+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lastchance its out near the dole plantation/coffee place (decent coffee there, espresso not percolator).

I'm going to hurstville private. I have been going there every three weeks for intralipid infusions so know the place well, I really like the staff and it's about 15/20 mins from my home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helloooo ladies...its all started...today...let me tell ya...did not miss the injections and thousands of pills AT ALL. A bit of excitement and trepidation all in one.
    @Chiefsgirl & @jackbenimble ... I hear that the advice given after ET is to stay holed up for 4 days?!?! For real? I think I'd go stir crazy...what did u guys do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75....was thinking about the $1000 ivfa overseas monitoring fee...if you only have 1 set of monitoring before leaving, see if u can just pay for the single ultrasound n bloods. It may end up cheaper than the fee. My dr asked me how many I needed and said 3 so he said the fee would be cheaper otherwise he would have just written out a referral for the bloods and ultrasound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @MustRemainPositive how exciting that you've started. I wish it was me. Still 10 weeks to go. Sigh. Oh I wonder if you do need to remain holed up for 4 days after. That seems a bit extreme. Chiefsgirl said no swimming so I was planning to just laze by the pool for the few days after and maybe a last minute shopping trip before I go home.

Hmmm interesting. Maybe I'll call IVF Australia and ask them. $1000 is a lot just for one blood test and ultrasound and a few scripts. Were you a patient of theirs already? I was with city fertility and they won't help me. Thanks for the advice tho I'll def give them a call. What date do you leave?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep they def say to lay low for 3-4 days. I went back to the apartment after transfer. (Actually i sat in the park near the hospital while dh went and got food, then we had a picnic then we went back!)

I stayed in the apartment the next day. On the second day after transfer we drove up north to look at the turtles and I waded into knee height water and splashed myself.

We went to the outlet the next day (from 10am till 7pm shopping!)

The day after that I let myself have short swims in the ocean only.

I took it easy on those outings, but didn't completely rest, that would have done my head in!

I was also on Valium and buscopan for 3 days after transfer so was pretty chilled!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the fresh transfer I had 3x bt and scans before I left. Then had a scan the day before donors egg collection.

I will def just go through my gp next time. I felt the $1k was over priced for the scans and scripts, especially since they were claiming the scans on Medicare but their cost wasn't rebatable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an IVFA patient but that shouldn't really matter. They're assessing the results or anything as you send all that info overseas anyway. Hmmmm.... Wonder if you can get the referrals via GP.

I leave Feb 10th... 2 days into Chinese New Year... Hoping it'll be bring me good luck. We have this thing where we have to do a massive clean before NY to sweep out all the bad luck from the previous year and wear new clothes on NY to signify new beginnings. We'll be the the entire time of CNY as its a 2 week celebration so hope it's auspicious for us... us Chinese like to use the word

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That def sounds like a good omen mustremainpositive. So I called ivfa and regardless of the fact I only need one blood test and ultrasound they still want to charge me $1000 which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I tried genea as I was a patient of theirs once before so will see what they say. Otherwise I'm going to try my gp next. Sigh it's all too hard.

Looking forward to hearing all your reports mustremainpositive.

Hope your travelling along ok Chiefsgirl.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

MustRemainPositive  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ladies on the sa egg do or thread get their gp's to do their scripts and referrals so I truly don't think it will be a problem. Especially if you have been seeing the dr for a while and have a relationship with them.
    @jackbenimble how are you travelling? You must have had bubba now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls so it ended up being all a bit too hard trying to get my bloods and scans done with my gp. My one and only blood test and scan is the day before good Friday so I was worried if they didn't come back same day that it was then Easter and I wouldn't get them till the Tuesday and I would already be in Hawaii by then. Wasn't worth the risk.

Anyway @MustRemainPositive it's getting close for you now. How are you feeling? How are all the meds treating you?