Closed Thread
Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Emirates is relatively direct (maybe) with stop in dubai then direct to Cape Town. If you go by SAA (or Qantas) you would need to change in J'burg.

I know Emirates is a longer way round but you get dropped at the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi imij,
    I initially contacted Hedge House for my long stay (it sounds like you are doing frozen embryos) as they were recommended by CFC. Judy from Hedge House was wonderfully helpful and seems to know the CFC routine. No one I spoke with in Cape Town was judgmental about fertility treatments. A few were curious but everyone was very supportive.
    Judy did not have availability so I ended up at Lavender House. http://www.lavenderhousebnb.co.za I would wholeheartedly recommend them. They were compassionate and understanding and such a positive vibe. They gave me the name of someone who for $25 picked me up at the airport (with a sign) and dropped me off at the B&B at 11:00pm. Otherwise I used uber to get around. If you do stay there, just ask Brenda to take you to the Vodacom at Cavendish and you can get a sim card for $10. Both Lavender House and Hedge House are relatively close to CFC.

I enjoyed staying at a B&B because full english breakfast and they were so wonderfully supportive.

Faith from Medical Tourism SA: http://medicaltourismsa.com/about-us/ was quite helpful to me, pinkshootingstar and crabby. She will arrange everything for you (hotels, drivers, tours).

I am so grateful to Brenda from Lavender house that I would love to see her get more business from CFC.

I flew KLM to/from Toronto and would recommend the upgrade to 'comfort class' if the airline you are flying with provides it. I received some complementary upgrades (just drop the words 'medical procedure' it really does help out), and if I go back, I will definitely pay the upgrade. The clexane made me dizzy and short of breath.

Good luck and make sure that you take some time to see Cape Town. It is one gorgeous city.
    Last edited by Canuck1; 13-04-2015 at 09:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You could try molento cottage if they have availability - you'll find that a lot of b&b's and guesthouse s around Claremont etc have business from CFC and they won't bat an eye lid.
    Singapore also fly from bris/sin/cpt yoully find any flight will be long though as basically IS a long way...no getting around that! I flew Singapore last time and that was fine - I'm going SAA this time for something different and I got a good price on tickets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi imij
    stayed at Vineyards, Park inn and spier and vineyards the best - but all bnbs looked lovely nobody batted an eyelid about reason for being there.
    we flew SAA - ok older planes only 2inch recline but lots of empty seats.. personally prefer emirates on an airbus in economy if had a choice again.... (well obviously business - but can't afford)

Also personally if only had two weeks to plan would contact Faith from Medical Tourism SA: http://medicaltourismsa.com/about-us/
    tell her when flight was and which bnb you had booked (she can also help with accommodation) and she would arrange airport pickup and trips to the clinic for you, and also free sim - and then anything else you want to do when there. i was worried about extra cost etc but the options she provided were always cheaper than i could find - and i valued having another personal contact in SA.

best of luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

If your looking for the most direct and easy to manage flight from Brisvegas - my suggestion is the Qantas flight.
    If you want to you can do premium economy which gives you extra legroom and service without the cost of business.

On paper it looks like a lot of hassle but was actually very ******lined and Qantas have transit points etc to make changing from domestic to international very easy to navigate.
    The flight segments go:
    Bris- Syd - Jo'berg - Cape Town.
    Total fly time was like 21 hours.

South African airlines do the code share for the segment Jo'berg - Cape Town. We had no problems.

The other alternates are
    South African airlines which do code share with Virgin.
    It's: Bris - Perth (Virgin) - Jo'berg - Cape Town
    The killer on this is the layover in Perth can be long.

Or as others suggested Emirates (via Dubai) or Singapore (via Singapore) are also options.

Good luck with your planning!
    Last edited by Blinky76; 13-04-2015 at 10:48.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Blinky good news you are doing well and already 11.5 weeks!

AFM, I had my 9 week scan today (I though I was 9 1/2 weeks already but scan brought me back to 9 weeks 1 day. OMG I was so excited as it's the first time I could really make anything out on the screen. Last one was 7 weeks and what a difference 2 weeks makes. It was moving its little arms and legs around like a little wriggler!

Next step is to see my GP to get an OB referral.

Also I won't have to use the progesterone pessaries as I have enough Gestone left. (Lucky I haven't bought any yet as they are so expensive!) 7 more days of daily injections, then every other day till I run out. (I only have about 13 left.) also the Progynova will be reduced as well. So meds till early May and then my body better do what it's supposed to by itself!! Yay for nearing end of injections. My poor but has had enough!
    Last edited by KLM0511; 13-04-2015 at 20:46.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015),crabby  (13-04-2015),KMP  (13-04-2015),mardicharli  (13-04-2015),Patsy73  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re flights...as Blinky said, Qantas had easy connection bris-Syd-jnb-cpt but you do have to take your luggage out in joberg. We actually flew back with Singapore and proffered that, they have cpt-bris flight 3 times a week that only stops down in joberg but you don't have to get off the plane or see your luggage. It was very convenient and the connections were really good too. I suggest looking into SQ fligts too!

AFM - I'm a week behind Blinky , 10.5 today and have my next OB app on Thu. I've had loads of health issues though - bad cough, head cold that caused ear infection and now urinary tract infection So in addition to the compot of pills I now have antibiotics too. I really hope that I can reduce all the pills and continue like any other normal pregnant! The pills/pessaries/injections/pads/gels drive me nuts! Feeling so and so...yucky but not vomiting, at least one good thing hey

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my Nuchal scan today and although I don't officially get the results from my OB until tomorrow, the sonographer went through them with me. One has come back low risk at 1:1200 and the other has come back high risk at 1:299. Such a huge difference when there was less than 1mm difference in measurements of both.

Above and below 1:300 is the line between low and high risk so I'm borderline. Not sure that I'll do further tests, will wait to see what OB says.

PPS, thinking of you, I hope you're doing ok and have done some decision making on what you do next. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

How are you all doing?

KLM– Congrats on your 9 week scan and on seeing your baby move around, that must have been amazing.

Miss Sagi – It’s tough having to wait till tomorrow for results, i hope it will be good news for you.

AFM– I had my 11 week scan last Friday and measurements and heart rate where great. But now i have a major worry. I started spotting late yesterday and i wasn’t too worried. But early this morning when i went to the loo i had brigh tred blood on my tissue when i wiped. I looked in the toilet bowl and it was bright red, and noticed i was dripping blood (sorry tmi), and i also had some blood clots. I am trying hard not to panic but i am REALLY worried. Will monitor the bleeding and am praying it’s just a bleed and nothing more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (14-04-2015),KLM0511  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, as its red you should call your OB straight away so they can do a scan. All bleeds this year have been SH bleeds, which I'm sure yoyrs is too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (13-04-2015)