Egg Donation in the US | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in the US

I am new to this forum and interested to hear of anyone who has travelled to the US for egg donation. We are planning to do this in May in a clinic in Hawaii. I have seen South Africa, Greece and the Czech Republic seem to be the places where most people go. I am keen to hear of experiences and recommendations from those who have travelled this path.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to America for donor embryo at California Conceptions. They charge 12k USD for a cycle and you get 3 cycles. Unless you get preggers then thats it. If it wasn't for visa issues, I'd be there now. Instead I'm going to Embryoland in Greece.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 17-04-2015 at 10:55. Reason: link removed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @jackbenimble Can I ask what clinic you are going to? We are looking at one called conceptions, but I can't seem to find any forums anywhere where people have gone there.

Good luck for next month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are using an agency called Conception Center for Ovum Donation, based in Honolulu. The contact person there is Adrian Pulido. My doctor had a couple of patients who used them and were successful. Is this the agency you are considering? I couldn't find any active forums of Australians going the US route, so I follow the other threads here. Hoping the process is pretty similar across the board.

We fly out on 1 May so not long now. Will be away 19 days in order to sneak in a holiday as well. When are you thinking of doing a cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes that's the same place we are going to go to. The $$ has me pretty nervous, the exchange rate doesn't help!

We are just looking at donor profiles now. Gosh it's hard! We are trying to get everything done for a cycle in July.

Where are you staying? I've been looking at serviced apartments rather than hotels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choosing a donor was really difficult for us. Each time we decided on one we found out they were already booked or unavailable. And one had her cycle cancelled for non performance. Adrian suggested we make a list of donors that we were comfortable with but that was difficult as well. It is all a risk with no certain outcomes and expensive to boot! But we still decided to move forward with this route. After seven miscarriages in less than three years this is our last shot.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue]We are regular visitors to Hawaii, and always stay in a privately owned condo right in the heart of Waikiki. We like it as it is an apartment with a full kitchen, two bathrooms and access to washing machines on the first floor. That helps us as we have a four year old who will be travelling with us. The views are fabulous. We rent directly off the owner Karl.

Have you travelled to Hawaii before? Please let me know if I can help with recommendations on hotels, restaurants etc. This trip will be my tenth visit so we know it quite well!
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 17-04-2015 at 10:54. Reason: link removed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, are you still heading to Hawaii! If so, how has your experience been dealing with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am back from Hawaii and received a negative result. Were you successful? I have many embryos in storage but questioning quality. I received a lab report and photos of the embryos. How was your experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Egg donation abroad
    Hi, I am researching international clinics for egg donation. Can anyone recommend Hawaii or share their experience/opinion? Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm watching this thread too - if my frosties don't work out, we're looking at the US too.