to do it.
    Thanks for your honesty @CMF

My biggest worry is just coping with 3 and never feeling like I'm being the best parent to any of them due to being over stretched. I know people have loads of kids and they all feel loved and cared for. Just not sure I'm that good of a mother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I agree that if you are even contemplating another that that feeling will never go away.

I wasn't sure if I wanted a third or not, but she's 26 months now and the apple of all our eyes. And I never think about having more. When I see babies, I think they're cute but I don't get any urge. I have friends from mothers group who have 2 the same age as my older two (6 & 4) and are now wishing they had taken the plunge and had a third or seriously considering another now.

I love that my kids are close in age. They are friends. I even have people commenting how cute and lovely they are together. They play so well and miss each other when they're apart.

Sure there is more washing and cleaning and mouths to feed and less one on one time, but it's worth it.

In general though, I've had relatively easy babies. Even my most difficult baby wasn't too bad. They have all been good sleepers. If I had difficult babies then maybe I would not have considered more than two.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 18-02-2015 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I wasn't sure if I wanted a third or not, but she's 26 months now and the apple of all our eyes. And I never think about having anymore. When I see babies, I think they're cute but I don't get any urge.
    I'm relieved to read that. With 5 weeks to go I'm so excited but so very done with pg and the idea of a 4th makes me shudder. I've been wondering if this is just bc this pg has been so hard or if I'm really done emotionally.

Did you feel content and done when you were pg with her?