+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you know where I could find that medical paper?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just one more quick question does the $1000 monitoring fee include all the drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MustRemainPositive how exciting, I hope everything goes well for you xx
    @jackbenimble I was wondering how you were going, so exciting for you. Please pop back in once you have given birth to update us on their names and how it went xx

I used ivfa for the first cycle but will probably just go through my gp next time as I know what to expect now and they have all my details.

I think my dr was dr Kessler too, yep not many words but he obviously has the golden touch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75 I don't where the paper was published unfortunately. I would go with the 80% success rate as that is more reasonable. The 100% run was just for a few months and even they didn't know why it happened! It was not sustainable. No, the $1000 monitoring fee doesn't include the cost of the medications. I had to buy Lucrin which was expensive (around $600) as it wasn't PBS listed. All the other meds were PBS listed so they were reasonably priced.

Regarding the donor, I thought a lot about her in the early days after selection, but as my pregnancy progressed I thought of her less often. Mainly because it felt more and more like my pregnancy and my children. I will be interested to see what the babies look like. My bio son looks nothing like me and as DH has black hair and brown eyes and I have blonde hair and green eyes, the chances of any biological children looking like me was slim. They (donor and bio children) will always look like DH.
    @Chiefsgirl, how is your pregnancy going? You must be twenty something weeks by now. Yes I will definitely post after the twins are born. I can't wait to finally meet them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I love all the energy in this thread! With my trip being only 6 weeks away, I am starting to get nervous and all the "what if's" are starting to creep into my head and all the "am I doing everything I can do for a BFP". But it's so nice to see all the excitement and all the BFPs. I am hoping Chiefsgirl and Jackbenimble started Conceptions next 100% success run and both LastChance75 and I will be in on it!

@Lastchance75: I leave for Hawaii on Feb 10th and am there for ~14 days..I think. I hear ya re: the cost...I had the same reaction as you. And now with the AUD so crappy, it's even worse. I had to make my final payment last night and my hands were shaking to push the send button. And then when you see the difference between the USD and the AUD....argh....an extra couple thousand out the door just for that. So annoying. I hope the rate gets better for you.

I chose a local donor and my choice to go to Hawaii was purely based on donor requirement as I am Asian and wanted an Asian donor. My brother lives in Chicago and would have been nice to go there but their donor list was very limited.

Adrian has been really good so far. VERY responsive...don't think the poor lady ever takes a break. And happy to answer any questions I may have...no matter how silly. A close friend is also going to Hawaii at the same time...she has 4 frosties and haven't had the greatest of luck so she's having another go and we're going together. And of course we've compared our schedules and meds....and of course where there were any difference, I asked Adrian and Adrian entertained my questions and answered them.

I am also going with IVFA for my monitoring. Sux that we need to layout another $1000 but I get 3 sets of bloods and ultrasounds before I leave so I guess it all events out.
    @Jackbinimble: OMG OMG OMG....can't believe the time has come!!! How exciting! I am sooo excited for you and hope Thursday goes smoothly!!!! You have been a wealth of information and cannot thank you for sharing!
    @Chiefsgirl: And how are you coming along? Last trimester? I hope the pregnancy hasn't been too bad. Thank you, as well, for letting us pick your brain. it's only in forums like this that we realize we're not alone. And nothing like having 1st hand account of experience.

Ahhhh....6 weeks and counting...must calm down and be zennnnn....LOL!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention @Lastchance75... I drew up a medication schedule on exel (because I'm slightly OCD and knowing my brain, I'd probably forget). if you'd like a copy, I can email it to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MustRemainPositive that would be great if I could get a copy of your schedule. I'll pm you my email address. Even for a donor the schedule is full on isn't it. Suppose they want to cover all their bases which is reassuring. We will definitely be next on that 100% list!!!

You are going to have a ball in Hawaii with your friend. It's great you have someone to go with and share the same experience. I don't leave till 28th March. Gosh seems so far away. Hurry up already.

Can't wait to hear about your journey so please keep us posted. Are you doing anything extra to help with that bfp? I asked dh last night if I should be doing acupuncture and he said yes. We are already paying a small fortune to do this we need to make sure we throw everything at it.
    @jackbenimble omg one more day!!! Good luck tomorrow and please pop back when you can to give us the details. Thanks so much to you and @Chiefsgirl for your information it really does help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all, it's getting exciting around here! I think this thread is great as there isn't much info out there on de in the us.
    @jackbenimble I am so excited for you!

Afm- yep 26 weeks now and starting to feel it and I've only got one bun in the oven! I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. A little ms in weeks 12-14 and lots of tiredness but that's about it. Of course I now have horrible heartburn and swelling feet but bubs is doing really well. I have a scan in a cpl of weeks and done blood and the dreaded glucose test for gd but apart from that all is quiet on my end.

We have pretty much bought everything for bubs and have been given so much stuff already (the cleaner at my work even gave me cot sheets and a blanket!).
    @MustRemainPositive I did the same thing with excel! I was on so many meds for my immune stuff as well. Are you on lucrin? Don't forget you'll need a letter for the plane and some decent ice packs. From memory I wrapped the vial in bubble wrap then had those camping ice packs that are squares all joined together. I also had some other drugs that had tone kept cold so also bought a cheap thermometer that the end sat in the bag near the vial and the gauge thing was outside do I could keep an eye on the temp inside. I had no problems on the way there, but on the way back it got warm so I used one of those instant cold packs from the pharmacy that you wiggle to make cold quickly.
    @Lastchance75 the time will go quickly and you'll be there before you know it!

I know it's easier said than done, but really do try and relax, so many things are out of our control - will the donor produce eggs, will they fertilize, will they make it to day 5 etc, etc. I tried to just go with the flow and take one day at a time.

Oh and swim lots before transfer, no swimming after!

I also went to an old royal birthing ground and rubbed the stones for good luck - did the same at a fertility God statue at the Polynesian centre😜

I thought about my donor a lot in the first few weeks- she gave us an amazing gift. I still think of her every now and then and wonder if bubs will look like her (we are having a girl). But really, from the moment I got those two lines on my hpt this bubba has been mine. We have told some people, but not all, and they have all said the same thing to me. I am the mother of this child, they will not be lacking love!

We do plan on telling her though, in an age appropriate way. My mum found out at 55 she was adopted and took it really hard, not that she was adopted, but that her parents hadn't told her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I love that you went to a old royal birthing ground @Chiefsgirl. I will def check that out. I know time does fly, we are already in January but always seem slow when your waiting for something. I do love this thread too as its great getting the info and we are only a small group so it's very exciting.

Ive looked into into doing some Acupunture over there as well. If I'm going to spend a small fortune on this have to give it everything. If nothing else it makes me feel relaxed.

Which hospital are you going to @Chiefsgirl?

have you started mess yet @MustRemainPositive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't started on the meds yet....just the bcp...Lucrin starts jan 17th.

Think I'm going do the pin cushion thing too. Def more confidence in that than the herbs