+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Thought I'd update for anyone whose interested. I called my friend to double check the dress code and was told definitely all white. She was nice about it but said if I couldn't find anything all white she understood if I couldn't make it. I had a look around but to be honest couldn't justify buying something I didn't particular like just to wear once so I decided not to go.
    Hope she isn't serving red wine! Shame that you can't go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the replies! Thought I'd update for anyone whose interested. I called my friend to double check the dress code and was told definitely all white. She was nice about it but said if I couldn't find anything all white she understood if I couldn't make it. I had a look around but to be honest couldn't justify buying something I didn't particular like just to wear once so I decided not to go.
    Wait..... she preferred you not come than to turn up in something not entirely white??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd? Birthday invite with very specific dress code

That's ridiculous! That dress from asos should have been more than fine. I guarantee there are going to be guests that do not double check like you did and will come with some sort of accent color. Pretty sad that she cares more about her dress code than spending time with friends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be a no go for me.
    I think turning up in another colour is disrespectful because it's her party and she can do what she wants.
    But so can I.
    And I would say to hell with making everyone feel comfortable and just tell her the truth - that you don't have any formal white attire or that you don't like wearing it.

To be honest, she doesn't sound like a friend worth having.
    Last edited by Mrs Tickle; 21-02-2015 at 17:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm a bit mean but I am picturing her alone at her party, dressed in white, with no one there because she preferred the idea of her theme than spending time with her friends!

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-02-2015),Ashram  (22-02-2015),delirium  (21-02-2015),harvs  (21-02-2015),LaDiDah  (21-02-2015),littlelove  (21-02-2015),MissMuppet  (21-02-2015),New Hope  (21-02-2015),ScubaGal  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd still go..

I'd go to the Op Shop and buy a big hideous looking puffy all white wedding dress and make light out of the white theme... buy white gloves like Amal Clooney at the academy awards..

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-02-2015),amyd  (21-02-2015),Apple iPhart6  (21-02-2015),BbBbBh  (21-02-2015),BettyW  (21-02-2015),delirium  (21-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (21-02-2015),JR03  (21-02-2015),LaDiDah  (21-02-2015),Little Ted  (21-02-2015),littlelove  (21-02-2015),VicPark  (23-02-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She was nice about it?
    No she wasn't! She was "host-zilla".
    Im glad you've decided not to go now you know her overly styled event is more important than the comfort and attendance of her guests.
    I'm sorry this happened. If I was a party person, you could come to my party wearing whatever the hell you'd like !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...just wow!
    Unbelievable. ...what a sh***y friend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I'd still go..

I'd go to the Op Shop and buy a big hideous looking puffy all white wedding dress and make light out of the white theme... buy white gloves like Amal Clooney at the academy awards..
    This! Do this! I have some white elbow length gloves you can wear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh what a self entitled cow she is. Hope someone turns up in hot pink.