+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Older kids constantly waking baby

I know there's probably no answer to this so maybe this is a vent more than anything but here goes...

4 yr old and 2.5 yr old are very loud kids. 5 mo bub very light sleeper. I can't keep older kids quiet.

It takes me ages to get him to sleep. I have to do it in a quiet dark room and keep sending my older 2 away otherwise he's just too distracted. He's fully breastfed. I usually put them in front of iPad, bring out new books, give snacks but they always end up fighting/ playing loudly. He feeds for a long time and likes a cuddle.

I really feel like he needs more sleep than he's getting? He ends up getting so worked up it seems like he's really overtired but I honestly don't know how to improve things? I always notice how loud my children are compared to others everywhere we go I guess this might just be something I have to put up with.I feel fed up with everything... I knew 3 would be hard but I just don't enjoy much at all these days. How do people with 3 kids at home keep it together? Has anyone ever survived through similar??
    Last edited by yadot; 17-02-2015 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had the same issue with our kids. Dd1 and dd2 were so loud and constantly woke dd3 up, she was a light sleeper as well. Even with dd3's door closed it used to be loud. As she got older dd3 adjusted and by 8 or 9 months was able to sleep through most of it, unless the girls were outside her bedroom or we were out in public. Now at 2.5 years she is a much better sleeper, still not a heavy sleeper but will sleep through most noise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you considered trying white noise in the baby's room? We use it for our DS to block out the noise from his loud sister. Works well to help him stay asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I run a fan and shut the door to my toddlers room, he's at the other end of the house..

the babies just learn to adjust over time tbh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I hear you! My kids are loud too! We live in a tiny 3bed 1 bathroom house and the room the baby sleeps in runs off the living room/kitchen. But I'm lucky that he seems to sleep through most of their noise, and now DS1 is at school it is definately quieter during the day, but I am constantly waking the baby to get to school for drop off/ pick up. Can't win!
    I would also suggest white noise- I think you can just download an app or something.