Closed Thread
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Faith, you shoyld call your OB and let them know. They can do another scan. All bleeds this year have been SH so I'm sure yours is as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore don't fly direct to Cape Town any more....well I see that you can go via Jo burg. They used to fly direct.

I don't see the point compared with Emirates though....cape town-dxb-bne.
    Last edited by KMP; 13-04-2015 at 19:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Devaki - sorry to hear that you have been quite unwell. I can imagine you would be so over all the drugs you have to take.

Miss Sagi. That was good that they told you as much as they did today but you'll be looking forward to getting the proper results tomorrow. I'll have to read up on all these tests as I'm unsure what they all are.

Faith, I hope all works out ok regarding your bleed. Hope you manage to get in for a scan real soon. Will be thinking of you and fingers crossed it is similar to what the other girls had which turned out to be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Imij - my 5c worth

I fly Sydney-Jo'burg-Cape Town via Qantas which is a 14 hour flight (12 hours return) and I am very happy with it. I struggle with flying Emirates despite it being cheaper, because the flight is 11 hours longer going via Dubai. Becaue I am just booking my own flights I did a quick check and the extra Brisbane-Sydney leg on the same flight is a 6.30am Brisbane/Sydney flight to catch the 9.50am with the total cost under $2200 and total 21.5hours. If Emerites do a direct fluight from Brisbane it may not be much longer but for the cheaper ticket - check it out.

I haven't flown SAA for the long haul segment but I have flown them Jo'burg to Cape Town ad BA the same leg. SAA is by far my first choice as the crew are fun, friendly and loud and the BA crew are well, British and far more formal.

I agree with you both on confort of economy and the cost of Business ! I try to fly the cheapest discout economy flight over and then fly Premium Economy back (or at least get an ecomony ticket that allows me to upgrade to PE). Then I lodge my upgrade requests for both Business and PE and cross my fingers. I think PE is well worth a few hundred more (not sure when it gets to $1000 more !) to make the flight home as nice and relaxing as it can be (if you haven't scored a Business flat seat !) To do a mixed class ticket, you need to call the airline or use a travel agent - it is near impossible to organise it online.

Re accom: I like self contained cottages and find them both cheaper and bigger than the hotels and BB but of course, it also means there is no cooked breakfast or concierge to help out if you need it. The ones I have stayed in have been in Constantia (the wine area 10 mins drive from CFC) and were between A$90 - 110 per night. You can get quite cheap accom closer into the city (down to about $60 per night) but if you don't have a car, you may find the added taxi/transport costs to/from CFC outweigh the savings.

I am lazy and also get a car from the airport which is fairly cheap ($20-25 a day) and find Cape Town easy to drive in so I don't worry about transfers etc.

Also, I have never told anyone what I was doing in CT - I always say I have 'some appointments' that I have built a holiday around - depending on how long you are there. I have never had to go any further than that and to be honest, i don't actually want everyone to know what I am doing there ..... not because I am embarrassed/worried but simply so I don't have to talk about it to strangers or have anyone fussing over me... but i m like that in the rest of my life too so it is pretty normal for me.

Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, I do hope that the bleeding has stopped and your scan shows nothing serious.

Congratulations on the scan KLM.

Devaki, sorry about the infection. It's hard when you can't take anything and will pick up everything under the sun.

Miss Sagi, what a difference. Dr. Wiswedel and my doctor here both said that chromosomal risks were much less than would be expected. I hope that is some consolation.

Blinky, nausea seems to be a mixed blessing. At least you know things are developing.

AFM, I have campylobacter and am on azithromicin. I am really concerned that the dehydration and churning of the insides have ditched my chance. Knowing what I have (it causes miscarriage) and the drugs which both my pharmacist and doctor assure me are safe for pregnancy has added fuel to the fire. On the plus side, I have been working from home and able to relax a bit more than I would otherwise.

Anyways, here's hoping that the dude abides (I've nicknamed the baby 'the dude').

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (14-04-2015),Devaki  (14-04-2015),faith15  (14-04-2015),KLM0511  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Good grief Canuck Campylobacter! I wonder were you got that from - I know sometimes reassuring to have a name and reason for your illness but very stressful time to have it bet your dude or dudette is hanging on in there!

Miss Sagi and faith thinking of you both. Stresses of getting pregnant are then replaced with other stresses .....

Devaki - doesn't sound like a 'blooming' time yet - hope it is soon!
    Last edited by crabby; 14-04-2015 at 13:10.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (14-04-2015),faith15  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby, the dude is out . Just poas, and nothing. I am devastated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Canuck God I don't know what to say - I've never even heard of that and had to google. I'm so sorry xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no Canuck i am so sorry. i wish i could give you a hug.
    it was a lot for you body to contend with the Campylobacter as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck, I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you had any bleeding? Maybe it was just a dodgy test?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015)