3rd? Is it a bad idea? | Page 13 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    It was so easy deciding to have the first 2, for some reason a third seems like a massive deal!!
    I agree, having a 2nd wasn't even really a decision - it was just always going to happen!

I must say, now that I'm making a genuine commitment to not having a third I keep having more and more reasons to stick to our 2 every day.

Now to pester DH to go snippy snip snip!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having a third was a huge decision for us. I replied to this thread when I was only half way through my 3rd pregnancy, now DS2 is 9 months old and we don't regret it for a moment. He is an absolute blessing and fits into our family perfectly. Life is a little harder and sleep is seriously lacking, but we are loving every minute of it. We do have an almost 5 year gap between #2 and #3, so the older 2 are very helpful. I have found it has been a great learning curve for them. They have learnt to be considerate of others (and volume control when bubba is sleeping) and being a little less selfish - as mummy just can't do everything for them anymore. But my greatest joy is seeing how they interact with their baby brother and making him laugh - it absolutely melts my heart. 100% worth it!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-08-2016),giveitago  (30-07-2016),witherwings  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best, best, best decision we ever made. Our DS2 is 13 months and DD and DS1 are 4.5 and it's seriously fantastic! I often am solo parenting because DH works rediculously long hrs but I'm insanely organised and make it work.

When DH and I first looked at #3 we both said.... He's the missing piece of our puzzle and the best decision, he's DD's doll and DS1's best mate.

Half considering a 4th (noooooooo ������)
    Last edited by tw1nmummy; 31-07-2016 at 16:56.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tw1nmummy For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am fairly certain I'd like a third child but I worry about finances so much and juggling 3 kids and work. Is anyone a working mum with 3?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I am fairly certain I'd like a third child but I worry about finances so much and juggling 3 kids and work. Is anyone a working mum with 3?
    My brother and SIL have 3 and both work full time. Life is busy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah the work thing worries me too. We could afford for me to have a year off but I would need to go back at some point. I don't think I could go back to the same type of work, I'd need to find something that's close to home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be back part time (3 days a week, and some time working from home) 7 months after Bub #3 is born and full time a year after that.

Did it with DS1 and DS2 and it wasn't too difficult. It really depends on the job though, how flexible it is and what kind of support you have in terms of child care, child minding etc.

DH is a SAHD, but he's going to start working for himself again this month so he'll be busy too. Not full time but busy enough..

The way I see it, I'm not going to get any less busy with my career so I kind of have to "complete" my family now. But I'm very career oriented.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for answering my question ladies. I am lucky to have a very flexible government job and work 30 minutes from home, plus both mil and mum both live within 25 minutes from me.