+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yeah I'm okay with it; I'm glad there's no bad blood and I think everyone is entitled to have whatever kind of parties they like so long as no one gets offended if I choose not to go.

Honestly she's not as bad as it sounds. I mean I agree with the rest that choosing a dress code over a friend is a bit much but I've never known her to be a *****y person and when we do see each other we have a great chat and a laugh so maybe she's just particularly invested in this theme and that's okay with me; I'm not gonna hate her forever or anything.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (21-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Yeah I'm okay with it; I'm glad there's no bad blood and I think everyone is entitled to have whatever kind of parties they like so long as no one gets offended if I choose not to go.

Honestly she's not as bad as it sounds. I mean I agree with the rest that choosing a dress code over a friend is a bit much but I've never known her to be a *****y person and when we do see each other we have a great chat and a laugh so maybe she's just particularly invested in this theme and that's okay with me; I'm not gonna hate her forever or anything.
    Good on you for taking this attitude about it. I guess she has this vision of having a Diddy-style 'white party' and doesn't want to let go of that. I can't imagine telling someone 'don't come if you can't find an outfit' but it's good that she managed to say that without coming across as a nasty cow.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    You're very understanding.

I feel like you should buy yourself something fabulous in whatever colour you like and go out on the town to treat yourself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the replies! Thought I'd update for anyone whose interested. I called my friend to double check the dress code and was told definitely all white. She was nice about it but said if I couldn't find anything all white she understood if I couldn't make it. I had a look around but to be honest couldn't justify buying something I didn't particular like just to wear once so I decided not to go.
    She said that? Exactly that?

Holy hera, what a cow!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What was the outcome on this???