+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    It is not perfumed. It contains lavender oil as an ingredient. Hence the smell.
    The lavender oil can irritate the skin of a child with eczema. I agree about steering away from 'natural' products. They can be quite potent and there are a lot of things for sensitive skin to react to. Both me and my children (We all have very sensitive skin) find the 'natural' products are the absolute worst thing for our skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    The lavender oil can irritate the skin of a child with eczema. I agree about steering away from 'natural' products. They can be quite potent and there are a lot of things for sensitive skin to react to. Both me and my children (We all have very sensitive skin) find the 'natural' products are the absolute worst thing for our skin.
    Interesting. I have the opposite approach. We use natural and it does well for us. I guess it all depends on your child's particular triggers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked in a pharmacy and I swore by the qv, but I think it's different when it's your own, by all means I love QV, (I used to love doing the window display for it and hay fever, cold and flu) anyway.....miss those days sometimes. It's just the scent that I'm not in love with, I would hate for people to think I don't clean my kids.
    I use the bath oil, wash and cream. Mostly for the dry skin, the eczema that my girl had on face is completely gone. Thank god.
    You have all been a great help.
    I was going to try the moo goo/ goats milk but the lavender was a big no. I'll stick to QV. Dermaveen was another option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The moo goo I used on dd didnt have lavender. I have since changed to qv and rely on diet changes as some foods trigger hers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also tried oats in a stocking in her bath which helped her skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I also tried oats in a stocking in her bath which helped her skin
    I do this also. I use Castile soap to wash his hair every 2 days also. The oat milk is so soothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would stick to QV. It's all that is recommended and works on my DS2. We stay away from natural products too generally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due in May and decided to use either QV bath oil or Dermaveen on bub, obviously I dnt know if bub will have eczema but I have had it on and off since birth. It can be over my face (eye, neck), right palm just horrid! I've done everything to try and get rid of it creams, steroid creams, every natural product under the sun (and I love natural!) however, I react badly to natural products and have found that my eczema will flare up even worse. The only product which has completely rid my eczema completely is Dermaveen (colloidal Oatmeal). So considering I will be bathing bub I will be sticking to Dermaveen or QV bath oil as that wasn't too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundle of joy View Post
    I'm due in May and decided to use either QV bath oil or Dermaveen on bub, obviously I dnt know if bub will have eczema but I have had it on and off since birth. It can be over my face (eye, neck), right palm just horrid! I've done everything to try and get rid of it creams, steroid creams, every natural product under the sun (and I love natural!) however, I react badly to natural products and have found that my eczema will flare up even worse. The only product which has completely rid my eczema completely is Dermaveen (colloidal Oatmeal). So considering I will be bathing bub I will be sticking to Dermaveen or QV bath oil as that wasn't too bad.
    All the best to you and for your little bundle of joy coming up.
    I've been using QV products on the kids and I'm happy with them atm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default QV users for dry skin please

QV is by far the best and I speak from over 30 years experience in trying absolutely every cream, lotion and potion under the sun. The wash and cream are the only things I'll use. Natural products are horrendous on my skin. The strong scents and perfumes are a killer. Out of three children only my youngest is sensitive and QV is perfect for him. To get the nice smelling stuff you have to sacrifice the skin and put up with flare ups. Not worth it for me! I've been hospitalised because of my eczema as well as placed on immunosuppressant drugs. Nasty stuff 😫