Wow I can really commiserate with you because DS1 is doing the exact same things. Just to mention a few off the top if my head that he has done this week alone:
- Find my hairspray and spray it all over the walls until the can was almost empty
- Grab a chair and unlock the food cupboard and empty all my stock cubes onto the floor as well as a loaf of bread
- take the liquid soap from the loo and pump it onto the floor
- Steal the baby moisturiser out of the bathroom cupboard and pump it on the carpet and wipe it into the carpet
- Unravel an entire roll of loo paper
- Almost every drink I give him he takes 3 sips of then squirrels it away into the play room to tip into his toy box or onto the carpet
- Draw black pen onto the kitchen counter
- Found a wrapped birthday present for DDs friend and ripped it open
And there's heaps more but they are the first few things that come to mind! Lol it's completely soul destroying and exhausting so I know how you feel. My house is a tip
Big hugs to you both! Hope you managed to retrieve the magnets?
I agree soul destroying and exhausting. But feel for the little ones also especially if they don't realize they are doing so much wrong. My DS has been a little rat bag but not half as bad as some of those things. Just hugs.
It does get better so much better-
My eldest was also a little sticky fingers getintoeverything adventurer, he's now 8yo.
Not only does he not do any of this stuff anymore for many years, he's now a HUGE help! He helps me in so many ways- does dishes, cleans messes, watches DS3 while I pee, pushes pram in shopping mall if DS2 freaks out and needs to be held, gets littler ones glasses of water/milk if I'm in the middle of something, let's me know if DS3 is getting into mischief, he even helps me toilet train DS3 ( encourages/praises him with me)
He's an absolute pleasure and makes life so much easier! Something to look forward to anyway
I am trying to remember it gets better. With DS1 it was easier to imagine. He was not really destructive. I find it hard to imagine DS2 being helpful in anyway. lol As bad as that sounds.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!