+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, feeling ok. Meds haven't given me any problems yet. Except one of my lucrin jabs gave me a pretty bruise...been on aspirin doesn't help...you would think after 10+IVF attempts, I'd know which part of my tummy not to stick...God knows I have a big enuf area to choose from 😂😂

Part of me is getting excited about the holiday and another part is anxious . Bloods and endo lining looking good. Booked for a massage the day before the transfer to ensure I am in blissful state of relaxation 😆.

Hubby going for a dive while we r out there...jealous!!!

Thanks for thinking of me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @MustRemainPositive. Keep us posted on how your going. Have an awesome trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw how much did you pay for your lucrin injections?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck @MustRemainPositive, it's all very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies (@Chiefsgirl and @Lastchance75)! Thanks for your well wishes. I replied on Wednesday on my way to the airport but it doesn't look like it took.

Firstly, @ Lastchange75, I believe my was ~$265/box. Make sure your pharmacist lists both boxes separately on the invoice coz if you have private insurance/extras, you'll be able to claim both boxes. Does that make sense? Most extras cover will reimburse $x per script but if the invoice itemize each one separately, they will consider it 2 scripts and then you'll get more back. My extras cover gives me $100 back/script so I got $200 back...score!

AFM....Wednesday was a complete manic day...doesn't matter how much pre-packing I did or how "organised" I thought I was...still had all those last minutes things to do. Of course it doesn't help when my dear husband says "what should I pack?" REALLY?!?!? So, we finally got on the road and made it to the airport in time...even with SYD traffic. Then Q wouldn't let me bring my husband into the lounge coz I only had 1 freebie card. Blah!

Flight was OK...had a row of 4 for the 3 of us..which was great...but that just meant my 4yo got to sleep flat whilst my husband and I were squeezed to sit on our side. LOL! I eventually got up and found an empty seat to crash on. Only got about 3 hours of sleep and the little monster got about 6 (half the usual amount)...needless to say by the end of the night, we were all feral.

Next day, got up for a 7.30 AM clinic appointment and had another round of u/s & bloods. No drama there...sitting at 10 mm ...which the doc seems happy about.

My donor was sitting at 10-12+ follies @ ~12-14 mm on Wednesday. And today she had about 18 follies @ ~20 mm so she triggered today. EPU is on Saturday and ET is on Thursday. AHHH!!!!!!
    @Lastchance75....double check the medication list they gave you against the schedule of events. Reason I say this is because on my med list, the prednisone dose list 5 mg but then the schedule of events says 10 mg daily. I just assumed I would have been prescribed the 10 mg tabs so been taking 1 tablet daily. Only discovered today that the tablets prescribed are 5 mg. DOH! So just double check everything.

That's it for now...will let you know how it all goes. Thanks for your support!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MustRemainPositive so happy to hear from you. Sounds like things are going well over there. 18 follies is amazing. Are you transferring one or two embryos?

Thanks for the tip for the lucrin scripts I'll make sure I get 2 invoices.

Oh and just checked my med list and like you I have 5mg pred but I do need to take 10mg. Thanks for the double check on that too.

So what great things have you been up to in Hawaii so far? We will have an almost 4 year old with us too.

I'm counting down the days but I'm still 6 weeks away. Sigh.

How are you going @Chiefsgirl? Would love to see a belly pic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

MustRemainPositive  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, so 41 retrieved, 23 matured and icsi'd with 19 fertilised. Crazy numbers! I don't think I got 41 with all my IVF attempts!!!!

Enjoying Hawaii and have done toooo much shopping. Picked up two pairs of dkny jeans for $20 usd each!!! Score!!! And I'm still a size 10 in USA!!! 😂Trying to get everything done before transfer on thurs.
    @Lastchance75...need to pearl harbour and that was pretty cool. But I'd advise bringing a iPad or something for your 4 yo. We didn't and I didn't get the chance to enjoy enjoy the history of the place as much as I'd like coz I kept getting...i want to go home! Can we go to the beach, etc etc. Hubby is going to take the little monster to the zoo the day or day after ET to allow me to rest.

Watch this space....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MustRemainPositive what a great result! It's amazing the numbers they get isn't it?

Glad you are having a good time. Hawaii will always be a special place for us now.

Keep us posted xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MustRemainPositive  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @MustRemainPositive that is absolutely amazing numbers!!! So excited for you.

We are def bringing an iPad but we also have some family coming for about a week of the trip so we plan to do pearl harbour in two trips so we don't have to take the kids. They'll get too bored.

Ohhhh shopping sounds good too. I so can't wait.

Did you buy your donor a little gift? Was thinking of it but not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great result @MustRemainPositive, they are fantastic numbers. Regarding a gift, we bought our donor a simple necklace from Tiffany. It was cheaper in Hawaii than in Australia. We wrote in her card about why we doing egg donation and how much she had helped us. I understand she was very moved and thankful.

AFM, I have been offline for a while but we had our beautiful twins six weeks ago! They are amazing and thriving. I however got post partum pre eclampsia and then eclampsia, and my liver started failing. All very scary and stressful. My pregnancy was complication free and I had no blood pressure issues until four days after the birth. Go figure. Only positive was I lost all my pregnancy weight of 20 kg by 10 days after the birth. But it was a hard few weeks.

Anyway back on board now and feeling better, and wanted to report our happy ending to our egg donation journey!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (19-02-2016)