Closed Thread
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it just needs to be positive. Blighted ovum is also a positive pregnancy so not even a heartbeat is required statistically.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

wazbub  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whew! What a marathon! Have now gone through every single post in all the 8 threads.

Have absorbed a lot and made some notes but it was only on (I think) thread #7 when there were a few posts in a row that summarised their recommendations for 'things to do' that I cut and pasted a few things. Might need to go back through and do it in a more comprehensive manner. I think there was a poster on a previous thread who did this and created their own 'bible' of all things DE in SA.

Next step is to sign up with the agencies that I haven't already signed on with so I can see who is out there.

Of course, continuing to hope that this final OE FET works. But if it doesn't I know I will be well informed and supported thanks to you lovely ladies.

Happy Easter and sticky dust to all

sunnygirl

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (03-04-2015),Miss Sagi  (03-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    To be fair I think a lot of agencies (and even clinics here) would consider a positive blood test or a heartbeat at the first scan a positive
    It does pay to cross check with CFC about the donor though to find out as much as you can.
    To add to this our donor that we used this last time, had done two previous cycles (both BFP's) and at the time we picked her neither of those cycles had been long enough to be able to report back on birth outcomes (recips. were still pregnant at the time)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

wazbub  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cathy, hopeful and sunny girl!

Donor agencies - in small print somewhere said success was a bfp not live birth .... my donor like Blinkys I think her positives where still pregnant. Think is why I personally was happy with EDSA anyway as close links to CFC and knew answers more quickly because if you want an agency to tell you results they would have to ask the clinic who has to be told by the recipient the end result - so many steps for misinformation....however the one we picked was first one we saw and would have gone with which ever agency she was with! Noticed at clinic that those not with EDSA where met by the agency person sort of more personal but I didn't mind - did meet kinny after the transfer where she gave me a gift from agency and donor which was a little unexpected.

Miss Sagi no not done any poas yet! Leave SA today and probably will on Monday when home - as can't help myself!

Everything sounding good for everyone!

Hoping are you resting up? Anymore spotting? Are you managing getting blood tests over the easter weekend?

Tried to put on travel trousers and can't fasten them blaming good food and progesterone๐Ÿ˜

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (04-04-2015),Sunnygirl04  (04-04-2015),wazbub  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi

Some tips as mentioned and many same as Canuck and other ladies:

1. If you can meet others here do! It was so much fun and laughing is meant to help! I wasn't sure at first in that stupid reserved way but wish now had met more often!
    2. Use others - again in reserved way (thinking would be taken for a ride) and also used to doing everything myself - refused help from faith/medical tourism - like a free SIM card for my phone - well was cursing that when sent from cavendish square to the waterfront for my special (not) I phone SIM card. Spent basically half a day sorting out. The hotel and transport I did let faith do I found out later was far cheaper than I could get! I would see someone like her as a replacement for 'me' the organiser and if do have to come back would just tell her the dates, what I want to do and let her sort it!
    3. Arrive early - the only real appt you have is the first one and if is your first time here, and first ivf asking questions with jet lag was not easy!!
    4. Uber fantastic!!
    5. Hotels park inn ok if you are out all day - did like the deaf staff and they provide free lifts up to 3km away, spier great for kids - bouncy castle, kids club, pool with noodles a little cool though, children grape tasting x4 massive climbing frames etc
    6. Last but not least the vineyard - we were only there first two nights - my hubbie and boy keep asking can we go back to stay and chase tortoises. Can't describe it but even staff there were happier - still laid back African service but more relaxed. The spa there was out of this world. We will be comparing hotels to it for a long time.....

Sure more will come to me later or just ask pm me๐Ÿ˜„
    Last edited by crabby; 05-04-2015 at 02:43.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-04-2015),Sunnygirl04  (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi Crabby. It had all settled by Friday thanks for asking..took the rest of the week off. I'm fine to get a BT done on Monday but I just don't know if I can get the results that day - normally it would be fine. Was such a shame I didn't get to catch you and PSS when you were there. Hope you had a great time and safe travels home... And most importantly hope your little embies are snuggling in.
    Last edited by Hoping4best; 04-04-2015 at 22:16.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

crabby  (05-04-2015),pinkshootingstar  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky, emski72, crabby, you raise really good points especially that those that got a positive from the donor may still be waiting to have their baby. DH and i discussed it further the other night and decided to wait until we'd heard more details from CFC on the donor before making any final decisions.
    Thanks so much for your support. I'm finding it really comforting that i can come here and vent my frustrations and get such great broad opinions and points of view.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Wazbub you'll find in this process at a couple if points you're going to just have to have a leap of faith and go with your gut. I was super organised and informed and I'm a bit of a control freak but I had to do it too. By all means be informed and organised but sometimes you're just going to have to chance something x

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (05-04-2015),Patsy73  (06-04-2015),wazbub  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd add a tip for opening the prontogest ampoules while I think of it. They had been driving us nuts but this time around we've used a syringe tube over the top of the ampoules and used it to snap the top off and it seems to be working a treat. We did get an ampoule snapper last time but I reckon the syringe is working better than it did.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

crabby  (06-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping make sure your thumb is on the black dot on the ampoule and press away in a controlled manner.

The dot is there to inform you which direction to push to avoid cuts etc.

Wrt donors, I think you have to go with your gut. I am very organised by nature but with this whole experience I learned to relax and go with my gut, and make sensible yet unemotional decisions, and go with the outcome, whatever it may be.

There are so many parameters in any cycle that are out of our control and not necessarily due to the egg donor. Let's face it....we are all in a position to need a donor and have therefore struggled in some way to conceive. Sperm and inherent factors can also affect live birth outcomes. I think we become very concerned and I did not bother to find out any specifics regarding my donor...suffice to say she was proven.

For me the EDSA donors were looks based with favourite cars and superficial information. As I've mentioned already EDSA is CFC- the CFC lab manager is the contact for EDSA and that is the sole reason they suggest them first.

I'm finding it quite amusing having no idea what my baby will end up looking like or what little quirks it may have. A good lesson for me of no control......and watching all the little people in the hotel restaurant over the last few days has been eye opening and somewhat amusing. Happy Easter everyone.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-04-2015),Devaki  (06-04-2015),Sunnygirl04  (05-04-2015)