+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75 I'm sorry it's not higher and you're left in doubt. I think the 'not knowing' is the hardest thing to deal with. From what I read it's all about the rate so don't rush to any conclusion..
    My scan today confirmed what I kinda suspected.. Double trouble.. Both looking strong & healthy but tiny!!! But still in high risk zone for another 4 weeks or so.. Won't sink in until the next scan and all confirmed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg @HopefulSS massive congrats!!! So happy for you. Double trouble big time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HopefulSS congrats! I'm so happy for you xxx
    @Lastchance75 as I said on the other thread I don't think you're out. You've still got a chance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Lastchance75  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75 how are you? Been thinking of you wondering how things have gone for you.
    I've had a bit of bleeding, it's a stressful time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @HopefulSS thanks for thinking of me. Unfortunately it didn't go well for me. Hcg levels were low then dropped so just waiting to miscarry now.

I'm sorry to hear you're have some bleeding have you had it checked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75 I'm so sorry to hear.. So unfair and disappointing.. So difficult to pick up from that place.., we've all been there

Thanks
    Reviews

Default conceptions hawaii

Hi all,
    I am new to this site and I am not even sure if this post will even work!! I have been reading/following this thread over the past few days as we are about to sign the paper work to do egg donation at Conceptions in Hawaii. We have spent the past couple of months researching all our options and have changed our minds at least 10 times!!! But we have now come to the point where we think Conceptions migth be the best option for us, even though it is by far the most expensive!! OMG!! Reading the thread, it seems like most of you have had a good experience iwth Conceptions which is very reassuring! The concern that i have is that based on the paper work we have been given - it looks to me like we bear all costs even if the donor cancels the cycle. Surely this cant be right??!! I have emailed Adrian (who has been so responsive and great to deal with) to clarify this but I am just wondering if any of you have had a cycle cancelled on you and what the situation was? Surely they need to supply another donor or give a refund?? We are taking out a loan to do this treatment having spent all our savings on 3 failed IVF rounds in Aus so I am just reall nervous about putting all 'eggs' in one basket and having no come back if there is a cancelation by the donor (highly unlikely - but could happen!)
    We were very close to going to Chile or Spain with IVI and my husband is Chilean so that would actually work out a lot cheaper for us, however they could not guarentee a fresh egg donor - only frozen eggs and from what I have read, frozen eggs arent as successful as fresh, plus IVI in Chile have not been as responsive as Conceptions so for these reasons we are going with Conceptions. Any info/assurances would be so greatly appreciated as we are really nervous about all this!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Onemoreshot I have never heard of anyone having their cycle cancelled. They get paid $5000 so I doubt they would cancel. Plus you would know before you left as they would have to start meds. When are you thinking of going? Have you had immune testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, I just made enquiries with 'Conceptions' in Hawaii, and nearly passed out when I read what the cost was $27,245 USD!!!Suffice to say we won't be pursuing that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lastchance75. Yeah I know it would be rare to have a cancellation, however cancellation has happened - it happened to a friend of a friend of mine in Melbourne that went to Spain - the donor cancelled as she was having really bad side effects from the injections so the cycle got cancelled and they only got notified the day that they were flying out to Spain!! The clinic did however find them another donor very quickly but they had to change all their travel plans etc.
    Anyway, its all good - Adrian clarified the policy regarding the unlikely event that this would happen and we are happy to go ahead with it - still choking at the cost but having spent months researching all the options we feel we are giving ourselves the best possible chance of success.
    We are just finalising paper work now but looks like we will be off in about 7 weeks!!! OMG!!
    What immune testing Lastchance75?? Ive sent all the testing we had done at IVF Australia over to Adrian - assuming it would be in all that???

Siansmum i know how you feel - we initially disregarded Conceptions on the grounds of cost, it really is a choker!!! We have however refinanced and decided to go with it basically because the other clinic we were going with in the end could not provide us with a fresh egg donor

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoreshot For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (02-09-2016)