+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby shower gift

im giving my sister a surprise baby shower and i want to give her a different gift something to use for herself since most items r for the baby at showers i was think of doin a hospital bag up for her. would u like that as a gift for ur baby shower ? wat items would b good to put in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Breast pads! I leaked so much and didn't have any.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes thankyou they will definatly go on the list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lip balm for her after labour, a nice nightie, hand cream as your hands dry out some much from changing bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lansinoh if she plans to breastfeed. Some nice soap/body wash. Something yummy (and one handed) to snack on...like nuts or dried fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    would use like to recieve a gift like that or would u rather stuff for bub
    i didnt have a baby shower so carnt base it on my experience if wat ppl give u

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have loved that. I'd go a nice pair of PJ's (probably a dark colour in case of leaks). Cloth breast pads. So much nicer to use than disposable. I probably wouldn't get her anything too smelly if she plans on breastfeeding. I've read that strong smells can confuse bub at first. Maybe some nice healthy snacks or homemade biscuits. Or cheese and crackers. I remember getting chocolates and stuff, but really I just wanted like soft cheese or a steak that I didn't have to cook.
    Another idea is a pregnancy massage or pedicure or something. I seriously would have loved if someone gave me a voucher for a massage at my baby shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh good idea mrs snowman i might put a voucher in for her hairdresser for after she has bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pjs, heat pad, fluffy slippers. Maybe a voucher for a cleaner? That would take a lot of pressure off when she got home

Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby shower gift

Is it her first bub? I think it's a really lovely and thoughtful idea. I second the pj's and fabric pads (light dressing gowns are also nice). I will admit that I loved packing my hospital bag myself though. It was such an exciting thing to do as a first time mum and it was the last on my 'to do list' which meant bub was almost here.