Closed Thread
Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Wrt donors, I think you have to go with your gut. I am very organised by nature but with this whole experience I learned to relax and go with my gut, and make sensible yet unemotional decisions, and go with the outcome, whatever it may be.
    For me the EDSA donors were looks based with favourite cars and superficial information. As I've mentioned already EDSA is CFC- the CFC lab manager is the contact for EDSA and that is the sole reason they suggest them first.
    I am finding that first point already I have gone through the various sets of donor profiles a few times and keep coming back to a couple. Why? Mostly 'gut' feel.

I'm glad you said that about the donor profiles on EDSA KMP. That was my first impression, too. Very superficial and relatively thin on detailed medical history for both the donor and family. You would think with their links to CFC that they would have profiles built in such a way to greater appeal to prospective parents. But then again, the way those profiles are written must appeal to some; it just seems that this group is more 'detail oriented' than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    They do actually give you an extended profile if you are interested in someone with all that info. The one on their site is just base level

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

If you ask you get a lot more detailed info from EDSA more than one or two of the others - also more clearly laid out than some which I found hard to read by flicking back and forth.
    I found quite a lot of donors comments superficial (either that or a bit holier than though) but then had to think about what I was like at 20 and adjusted my expectations! 😃😃
    In fact only was looking for big turn offs - not what there star sign was, favourite film (at 20 not sure what mine was!), kersey report or hand writing analysis - it's all astrology - anyone can read what ever they want into it.

Also what use is some of the family history a lot of the donor parents are younger than me and really to young to know about parents history of heart or cancer issues - grandparents fair enough - but until we can get the full genetics knowing the parents is best - however one stat that always makes me laugh - 10% of fathers on a birth cert aren't related to the child - some study done a few years ago think on UK - bit like us when we have our babies - just think if we have girls (and boys!forgot the sperm!) and they decide to donate - they can only 'tell the truth' if we tell them!
    😃😃
    Last edited by crabby; 05-04-2015 at 16:41.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-04-2015),Devaki  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always told 30% of fathers are incorrect in paediatrics. One of my old profs most favourite exam questions. Food for thought 😆

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

crabby  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha
    I think someone in previous thread said this (which I am sticking to): donor babies take three people to make them - and from when inside you everything you do, eat, drink and think affects the development - in utero (and after!) - going with nurture mostly with a smattering of nature - well the bits I wanted to pick which is obviously no guarantee at all!!
    😄😄

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-04-2015),pinkshootingstar  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My baby farts like me so there's something to be said for epigenetics ... DH always laughs and tells me I over expressed that one 😉

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (06-04-2015),Canuck1  (05-04-2015),crabby  (05-04-2015),pinkshootingstar  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I have been POAS for the past three mornings and today I had a very very faint positive. I am using dollar store sticks so they may not be as sensitive. My transfer was on Monday, so it is 6dpt for me, I am guessing it may be too early. I never test, so I am finding this somewhat nerve-wracking. Dr. Google came up with this, which jives with my dollar store tests:
    Here's what I've seen for a 5dt:
    -1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
    fetal cells
    6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I am exhausted. I have had a fever for the past day and (TMI) stomach upset (nausea yesterday morning and severe diarrhea since then). Could this impact my results? I am guessing no, but rational thought has gone out the window.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (06-04-2015),mardicharli  (06-04-2015),Miss Sagi  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi Canuck
    Only if drinking lots a diluting your urine a lot will it affect results. ie won't pick up low level bhcg.

Btw - congrats!! Lie back recover has been a hell of a couple of weeks and you have travelled half way across the world no wonder you may have caught a bug! Fortunately no evidence that colds affects what is going on down below.

Just arrived home at 11pm after mammoth trip home also and couldn't resist poas (cheap one) which had faint positive. Will be day 6 post transfer also...

Also worryingly started with faint pink blood mucus discharge and some new cramps sorry if tmi - but would seem to fit with some other peoples experience though...

Ps
    Heparin for the trip - as dr wiswedel said too many times for my liking 😃 because of 'our' age - ouch that hurt miles more than the gestone or did I do it wrong?

Pps
    Progesterone can cause diarrhoea
    Last edited by crabby; 06-04-2015 at 00:50.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-04-2015),mardicharli  (06-04-2015),Miss Sagi  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your faint positives Canuck and Crabby! I have everything crossed that you both see them darken over the next few days. Looks like March could be another great month for the Bub Hub ladies

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmmaJane75 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-04-2015),crabby  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Canuck and Crabby that's sounding really promising 😀 Canuck I hear you about losing all rational thought lol. But no I don't think you tummy upset will impact anything. Hang in there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

crabby  (06-04-2015)