Closed Thread
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Canuck1, thats great news.
    I think Gestone does make a huge difference, for me the pessaries and crinone have never obsorbed. After my first 2 shots of gestone i found them easy to do....find your bruises, point and stab.
    @pinkshootingstar, I'm so glad you have a plan...its what keeps us going. You go girl! 😊
    On the reproductive immune thread there is a lady in Perth who has intralipids over there if you need them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck1 oh my god what a rollercoaster. So glad that everything has worked out for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck: Your latest post brought tears to my eyes! Go the Dude/Dudette. Now rest up, and get better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, cheering on Canuck and dude/tte!!! You have a fighter on board!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck - Wow,what a relief.... Absolutely happy for you. Now rest up and get better soon. It's always great to hear positive stories..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful1975 View Post
    I remember a while back someone used both donor and DH sperm and then had to make the choice between which ones to put back.

Does anyone know if its possible to put one back of donor sperm and one of your own sperm - a sort of blast roulette?

CFC is saying that as DH is showing no normal sperm, I can have a back up donor. DH's sperm did work in last five ICSIs - but all BFNs which I put down to my eggs.

anyway, any thoughts always useful
    Hopeful that's was us! We asked the same question thinking it was like a 'bet each way'. Unfortunately South African legislation prevents this choice. You can do a 50/50 split of your donor eggs with your DH and a donor (so for us we inseminated 10 eggs with DH and 10 with donor sperm).
    At day 5 we had to make the choice which batch to choose to transfer from. (All resulting embryos are still considered yours).
    You do get to leave that decision until the just before tx to ensure you can pick the best quality embryos.
    For us, on the day DH's batch appeared the best so we used these. We did wonder if we made the right choice when no more of his batch made it to freeze but at 12 weeks today with twins... We got our answer.

We now have 5 frosties but they are all our double donor ones. At least if we go back for another try later we know they will be half siblings which we are fine with☺️

Canuck what great news !!
    Last edited by Blinky76; 15-04-2015 at 18:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Canuck what a roller coaster ride for you! I am so happy that the dudette has pulled through!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Canuck! OMG that is awesome news! So happy for you!! Yay

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck - I don't visit the thread daily, so I read your heartbreak and your good news all in one sitting. One moment I was blinking back tears, and the next I was grinning like an idiot. I'm very happy for you.

PSS - Glad to see you back on the boards. I'm very impressed with how you pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get back in the game.

All - I have a timing question. I now have an additional business trip, plus a family member has just announced her wedding (8 timezones away), both right when I wanted to go to SA. So I'm trying to work out my options. How is the timing determined? For example, do you just choose a date (August 15th) and then work backwards from that? Or do you know the anticipated date of the donor's period, and then estimate the date from there?

Also, how long will I need to be at home (meaning near my FS) before I go to SA? In other words, I know I can't fly to SA directly from a 2 week business trip because I will need scans/meds from my FS, but how long do I need to be at home for that?

Thanks everyone! Am frustrated with all these other commitments popping up but will find a way.
    Kay
    Last edited by Kay2015; 16-04-2015 at 01:29.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post

All - I have a timing question. I now have an additional business trip, plus a family member has just announced her wedding (8 timezones away), both right when I wanted to go to SA. So I'm trying to work out my options. How is the timing determined? For example, do you just choose a date (August 15th) and then work backwards from that? Or do you know the anticipated date of the donor's period, and then estimate the date from there?

Also, how long will I need to be at home (meaning near my FS) before I go to SA? In other words, I know I can't fly to SA directly from a 2 week business trip because I will need scans/meds from my FS, but how long do I need to be at home for that?

Thanks everyone! Am frustrated with all these other commitments popping up but will find a way.
    Kay
    Kay - the timing of cycles in pretty basic and easy. Essentially you give a start date of when you would like to be in SA. (Knowing you have to be in Cape Town for at least 12 days).

So many in our case we told them we wanted to be there from the 28th January. This became the date of our first appointment. SA then work out medication timings/cycles backwards from there. Be mindful however that sometimes EPU can be delayed by a few days depending on how your donor is going. (Ours was delayed by 5 days).

SA don't actually require you to have a scan in the days leading up to your time there. (With the exception of your initial testing)
    They do a scan on your first appointment. Some ladies choose to have one done before they fly out more for piece of mind if they have had lining issues in the past.

As for medication - you progressively start it in the month leading up to your time in SA. Depending on what type you choose (Lucrin vs Synarel etc) as to how easy it would be to keep while travelling. I travel a bit for work myself, so decided to use synarel as I knew I could pack it without constantly needing refrigeration. Alternatively you could use a depot injection. The other medication is just tablets so it's pretty easy to pack.

I imagine if your organised - you could have the medication on hand ready and take it with you, so that 'technically' you could go straight from your business trip or wedding to SA, if that is what works best for you timing wise..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (22-04-2015)