Closed Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Had a bit of a shock yesterday when I found out my intended donor is pregnant!! The agency (sunshine) have been great, providing me with other possible donors and offering a full refund if I find a donor through another agency.

Good news is that I have found someone that I like maybe even better - this one through EDSA. I am waiting to get a more detailed profile sent to me from Kimenthra, so fingers crossed that she still interests me once I see more information.

I thought I was taking this whole process in my stride, but must admit that I feel exhausted and fragile - I guess it's the emotional impact of this news.

Hope you all are doing great,
    Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kay2015, I found picking a donor the most hardest thing I've dealt with in everything I've done in IVF. Once you have a donor locked in its plain sailing from that point on.
    Sounds promising with new new donor, maybe it was meant to be.
    Hang in there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @leyshoja -sorry I was feeding before so trying to respond on my phone, check out skyscanner and singapore airlines - it's showing $1980 return - also South African Airways they are $1092pp each way at the moment ... I'm searching May/June/July you'll find prices kind of go down about 5 weeks out. And you won't be able to book anything until around then anyway most of the time until you get your plan confirmed from CFC
    Also you can find very nice guest houses for approx $80 per night...so no need to stay in hotels
    approx breakdown of costs
    Cycle $5800
    Flights $4000
    Accommodation $1200
    Donor agency - average $1600 - 2k
    plus spending (depends on your lifestyle but you could get by on $100 per day) $1400
    so you're looking at around $14k

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Miss Sagi - yes, I hope it was meant to be, as I very much like my new choice of donor! Seems that EDSA is a bit slow to respond to email so I'm obsessively checking every 5 minutes ...

I just wish I could fast forward and be in your shoes right now, with a confirmed pregnancy and much of the anxiety behind me. But I know that it will happen, I just have to trust the process and go with the flow.

Enjoy those twins! Amazing that you are walking around with 3 heartbeats and 60 fingers & toes between you!
    Kay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh Kay I feel for you - any hiccup after choosing a donor really throws you. Glad to hear you've found a new donor - hang in there it will be worth it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kay EDSA were hopeless at answering emails (because Kimenthra is in charge of lab at CFC) and the 'availability' on EDSA was 3-4 months out from the information they initially gave. Which for me was hopeless.

Meaning that although the spreadsheet stated availability the 'real' availability after speaking to the donor was a different story.

Good luck....the hardest and most frustrating part.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    Thanks Miss Sagi - yes, I hope it was meant to be, as I very much like my new choice of donor! Seems that EDSA is a bit slow to respond to email so I'm obsessively checking every 5 minutes ...

I just wish I could fast forward and be in your shoes right now, with a confirmed pregnancy and much of the anxiety behind me. But I know that it will happen, I just have to trust the process and go with the flow.

Enjoy those twins! Amazing that you are walking around with 3 heartbeats and 60 fingers & toes between you!
    Kay
    Yes, I never thought of it like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all.....just a question...have the twin pregnancy people 'popped' yet?

Wondering when it may be obvious I'm expecting and not just looking like I'm 'packing on the pounds'.

I saw a picture of myself with our running group last night (I walk) and I look like a porky pie. Short and dumpy. It will be a blessing to finally look preggers but I'm unsure when that will be.

Until then....I'm the one that's stopped running and got a bit fat. I'm not coping being unable to wear any of my sports shirts because I've probably gone from 10-12 top to 16.......and to think I may line up for number 2 😮

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Hey all.....just a question...have the twin pregnancy people 'popped' yet?

Wondering when it may be obvious I'm expecting and not just looking like I'm 'packing on the pounds'.

I saw a picture of myself with our running group last night (I walk) and I look like a porky pie. Short and dumpy. It will be a blessing to finally look preggers but I'm unsure when that will be.

Until then....I'm the one that's stopped running and got a bit fat. I'm not coping being unable to wear any of my sports shirts because I've probably gone from 10-12 top to 16.......and to think I may line up for number 2 😮
    KMP - at 13 weeks today I start my day looking like I ate one too many hot cross buns but still fitting in my 'normal' work pants.
    I 'pop' by lunchtime when I have to shuffle my waistband below my belly. This is usually when I am reminded that I REALLY need to find some appropriate maternity work pants (which is proving very difficult !)

By about 4-5pm (after work) there is no pretending, belly gets quite firm...😳 and the buttons are definitely undone.

We had our OB appointment yesterday and I have only put on 1.5kg for the pregnancy so far... Which considering all the carbs I have been eating to quell the nausea is pretty amazing! In saying that full blown morning sickness has kicked in so a lot hasn't been staying down particularly in the last week.😷

We also has our NT scan yesterday were we saw two lovely heartbeats ... The sonographer had to poke and prod the babies as they were both asleep to get all the necessary measurements. The funny moment being when one kicked the other to 'help' wake it up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky.....morning sickness just starting....oh dear. Sibling rivalry started already. It's so funny when they're moving about on the scan. Amazing to see them so healthy now for sure. When will you get your results?

I think I've put on more now 17 weeks but my OB does not weigh me. Does it by sight....and I'd cry if I knew what I weigh now compared with before IVF in general. My extensive wardrobe is now whittled down to a couple pairs of genie pants (from Flower) which have a large elastic part that can sit up high, a couple of skirts and as it gets cooler, some layer dresses. Still dressing to hide it while I can. There's no way my trousers fit any more but I pray they will again one day.

Lincraft had a 40% off sale on the weekend so I picked up a maternity pants pattern and some thinner stretch denim. I'm going to give them a try. If they're good I'll just whip up a couple more options.