Closed Thread
Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Luca, where did you go on safari and would you recommend it. I know a great place near Kruger but my DH is nervous about hitting a malarial zone even though its winter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - we too were worried about malaria zone so didn't look at Kruger & we went in Winter too. So we went to Sanbona on safari which is about a 2 hour drive from CT. It was such an amazing experience & just made our holiday so special. Because like you we wanted to have an amazing holiday & if I got pregnant that was a bonus.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-04-2015),KLM0511  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Luca, that does sound nice. Was it the Waterfront Village that you stayed at ? I'm all for pinching someone else's recommendation on a great place to stay What was the actual waterfront like - hotels etc ? Would it be worth considering staying there for a portion of it also ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Luca - the first time we went we booked an apartment in the CBD via AirBnB. It was great to have the extras like a washing machine etc. and we loved the city vibe but some might be scared off the confronting street life.

The second time we stayed at a 'boutique hotel' at Sea Point. (Atlantic Affair).
    It didn't have a restaurant as part of the complex but there was a great cafe just 20m away that became our 'local' for breakfast - food was fabulous (and cheap). They had a same day laundry service which was very cheap ($9 AUD a full load).

By being at Seapoint we were close to the V & A and we also could take walks along the sea promenade. We found in Sea Point there was a great local vibe with plenty of restaurants, shops and Cafes. (All cheaper than the V & A)

The best breakfast we had while in SA was definitely at Spier hotel @ Stellenbosch. (We stayed here on both our trips because we loved it there so much).
    On our first trip we did a 2 day Safari at Inverdoorn. It was an amazing experience. Totally recommend it!
    Last edited by Blinky76; 21-04-2015 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Thanks @Luca, that does sound nice. Was it the Waterfront Village that you stayed at ? I'm all for pinching someone else's recommendation on a great place to stay What was the actual waterfront like - hotels etc ? Would it be worth considering staying there for a portion of it also ?
    Hi Leyshoja - we stayed at Mountain Marina at The Waterfront. It is a large complex of apartments. Very cosmopolitan & very safe. It is amongst everything & quite touristy but that suited as as we wanted to feel like we were on hols. The apartments are closed off so only residents get in the complex. We had lovely views of the harbour too. We cooked at home about half the time as there is such an abundance of good quality restaurants around. We were eating like royalty & could afford 5 star eating as it so much cheaper over there. We did day trips to Franschoek, Stellanbosch etc as we still had our hire car. We just loved it. Good luck with your planning - so exciting!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi Leyshoja - we stayed at Mountain Marina at The Waterfront. It is a large complex of apartments. Very cosmopolitan & very safe. It is amongst everything & quite touristy but that suited as as we wanted to feel like we were on hols. The apartments are closed off so only residents get in the complex. We had lovely views of the harbour too. We cooked at home about half the time as there is such an abundance of good quality restaurants around. We were eating like royalty & could afford 5 star eating as it so much cheaper over there. We did day trips to Franschoek, Stellanbosch etc as we still had our hire car. We just loved it. Good luck with your planning - so exciting!
    Thanks @Luca - not quite as exciting as YOUR life right now - you must be getting excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Thanks @Luca - not quite as exciting as YOUR life right now - you must be getting excited.
    Yes not many sleeps to go. We're excited & anxious & nervous all at once. After over 5 years of TTC our baby will finally be here & I know everything we have been through will be worth it. I know you have been through a hard time & I feel sure you will get your bubba through SA (& have a great hol too).

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-04-2015),mardicharli  (21-04-2015),Patsy73  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 I think you gave a figure a while ago of the whole trip to SA including the ivf as around $12000 ? It seems that flights will be $5000 to $6000, and the IVF including donor will be around $7000? Have I stuffed something up cos i reckon it's going to be around $15000?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    When are you planning on going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's a lot for flights - I got $1500 return.
    Our fresh cycle was all up around $14k staying 2 weeks at the Vineyard that was March (shoulder season). You could shave $1k off that by staying at a guesthouse
    Last edited by emski72; 22-04-2015 at 17:33.