+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would give the embryo a go. I am glad we don't have any remaining as I wouldn't feel like we are done if there were remaining embryo's. I think you just need to be prepared for the fact that the embryo may not thaw too, you may end up with a 3rd child, you may not. Personally I didn't find having a third difficult, if anything ds3 has been the easiest. A 3 year gap between our 3 is awesome though we feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I like the 3yr gap we have between DD and DS. It's good that DD is somewhat self sufficient and she just loves her little bro. He is completely fascinated by her too!

I think we'd probably have a shorter gap if we did have another, just because of our age. I don't want to have a newborn when I'm 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I decided to go again was to think ahead to 50. If I was sitting at home having a glass of wine only ever having my DD and DS would we regret not having that third baby all those yrs ago.

Answer: Yes

Solution: Made another one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cue I had the same dilenma about a year or so ago. We went through IVF to get our dd2 (dd1 was natural) and we ended up with 1 frozen embryo. We had to think long and hard about our options (destroy, donate, science, transfer) in the end we decided that our conscience could only let us do one of those things - transfer (especialy looking at our dd2 and knowing that was what was in the freezer - possibly). With some encouragement and faith that what is meant to be will be, we just did it.

We now have a dd - nearly 7, a dd - just turned 2 and a ds on the way (31wks).

I was totally prepared for it not to work, and realistically, in a perfect world wouldn't have deliberately chosen to have 3 kids, but alas it was obviously meant to be!

Good luck with your decision. You don't regret the kids you have x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third is currently 8 months old and so far has been an extremly difficult baby (getting easier but still a long way off easy). My other 2 are nearly 6 and just turned 2 (we have a 16 month gap between ds2 & 3). Inspite of how difficult I have found it going from 2 to 3 I would absolutely do it all again. We knew after ds2 that we weren't done, I felt like someone was still missing. Now I feel done and like our family is complete. I know that in years to come I would have regretted not having had our 3rd.

That's just how I feel in our situation though.
    Even though right now life would have been 100x more simple if we didn't have ds3 I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe make him an easy baby like my first).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only 10 weeks in to having three, but it's been pretty blooming hard for the following reasons:
    - DS2 is not an easy baby, he is hard work - he cries all the time, sleeps terribly and wants to be held all day
    - DS1 (who is 2yrs2mnths old) is an absolute ball of energy and destruction. I cannot turn my back for a second without him getting into something he shouldn't or wrecking/messing up my house.
    - DD goes to kinder 3 days a week and the drop off/pick ups are just awful with the three of them
    - my house is a disgusting pigs sty that never stays clean for more than 4 hours

When you review these points you will see that they are only temporary problems. I hope if I can survive this first year that we will find life gets a little easier. It's always going to be busy but that's how we wanted it. I love how much my kids adore DS2 its so beautiful. I Know when I look back on my life in twenty years I'll be glad I had another. Many older people I speak to say they wish they had another. I will say that the two year age gap is tough- DS1 is such a handful I wish I had perhaps a three year age gap but otherwise I say go for it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @Cue I had the same dilenma about a year or so ago. We went through IVF to get our dd2 (dd1 was natural) and we ended up with 1 frozen embryo. We had to think long and hard about our options (destroy, donate, science, transfer) in the end we decided that our conscience could only let us do one of those things - transfer (especialy looking at our dd2 and knowing that was what was in the freezer - possibly). With some encouragement and faith that what is meant to be will be, we just did it.

We now have a dd - nearly 7, a dd - just turned 2 and a ds on the way (31wks).

I was totally prepared for it not to work, and realistically, in a perfect world wouldn't have deliberately chosen to have 3 kids, but alas it was obviously meant to be!

Good luck with your decision. You don't regret the kids you have x
    This is exactly how I feel about the embryo. It feels like DSs little unborn twin! We did 3 rounds of IVF and only got something for the freezer on our last attempt, so it's the same 'batch' that gave us DS. My first baby was a natural conception so very similar to you.

Congrats on your little boy, all the best for the birth!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cue 😀 have another. Have 3 have 3 have 3 🙈 I'm doing next round in October and can't wait.

Have 3 with meeeeeee

I couldn't imagine stopping at 2. But I have a ridiculous amount of embryos left so I am very emotional about that.

1st I can't get embryos then I have to many. I'm only doing one round though if it doesn't happen then it's not meant to be. I just can't do round after round with 2 babies.

❤️❤️❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't done the IVF thing but I think I would find it hard to not give that one last embryo a go. At least then you wouldn't be left with the what ifs.
    As for three, yes some days it is hard. Some days it's bloody hard but I'd never be without my three they are honestly the joys of my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I'm only 10 weeks in to having three, but it's been pretty blooming hard for the following reasons:
    - DS2 is not an easy baby, he is hard work - he cries all the time, sleeps terribly and wants to be held all day
    - DS1 (who is 2yrs2mnths old) is an absolute ball of energy and destruction. I cannot turn my back for a second without him getting into something he shouldn't or wrecking/messing up my house.
    - DD goes to kinder 3 days a week and the drop off/pick ups are just awful with the three of them
    - my house is a disgusting pigs sty that never stays clean for more than 4 hours

When you review these points you will see that they are only temporary problems. I hope if I can survive this first year that we will find life gets a little easier. It's always going to be busy but that's how we wanted it. I love how much my kids adore DS2 its so beautiful. I Know when I look back on my life in twenty years I'll be glad I had another. Many older people I speak to say they wish they had another. I will say that the two year age gap is tough- DS1 is such a handful I wish I had perhaps a three year age gap but otherwise I say go for it!!
    I can relate so much to this at the moment. Hoping it gets easier soon and it's cliche but love all 3 so much and wouldn't change them for the world.