+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @HopefullSS let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am new to this thread and was hoping there might be some ideas out there regards when to tell your egg donor child and other siblings how they came about.

I have an 8 month old who was conceived in Hawaii with donor egg - our second cycle. First cycle was ectopic. I also have a 6 year old who is my biological child. I have been giving it some thought lately how I will tell my son that he is from a donor egg but by the time he is ready to understand, my daughter will be that much older and wonder why she wasn't told earlier. Thoughts?

For or those who are still considering going to Hawaii, happy to share my experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @Thankful75 I'm not planning on telling my child so I can't help you there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

Thankful75  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Thankful75 we are planning on telling bub at an early age, with age appropriate info.

I have heard there is a group in Melbourne that produce age appropriate books/literature to help your children understand. I think they work with donor egg/sperm and adoptive children as well. I was going to google them in a year or so to find out their details.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thankful75  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Chiefsgirl I will look into it. I have also heard of a group in the UK so will look into that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Lastchance75, literally just arrived in HI.. 13 retrieved..
    any recommendations on activities, healthy eating options etc would be greatly appreciated. everything crossed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @HopefulSS yay 13 is great. Let's hope for 100% fertilisation tomorrow. Umm healthy eating is a tough one as their meal sizes are ginormous. We are at a place called the shore bird. You cook your own steak and have a salad bar with it which was quite nice and right on the beach. Get their around 4.30-5.00 though to watch the sunset. Are you staying right in Waikiki?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, found a condo - really central. i'm a little disappointed to read that everyone else had much higher egg no:s but need to remind myself that it only takes one! and its quality that counts....hopefully all becoming healthy embryos right now.. will keep you posted..thanks for restaurant recommendations.. certainly can't do the american portion sizes for long!! Adrian is off island so won't get to meet her..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh we were in a condo at the ilikai. The cheesecake shop was good too and you can get a salad there but be warned its massive.

13 eggs is still great honestly it is more about quality. I got 44 and it still didn't work first go so obviously numbers don't mean anything.

I didn't meet Adrian tho didn't really expect to. I'm not sure if the other girls did.

Make sure you get to the outlets, they are a bit hit and miss but still worth a visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a car and went to wholefoods a fair bit! Gorgeous, healthy foods! We stocked up our kitchen with healthy snacks (for the lock down days) and bought a huge salad and some meat to have more simple foods for a few nights. Got a bit tired of the huge US portions!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the numbers as its quality that counts. We had 28 eggs, 23 mature, 17 fertilized but after PGD only 3 came bk normal!