+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lastchance75, yeah!!! So happy for you and your hubby! You must be so excited!

I put back 2 as well and it looks like one.

Congrats!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

HopefulSS  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HopefulSS...I didn't even look at if my donor was a proven donor...guess I was a bit naive in that sense. I looked for someone with similar physical traits. I am Asian so had to get someone Asian. Can you imagine if the bubba came out blonde and blue eyed?!? Don't think I would be able to explain that one too well!! 😂😂😂

I then had a read of her personal info to see if anything clicked with me. So I did my own research and so did my hubby.... And we both picked the same donor... Meant to be I guess.

My donor had 2 kids of her own already and donated twice before me.

You can always ask for conception's opinion of the donor. Reason I say that is when I was in Hawaii, during the course of my many conversations with the IVF nurses, they mentioned that my donor was a good donor as she followed he instructions and turned up to all the appointments, etc. and I thought... Wow... I didn't even think of that.... I just assumed the donor would do what they were suppose to do... But guess that's not a guarantee.

Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

HopefulSS  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lastchance that's super exciting.. Really grateful to you for sharing.. Actually for everyone sharing, so important to have support! I'm doing it on my own & have supportive sister & family but it's not the same..

I've chosen my donor & signed all the paperwork... looks like end May/ Start of June transfer 💥💥 she's not donated before but has a child of her own, high resting reserve numbers & genetic tests normal 👏👏 I felt really good about her.. So both a heart & head decision!!

Did everyone do the PGD testing? Would you recommend it?

Thanks again for your advice & support

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulSS For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @HopefulSS yay on choosing your donor. That's one big thing out of the way. Now the countdown begins.

Honestly we only did Pgd as if we were going to spend all this money to do this we wanted to make sure the eggs were good and we wanted to be able to choose the sex if we could as we have a boy and I so desperately want a girl too. My passed a few years ago and I've been struggling with it and just wanted to have that same relationship I had with my mum. Anyway that was all a personal thing. It's an extra $5000 for Pgd so up to you if you want to spend more money.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

HopefulSS  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @Chiefsgirl so excited for you to meet your little girl. Send us a pic when you get settled. Xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great step forward @HopefulSS! I have a friend who's doing this on her own too! You're not alone! Courageous and brave both of you!
    @Lastchance75...how's it all going? Have u had the transfer yet?
    @Chiefsgirl.. Who knows when u will read this but woo hoo!!! Hope everything went smoothly.

Afm...just waiting and jabbing. Have my obs appointment next week. Just tired and eating more than I probably should. 😂

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (17-04-2016),HopefulSS  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MustRemainPositive had transfer today. 2 girls on board so just resting in the apartment today. Not sure I can just sit here for 2 days though. Did the outlets yesterday and scored some good stuff so pretty happy. I'm here till Friday so kind of just waiting around now.

Bet you can't wait to stop jabbing. I have so many bruises it's not funny. Just started clexane today so I'm sure that will add to it. Man my butt is sore from the progesterone injections.

Let us know how your OB appointment goes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

MustRemainPositive  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondering how everyone on this thread is getting on.. So nice to know that there are women at different stages of the journey.. Very exciting& re-assuring!! @lastchance @MustRemainPositive @Chiefsgirl
    How many days did everyone spend in Hawaii? How much longer after transfer did you fly home? Just looking at flights & accom..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulSS For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone, sorry it's taken me so long to update.

Our miracle bub Adalyn arrived by c-section on Wednesday 23/4/16 weighing in at 3.5kg or 7lb8oz and 51cm long.

We are absolutely smitten and will be going home tmw. Milk came in last night and she is feeding well

We stayed in Hawaii for 2 weeks. We had just over a week before transfer and just under a week after. I knew about their no swimming/activity after transfer and didn't want to spend the whole time doing nothing!

That being said I splashed in the ocean 3 days post transfer and had s quick dip 4 days post transfer. We also did pearl harbour and the outlets day trips, I just made sure I rested lots and kept hydrated. I went to the gym and lifted heavy weights pre transfer so sitting around would have driven me crazy! My docs all said that because I was so fit and active before, walking wouldn't jeopardize implantation.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

HopefulSS  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive congratulations @Chiefsgirl what a beautiful name. Glad to hear she is feeding well too.

As for me I stayed in Hawaii for 2 and a half weeks, only because we did Pgd so had to wait a bit longer for the testing. I'm 5dp5dt today and bfn this morning. Starting to get nervous.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-04-2016),HopefulSS  (21-04-2016)