Closed Thread
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah the nurse who does my Intralipids said that the Gestone would have been 'masking' my morning sickness - hence why I was just getting nausea. I'm now on maxalon to give some relief but also have a script for something stronger if I can't keep them down...

I got my results yesterday at the scan. They have a policy of telling you before you leave to avoid any worry or stress. They all came back with 1:20,000 risk factor so very pleased ...

Unfortunately my OB is one of just a handful who still weigh 😩 so no hiding when you've had a big pub lunch just before your appointment 😳... (In my defence it was the first meal I kept down in days thanks to the maxalon).
    The only negative from yesterday is that it seems my thyroid has decided to go on holiday - blood test for OB showed 'impaired function'...
    He is Playing a 'wait n see' approach as he said sometimes that happens and it corrects itself by 20 weeks. Fx I don't have to take medication.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

KMP  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1:20000 is the lowest possible.

Same for me. Helps a little but still doesn't mean everything is fine. I always drop the 'there's no test for ASD' and then they have to admit that's true.

Hoping the sickness settles soon. My worst weeks were 9 and 10 then probably around 13. I have the odd pseudo spew alert sporadically.....just to remind me.

I had Ondansetron left over from when Dad had chemo so I've used that a handful of times for nausea. Oh the joys of what we signed up for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP - yes I read a few posts about EDSA being slow to respond to email. It certainly doesn't help with our anxiety levels!!! I just want to *KNOW* whether my new donor is an option or not.

I will email her once every 24 hours until she responds.... which feels like I'm harassing her but I can't to move on to anything else until this chapter is closed.

Surely some of you ladies must be as obsessive as I am - I can't focus on anything else until everything is confirmed!

Thanks all,
    Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to ask - do all agencies ask you to write a letter to your donor?

Because I am totally obsessive I have pretty much finished the letter to the donor already, but am just wondering if EDSA request this step.

Thanks
    Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Kay, why don't you ring her? Will cut out much waiting. Yes we did write a letter, we were with ababySA, if I were a donor I'd like to know the kind of couple who would be receiving my eggs. I found it quite cathartic to write to her.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (23-04-2015),mardicharli  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski - yes great idea! I rang her and left a message and my phone number, so let's see. If she is the Lab Director at CFC then I completely understand her delay in answering (effectively she has 2 jobs!), however it's still frustrating.

I see you are FET in June, I will just miss you as I'm hoping for July-ish.

I'm just wallowing in frustration overall because I pulled my hamstring yesterday, so my normal outlet of running is suddenly not available to me and it's like I don't know what to do with myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay, I used EDSA and they don't ask you to write a letter. I did give her a gift and a card with a feartfelt note in it.
    I generally found email responses could take up to 2 days but most of the time they were the next day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is the lab director....look at the names. Do a Google Search. It's clear....and I would believe CFC own both.

AbabySA email back and forth and got things sorted immediately for me. There was no delays at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP, I'm on Prednisilone which makes you eat like a horse and gives you moon face making me look like I've put on about 10kgs.
    In saying that I've only put on 2kgs since before SA. I had put on 3 but lost a kilo in the ladt couple of weeks.
    I blew up at 6wks and haven't really grown since then although my whole torso and stomach look bigger, I put thay down to Pred and gestone. Some days my stomach is bigger and harder than others.

Kay, with EDSA I found if they didn't reply within 24hrs, it was 48hrs. I had no issues with them at all and sometimes someone else would email me but that may have been to do with sperm donor not egg donor.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and by the way I'm short ans solid so I'm going to look like a beached whale when I start showing! You know being one of those that puts on weight all over!