Closed Thread
Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Blinky You must be so excited. What wonderful news!

And thanks for all the tips!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi ladies, hope it's ok to pop in. Sorry to interrupt. Just dipping my toe in the DE water. A few questions if it's ok (I'm sure they've already been asked but I have no idea where to look).
    1. Has anyone done a cycle in SA using donor eggs & donor sperm (do they even have this as an option?)
    2. Does anyone know what sort of budget we would be looking at including flights & accommodation etc, or is this a silly question?
    3. Is there more than one SA clinic, or a main one everyone uses?
    4. Does the clinic have a bmi limit?

DH has a zero sperm count & I'm nearly 42. We had a failed cycle last year (zero fert) & am thinking that DE may be an option for us. Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    Hi ladies, hope it's ok to pop in. Sorry to interrupt. Just dipping my toe in the DE water. A few questions if it's ok (I'm sure they've already been asked but I have no idea where to look).
    1. Has anyone done a cycle in SA using donor eggs & donor sperm (do they even have this as an option?)
    2. Does anyone know what sort of budget we would be looking at including flights & accommodation etc, or is this a silly question?
    3. Is there more than one SA clinic, or a main one everyone uses?
    4. Does the clinic have a bmi limit?

DH has a zero sperm count & I'm nearly 42. We had a failed cycle last year (zero fert) & am thinking that DE may be an option for us. Thanks everyone.
    Hi Ertgirl
    hope you're going well.
    I'll attempt to answer what I can

1. Has anyone done a cycle in SA using donor eggs & donor sperm (do they even have this as an option?- Yes - it is able to be done - I haven't used DS but others on here have and some have used double donors at Cape Fertility Clinic
    Approx break down of costs (bear in mind these will change with exchange rates and yearly fee increases etc.). The amounts below are from 2014 they may have had a price increase. Best to contact Cape Fertility Clinic directly and they can send you an info pack with all current prices. I just lifted this info from my blog so forgive the cut and paste

Fertility Clinic fees for donor cycle $ 5876.000 AUD give or take.
    This total includes embryo freezing and storage for 12 months – I’m being positive here! ($323 AUD) and Sperm Sample Freeze for 12 months – in case I have to go back alone for another cycle ($122 AUD) – I’m being negative here!

On top of these costs you have your donor agency fee and miscellaneous fees for medications before you travel approx. $300 AUD this includes the Synarel, Estrogen tablets etc. that are required while syncing my cycle with the donor. Not to mention flights/accommodation for 12 days. I just booked flights and accommodation alst night for $1500 return and 7 nights accommodation in 4 star for $1400 - you can get a very safe self contained cottage for around $80-100 Aud though and really cut costs.
    Our last trip with all my meds, appointments, flights/accom, spending money and eating out/eating well etc. it cost us approx 14k . I reckon budgeting well you could do it for 10-11k.

3. Is there more than one SA clinic, or a main one everyone uses?Cape Fertility in Cape Town is the one everyone here uses mainly - they are very good and used to international patients and Cape Town is a great holiday spot and cheap once you're there. Some others have used Medifem in J'burg but only a couple, I can only recall one bad experience from them... but I'd be inclined to suggest CFC - they are very good and have a back up egg bank program should you get all that way and get no eggs from your donor etc.
    4. Does the clinic have a bmi limit? Not that I'm aware of - I'm overweight - 160cms and was 103kgs doing my cycle where I got my positive result.

HOpe that helps.
    Em x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ERT girl

Donor egg and donor sperm is about $7000AUD.

Plus you have embryo freezing, donor agency and drug fees. The fees come on your first enquiry to CFC.

I used double donor. It was a very simplistic procedure and fortunately it all worked for me first attempt.

My accommodation for 10 nights was $1700 peak New Year period. Food was very cheap compared with Australia.

As far as BMI goes I think you should speak to your doctor. I'm not sure how it affects donor cycles.

Best wishes in planning yhis amazing new adventure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi – Those numbers are looking GREAT . Am sure the third beta will be just as good.You must be on cloud 9. Re POAS, amgoing to wait for the BT .

Annabelle – Congrats on being PUPO . Wishingyou a great fertilisation report.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Miss Sagi and Blinky on your BFPs that is fantastic news.

AFM I'm waiting to hear back from Dr W re my shortlist of donors. Hoping to pick one soon.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (19-02-2015),KMP  (20-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations both Miss Sagi and Blinky on your fabulous BFP! So thrilled for you both.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-02-2015),KMP  (20-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's bunker down day here in Queensland. Dismal and very wet. Stay safe anyone else who is suffering today.

AFM got called into doctor first thing before weather worsened. Measuring a little behind but very strong HR. I'm not particularly concerned. I'll review in 3 weeks. Happy I got to visit my Grandma this morning to wish her well for her 101st birthday, before it started bucketing down. I did tell her she'll be a great grandma again, but something tells me that secret is very safe 😉. Thoughts are with everyone in the line of this cyclone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second BT results are in..
    HCG have doubled in 48hours at 389 and progesterone has dropped to 42..
    Wondering if maybe I should bump my progesterone a little with some crinone...???

Feeling relieved today despite the miserable wet weather..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoohoo Blinky, great news. I would definitely be bumping up the progesterone. Do you need a third blood test? Had mine this morning just waiting for results.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (20-02-2015)