+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,374
    Thanks
    774
    Thanked
    1,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    It is not perfumed. It contains lavender oil as an ingredient. Hence the smell.
    The lavender oil can irritate the skin of a child with eczema. I agree about steering away from 'natural' products. They can be quite potent and there are a lot of things for sensitive skin to react to. Both me and my children (We all have very sensitive skin) find the 'natural' products are the absolute worst thing for our skin.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,040
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked
    1,925
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    The lavender oil can irritate the skin of a child with eczema. I agree about steering away from 'natural' products. They can be quite potent and there are a lot of things for sensitive skin to react to. Both me and my children (We all have very sensitive skin) find the 'natural' products are the absolute worst thing for our skin.
    Interesting. I have the opposite approach. We use natural and it does well for us. I guess it all depends on your child's particular triggers.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (15-02-2015)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked
    337
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I worked in a pharmacy and I swore by the qv, but I think it's different when it's your own, by all means I love QV, (I used to love doing the window display for it and hay fever, cold and flu) anyway.....miss those days sometimes. It's just the scent that I'm not in love with, I would hate for people to think I don't clean my kids.
    I use the bath oil, wash and cream. Mostly for the dry skin, the eczema that my girl had on face is completely gone. Thank god.
    You have all been a great help.
    I was going to try the moo goo/ goats milk but the lavender was a big no. I'll stick to QV. Dermaveen was another option.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,709
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked
    636
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The moo goo I used on dd didnt have lavender. I have since changed to qv and rely on diet changes as some foods trigger hers

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,709
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked
    636
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also tried oats in a stocking in her bath which helped her skin

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,040
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked
    1,925
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I also tried oats in a stocking in her bath which helped her skin
    I do this also. I use Castile soap to wash his hair every 2 days also. The oat milk is so soothing.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    22
    Reviews
    0
    I would stick to QV. It's all that is recommended and works on my DS2. We stay away from natural products too generally.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    I'm due in May and decided to use either QV bath oil or Dermaveen on bub, obviously I dnt know if bub will have eczema but I have had it on and off since birth. It can be over my face (eye, neck), right palm just horrid! I've done everything to try and get rid of it creams, steroid creams, every natural product under the sun (and I love natural!) however, I react badly to natural products and have found that my eczema will flare up even worse. The only product which has completely rid my eczema completely is Dermaveen (colloidal Oatmeal). So considering I will be bathing bub I will be sticking to Dermaveen or QV bath oil as that wasn't too bad.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked
    337
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundle of joy View Post
    I'm due in May and decided to use either QV bath oil or Dermaveen on bub, obviously I dnt know if bub will have eczema but I have had it on and off since birth. It can be over my face (eye, neck), right palm just horrid! I've done everything to try and get rid of it creams, steroid creams, every natural product under the sun (and I love natural!) however, I react badly to natural products and have found that my eczema will flare up even worse. The only product which has completely rid my eczema completely is Dermaveen (colloidal Oatmeal). So considering I will be bathing bub I will be sticking to Dermaveen or QV bath oil as that wasn't too bad.
    All the best to you and for your little bundle of joy coming up.
    I've been using QV products on the kids and I'm happy with them atm.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanks
    1,829
    Thanked
    855
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default QV users for dry skin please

    QV is by far the best and I speak from over 30 years experience in trying absolutely every cream, lotion and potion under the sun. The wash and cream are the only things I'll use. Natural products are horrendous on my skin. The strong scents and perfumes are a killer. Out of three children only my youngest is sensitive and QV is perfect for him. To get the nice smelling stuff you have to sacrifice the skin and put up with flare ups. Not worth it for me! I've been hospitalised because of my eczema as well as placed on immunosuppressant drugs. Nasty stuff 😫


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-03-2014, 23:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!