Egg Donation in the US | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello @fabforty

Firstly, I am sorry to hear of your negative result. I think the donor cycle process is so much more stressful than a cycle using our own eggs, mainly because the costs and expectations are higher. You mentioned you have lots of frosties, which is great. Not everyone has this as a back up so that is a positive. Do you think you will return for a FET?

I returned from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, and received a positive result. While it is early days, the initial beta was high, about three times as high as my best result using my own eggs. So I am hoping this is a sign of a quality egg/implant. I have a scan booked for the end of the week so then will know more. Mainly if there is still a baby (or two) growing in there. Having had seven miscarriages previously, I know I am not out of the woods yet!

I had a good experience using the the Hawaii clinic. I found Adrian to be very responsive to my many questions and she never seems to sleep! We did take some time selecting a donor as our initial favourites were not available. In the end we selected a 19 year unproven donor which was a risk for sure. DH really wanted a proven donor but I swayed him. Our donor did good, 20 follicles yielded 17 eggs of which 14 mature eggs. All fertilised and we ended up transferring two quality blasts and freezing five. Again, no proof yet of quality but I am really happy with the result.

Our experience going to Hawaii was good, also partly because we regularly holiday there, so we packaged it up as a holiday with an added benefit to take the pressure off. That way if it didn't work then we had a lovely holiday to fall back on. Let me know if there is anything else I can comment on about our experience!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-06-2015),MustRemainPositive  (25-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The USA is very expensive, I was considering this option once too. Furthermore Im not quite sure how I feel about these donor egg banks... Anyway I would advice you to go to Europe. The treatment prices are way cheaper than here or in America and you wont have to wait for treatment. The success rates are even higher I think than in the USA, in some countries at least. I went to Spain and was very happy with treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The clinic in Hawaii is not an egg donor bank. You choose the donor based on your requirements be it medical history/physical appearance etc and there is a legal contract drawn up between you and the donor.

We weighed up the costs, the fact we could choose our donor (some European clinics like Greece you can't) and the success rates. My dh was the one who made the decision as we had just read so many posts by ladies going elsewhere who only ended up with one or two to transfer and sometimes nothing to freeze. We have also heard of one donor cycle embies all being used to get one baby, but then when you want a sibling you need a different donor.
    @SpringRain I have just returned from Hawaii mans have a BFP. My donor was very successful for us, we transferred two blasts and have 18 on ice.

It was one of the easiest cycles I have ever done, they communicated well with me and no question was ever a hassle. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (06-08-2015),Onemoreshot  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I know this thread is a bit old but we are looking at egg donation in Hawaii. I received an email from conceptions and they said it was $27k! I nearly fell off my chair. Does this include the donors fee too? Is this roughly what you paid in Hawaii? Also does anyone know if they do Pgd and gender selection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's around about what we paid and yes includes the donor fee, donor monitoring, ivf cycle for donor and your transfer with pio injections. You still need to pay for monitoring and drugs here before you leave.

They do pgd but it's extra and off the top of my head was about $5k for 6, but o can't remember exactly. I know it was very expensive so we didn't do it. I don't know about gender selection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Lastchance75 if your after pgd and gender selection they do that in Cyprus, if you'd like any info on some clinics let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chiefsgirl are you able to tell me more about your experience in Hawaii? Do you know all the egg donation agencies you can go through? How long in advance were you able to book flights?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have replied to your pm last chance. Feel free to ask any other questions!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Lastchance75  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Chiefsgirl i have been looking at using US donors through TWEB and came across this post. If you don't mind me asking what made you decide on the US? I have concerns about SA etc and have no reasonable reason why.... Even if they are cheaper than the US.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi fudge I'm due to go to Hawaii in March. So excited. Can I ask why you are looking at using the world egg bank? Are you looking at going to Hawaii?