Closed Thread
Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I had no real issues with synarel either. I get migraines with most meds and had a couple on it but no worse than normal. Crinone makes me a crazy mood swing woman but that's pretty normal too. Synarel is an easy choice for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased the depot injection from Fertility2u in England. Get your FS to fax/email your script to them and they post it over. It ended up costing around $300 all up as they need to rewrite the script for you, but I loved the idea of a once off injection as opposed to remembering to take daily meds, with time zone changes as you fly to SA as well as keeping it cool. Do allow at least 3 weeks for ordering though, or pay the extra for express postage as mine ended up taking over the 7-10 business days quoted on their website and I was in a huge panic. They were lovely and offered to refunded my money in full. Thankfully it arrived the day before I needed it.
    I was afraid of the Syranel as I have sinus probs and thought I would always be wondering if I got enough in each dose, and what to do if you sneezed etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update from me. I had a scan today following the bleed on Monday and unfortunately it showed the gestational sack was empty, so the bleeding I had was a miscarriage. I am racking my brain as to what could have gone wrong. We've had so many disappointments I wasn't surprised by the results. It's become part of my life now to get bad news re a baby. Will deal with our loss as best I can and start looking at doing a FET as soon as CFC gives us the green light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Faith so sorry to hear your news xx (have sent you a PM) be Kind to yourself x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    In my experience, and maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, but I guess I was lucky, Synarel was no different to me than using a nasal spray for a stuffed up nose. I would only taste it for a few seconds and sometimes not at all. It didn't change my mood, or give me headaches. (Oh maybe one of two I guess but not constant). But luckily again for me none of the fertility drugs have really changed my moods. I am pretty laid back in general though so that might help. Plus the convenience of just chucking it in my handbag was great.
    I was the same - an occasional headache and the horrible taste but I find it the easiest because I travel a lot for work. I found if I sucked on a peppermint after taking it, that would distract from the foul taste. (It doesn't last for long. )

The only meds I have ever had mood swings on was clomid (way back when....)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith such sad news. Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Mardi charli I agree with you... if I had known I'd have got the depot from OS as I am hopeless with regular meds and timings etc. I can't even remember a multivitamin each day. A one off injection is a dream.....and CFC dosed synarel 4 times what I had used previously which also scared me. I can taste it while I write this one year on. I've heard many people complain about Synarel....I'm not alone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith such sad news - so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, I am so sorry to hear your news. Hugs to your broken heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, my heart goes out to you. So so sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you looking ahead at going back to SA. Hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mardicharli View Post
    I purchased the depot injection from Fertility2u in England. Get your FS to fax/email your script to them and they post it over. It ended up costing around $300 all up as they need to rewrite the script for you, but I loved the idea of a once off injection as opposed to remembering to take daily meds, with time zone changes as you fly to SA as well as keeping it cool. Do allow at least 3 weeks for ordering though, or pay the extra for express postage as mine ended up taking over the 7-10 business days quoted on their website and I was in a huge panic. They were lovely and offered to refunded my money in full. Thankfully it arrived the day before I needed it.
    I was afraid of the Syranel as I have sinus probs and thought I would always be wondering if I got enough in each dose, and what to do if you sneezed etc..
    I've also received my depot injection and progynova tablets and got these through the international pharmacy. Both of these things from memory cost nearly $1,000 but I just really liked the idea of a once off injection.

Can I ask did you give the injection to yourself in the stomach. I am not stranger to doing my injections myself but I will make an appointment at my GP I think do this one for me as I'm scared I will stuff it up.