+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default What were your child's first words?

I was just thinking the other day about the first words that my kids uttered (aside from dada, mama) and now that they're older, how they reflect their personalities.
    • DS's first words were bus and car and the only thing that he would sign language was 'aeroplane'! Now aged nearly 14, he is plane-mad!
    • DD1's first word was 'hat' She is my fashion diva - loves to watch The Great British Sewing Bee and use her Top Model books
    • DD2's first word was 'banana' and she is my little chef. If she ever gets hold of the remote-control, she switches to Martha Bakes or Bake-Off!!

So they must have made the effort to say the things that they were most interested in!

Anyone found the same?
    And what might that have in store for those of you who have kids who are just starting to talk??? What were their first words??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All 3 of my kids have said "mum" first and then Dad. My first 2 then very quickly started saying so many things that I couldn't really tell you what was first anymore, I haven't got the best memory for these sorts of things.
    Ben however, is 20 months, and quite behind with his speech. Mum was first, then his second word was CAR! He eventually said Dad, and says Hayden and Mikayla now (his brother and sister) but that's it. Car is said constantly, non stop, all day long. Car car car car car. Car's are his entire world and mean everything to him. Haha. Car and Mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter is almost 2 so not sure of her future aspirations yet! But like your daughter, I'm sure her first word other than mum, dad, nan, etc was banana. She's interested in food and cooking, helped me make cookies yesterday and sat and watched me cook dinner for an hour! No helping, just watching!
    Another early word was "ball" but she's terrible with balls, can't kick them and can only throw over her head lol. So no future soccer player here I don't think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh he can say Nana too (as in banana) he had an obsession with them for a little while there and started saying Nana when asking for one. Now he's just gone back to screaming at the kitchen when he wants something to eat. Which is constantly because a chubba that never stops eating, ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both boys have said dad first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Looks like we might have some chefs in the making!

(Mine said Dada and then Mama first, these were their next words after that - oh and after 'more' and 'no'!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not entirely sure, but I think after mum and dad were 'more' and various food items. The kid certainly loves her food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 14 month old after the usual first words of "mama", ""dada", "no" etc is.... "ball" everything is ball and we have little soccer balls that he loves to always play with and is now starting to kick as he walks.
    We will see if this evolves to anything in the future.