+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, we moved interstate. It was very hard to make new friends and it took about 4 years for us to start to build up a support network, but the place we moved to was very cliquey. We also found that it was disruptive for DD when grandparents would come to visit, stay for a weekend and then she wouldn't see them again for months. She would miss them dreadfully and get very clingy.

We moved back to our home city and are much happier here even though its meant an income drop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we moved from the UK to Australia about 3 years ago. We love it, never going back. Much better for us financially and we've started building up some friendship groups now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We moved interstate 6 months ago. In that time I also had a baby. Its been tough. I miss my family and friends and just the support. Ive joined a few playgroups for ds who is 2 so getting out a bit now. Hoping in 6 months time im feeling alot happier about the move but at the moment I wish we hadnt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No… But I think about it a lot…

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, made the move from victoria to tasmania! It's hard I won't lie but in the long run it's the right love for us. The kids settled fine it's more the struggle with having a hubby who's in the mines, 2 kids, full time work, studying a bachelor and renovating our house. Plus with no real family support it's difficult but were doing the hard yards now to benefit later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We made the move from SA to QLD 2013, I do like it more up here in terms of activities and things to do but now that I am expecting our first Bub I keep thinking how nice it would be to have my mummy there for support lol. My partner and I don't have the best of relationships and I often feel very isolated with only having one friend from an old workplace that I only see occasionally. My partner has made no friends at all. Whilst I don't want to move back "home" I do wish that my mum would want to move up here! I'm worried for our kid that he will grow up as isolated as I am as we have very limited contact with either family due to them being spread so far and wide and we are not on the best of terms with many of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved to the USA when I was five months pregnant, my husband studied for two years, I had the most amazing support community and made friends very fast through the university. We then moved to London when DS was around 20 months. It has been really tough, to be honest. It is such a great city but it is hard to meet new people, well, it is easy to meet people but hard to make friends. DS is at daycare a couple of days a week and I am working with a friend of a friend on her business as she is about to have a baby, it is slowly coming together. I miss my family although know that we would never live in our hometown so I would be a flight away even if I was in Australia. We Skype often and try to visit home a couple of times a year and our parents come here a couple of times a year.
    DH does a job in finance that doesn't exist in Australia, and a salary that would be unheard of in Australia. You have to do what is right for your family unit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I moved away for work for a couple of years pre kids, we loved it, made friends and really just loved the experience of living regionally.

Fast forward a few years, we tried it again, this time with kids. Hated it. Missed family support and our close networks. Never really integrated into the community. Moved home.

I would do it again for a time limited thing, i.e. 2 years for a specific work contract with rented housing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest fear is telling my sister. We are all each other have. She would never ever move. In fact she lives in the house we grew up in. I am the more restless one but don't want to break her heart

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have moved from England to NSW to QLD throughout my life. My husband had never even been on a plane before he met me and still lives in the same town he grew up in. Now I am getting restless again! However, my husbands whole family (literally whole family, cousins, Aunts etc), my parents and my brother all live within an hours drive of each other and we all see each other multiple times a week and for big family gatherings regularly. My DS loves his grandparents and cousins. I feel like I'm an idiot for thinking about moving away, but I imagine myself at 30-35 and we are still living here, and I feel like I would have major regrets. There is a whole world out there to explore, new friends to make, new jobs to have! So anyway, it feels good to get that vent out. But hugs, I know how it feels that decision you are trying to make and it is not easy. Go with your heart.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

musicalmummy  (19-02-2015)