+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What time does your 6 yo wake in the morning?

Its driving me crazy.
    DD is waking up at 530am some mornings...usually 6am. She more often than not waked the rest of the household up too.

She wakes up tired, is shattered by 4pm. Doesnt listen, throws tantrums.

Its starting to effect her schooling. The teacher is asking if shes sleeping well at night.

Shes in bed at 7pm. Ive tried keeping her awake but she is just shattered by this time.

HELP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe tell her she is to stay in bed (does she have a clock?) until the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 7? Make it clear no getting up and playing/disturbing anybody. My did had started this at 5.30 and i yelled at her to get back into bed right now. She didn't like it of course and cried but fell back asleep.
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 17-02-2015 at 09:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe try one of those Gro clocks and explain that she isn't to leave her room until the moon changes over to the sun. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second the gro clock. At 6 years she should pick up the idea quickly. Maybe set a rewards system for when she stays in bed till the sun comes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter turned 6 two weeks ago. She never sleeps past 5.30 is up anywhere from 4.30-5.30 but it's generally at 5. She goes to bed at 7 as well. She's used to it now she's been waking that early for at least 2 years now. Sometimes she wakes in the middle of the night and will go out to watch tv because she can't sleep and then just falls asleep in front of the tv (we don't encourage that but generally she does it so quietly that we don't even know until we get up in the morning)

I would try with a rewards chart, I know my dd is very much into rewards. I don't know what it's like where you are but generally the sun is up around 5 here anyway so keeping her in bed until the sun comes up wouldn't work here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD is the same. 7:30 bed time then awake around 5-6am. She has always been the same! We tried a glo clock didn't work. Hell we have tried everything and nothing has worked for us. Good luck!

Also my DD wakes through the night which doesn't help!!! It's at the stage now if DH doesn't sleep with her she will be awake half the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS (6) wakes at about 7am, would sleep in more if it wasn't for his sister.... DD (4) wakes at around 5:30/6am..... Walkways has and probably always will. Both are in bed @7, 7:30pm at the latest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS goes to sleep at 8pm, and wakes about 7am. He always went to bed at 7pm but was waking too early, so we changed the time and now he wakes an hour later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS goes to bed at 7pm and I have to wake him at 7am to give him enough time to be on the bus in the morning.

ETA I second the clock idea and I also have block out blinds in the kids rooms which may help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this age they should be able to learn to play quietly until a designated time without waking other family members up. Either using a grow clock or a normal clock.

My DS wakes between 5:30 and 6 each morning, but has to play quietly in his room until 6:30. Rewards and consequences are also used occasionally to re enforce.