+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My donor was 26 and had donated before and had children of her own so we didn't do pgd.

We got 60 eggs, 40 fertilized and we got 20 embies which was an outrageous amount I know. I spoke to a lady here in Sydney who had gone to sa and Greece and still wasn't pregnant and she said if she could start again she'd go to Hawaii so that helped my decision.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Onemoreshot  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lastchance and Chiefsgirl they aré incredible Numbers for egg collection! Amazing! Thanks for the info On pgd testing....i dont really mind what sex the child is but it would be good to know which aré the best quality embryos! Yes I am based in Sydney- i live in the South near the airport- You? It would be great to meet for a coffee some time if You seré open to that but totally cool if You prefer to keep things anonymous.
    Our donar is 28 and has donanted before- i think they got 20 eggs. We aré just now trying to decide On a sperm donor...You only get to see their Baby Photos but You can still get quite a but of detail about them. I am just trying to research if they have been successful previously.
    i got my schedule from Adrian and Im a bit overwhelmed by it- Im also not feeling great being On the pill- geez i havent taken the pill for 20 years! Ive been getting some spotting in the last day or two even though Im On the pill- did any one experience that?
    Lastchance only about 4 weeks until You go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi onemoreshot I'm out parramatta way. Would love to meet up for a coffee maybe half way for both of us.

The schedule is very overwhelming but you get the hang of it in no time. I was surprised as I thought it would be a lot easier than doing OE but it's actually more drugs!

Ok good that she is proven but I have to admit they tend to be pretty strict on their donors like no smoking or drug taking which is good. I know a lot of SA donors smoke.

Yea I have had spotting on the pill. Just last week actually and I thought wtf. Anyway didn't last long.

I start lucrin on Wednesday so getting very real for me. Just working out what meds I've got and what I need.

What's in your schedule? Lucrin, doxy, aspirin then clexane and pred?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK cool lets meet up, it will be so good to talk to someone that is going through a similar experience!! I actually have to work out at Parramatta usually once every two weeks - I could meet you at lunch time or after work if that suits? I think I will next be in Parra possibly next Tuesday 20th if that works for you? Otherwise happy to meet half way- maybe the city - can do lunch if you work in the city or after work or a Saturday morning?
    Hey yeah I noticed that a lot of the SA donors smoke - that really put me off! I am glad that Conceptions are quite strict with their donors, lets face it, the money we are putting in and the life that hopefully comes out of it, you want them to be giving the best possible chance!!
    I dont have my schedule/meds list to hand at the moment but i was a bit freaked out by the list - it seemed a lot and to be honest I havent heard of half of them!! Is Lucrin and injectable or oral?? I dont start meds (other than the pill) until the end of the month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I work out at norwest but could be in parramatta by 3.30 if that suits? Could do coffee.

Lucrin is an injection and costs $300 for the script!!! Another cost that we don't really need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that actually works out really well as I wil be finishing a meeting right at that time so lets go for it. As for location - can we make it somewhere near the train station? I dont know how to send a personal message through this site but if you know how, just send me the name of where you want to meet and I will meet you there just after 3.30pm on Tuesday.
    Hooley dooley that is expensive meds!! And dam I thought I could get out of this round without injections, i thought it was all oral!! dam!
    So we just had to make a decision on sperm donor last night, we actually found it harder than selecting the egg donor!! OMG! It feels so weird to be using both sperm and egg donor, this whole thing is still hard to get my head around, I really never thought that we would be in this situation.
    I have not really spoken to many people about it all, just two of my friends, there seem to be some very strong and interesting views out there about using donors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm brand new to this website/forum and I am trying to join the group though can't see where I do that???? Any help please.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elle18

I'm new to this forum and am still navigating my way around...
    Anyway, I've been on a 10 year TTC journey that commenced with coming to terms with my husbands infertility. We were able to process that loss and move onto donor sperm as a pathway to parenthood...fast track 8 years of IVF with one m/c..grieving that loss, we moved onto donor eggs..we are now at the stage where multiple embryos from the one donor have not been successful. More loss....
    So, we're now considering going outside of Australia for a new egg and sperm donor and have been recommended conceptions hawaaii...I'm very interested in how everyone is going on their journey..we're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls welcome! @Magub you have already joined just by posting a comment so you don't need to do anything else.

Are you already on the track with conceptions or just considering it?

Hi @Senorita21 sorry to hear you've been trying for so long. It's even more disappointing when donor eggs don't work. You do wonder how that is possible. Have you had immune testing done?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elle18

It has been very frustrating having no luck with donor embryos. I have had immune issues (natural killer cells) treated by prednisone, clexane and most recently intralipid infusion therapy. This has been through Dr. Gavin Sacks who specializes in reproductive immunology. His feedback is that the donor embryos we received (from the one donor) were of poorer quality, frozen at day 2 and none ever fully grew to blastocyst stage.
    We're just considering Hawaii as we are still reeling from a failed FET with the last of our donor embryos.
    Last edited by Senorita21; 15-09-2016 at 17:29.