Closed Thread
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - Your little girl is so gorgeous.... Love those eyes!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously the VISA travel insurance is not enough.

I have had issues trying to use it.

I have filled a passport in less than 10 years and I know for certain that with all of my credit card insurances (AMEX platinum, VISA Gold and Mastercard Platinum) that they will only cover you if every part of the holiday is booked on the card.

I would never trust insurance like that. TID take notice of any other card insurance you have when you claim and then negotiate part payments from your card providers (on your claim you list your credit cards).

I got stuck once thinking I could use my credit card insurance. I had paid for the holiday by bank transfer so nothing was claimable. Flights alone were not enough.

I would not make such a fuss if I had not already been through plenty of international claims before.

With TID I have claimed ruined clothing through washing wool in hot water by laundry service in Peru- all trekking gear replaced 100% cost

Business class flights to fix holiday plans and full reimbursement for Kilimanjaro climb plus phone calls etc after losing passport in Oman

Replacement of Macbook pro and iphone after being stolen by private tour guide in Iguazu.

And probably more over the years. My credit card insurance would never hsve covered any of it. The first item on TID is quite high for camera or laptop and generous for delays etc. You can phone them at any time from any country for assistance.

Be very careful of add on insurance on your credit card. I would be getting directly from them what is or is not covered and how much but never relying on it.
    Last edited by KMP; 25-03-2015 at 17:57.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    She might do a phone consult? Im not entirely sure - are you on immune stuff? I can share my plan with you of so.
    Hi Emski,
    That would be great. I think I'm ok with what I will be doing but just want to check. I will PM you later today if I get a chance if not tomorrow, its going to be a crazy day at work today. Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Hi lisa
    Gym at park inn is tiny - one at vineyards big better equipped than a lot of none hotel gyms - with classes and yoga - they have a map of jogging track also. (Also gorgeous spa and cheaper prices than oz) Both Equidistant and walking distance from clinic (20 mins).
    My summary after two nights in each is vineyards for lovely comfort resort with gardens and views and park inn modern utilitarian fine for sleeping if you plan to be out all day. Was what was available and cost for us ....
    We are suffering with jet lag - and maybe I would say for arrival go to somewhere with comfort first? As you will want to be asleep early in evening
    and be awake early in the morning.
    The B and B's did look lovely but where booked up....
    Think I remember reading in one of the many posts in last 7 threads(!) you can't go wrong with some where in newlands/Claremont in a B and B..������

There are apartments at the clinic over a coffee shop that are on air BnB - think personally though would definitely want a car if there - we decided from beginning didn't want hassle of one....

Any way have fun researching!!

Ps for vineyards go on there own website eg we got our first two nights at special weekend rate of 1350zar/night (inc Breakfast and extra bed for boy) couldn't get that on non hotel sites - also they offer discounts for 3/5 and 7 nights.

Sorry for long post!
    Pps your visa travel insurance is fine - you are not having a medical procedure. I am thinking Is a holiday where you get pregnant!!
    Thanks for your advice Crabby,
    Yes I've had a further look at Vineyards and that looks like the plan, it looks lovely. Just hope I can get in and the price isn't too bad. Hopefully my dates will be confirmed soon. The gym certainly does look better at Vineyards than Park Inn. I find going to the gym exercising for a small time really helps me with stress. I definately won't go to the gym once I've had my transfer.

With ANZ bank insurance the exclusions are stupid, it says if I am travelling for the purpose of obtaining medical advice or treatment and if I am consulting with a medical practitioner so after great advice from here we will go with Travel Insurance Direct.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

crabby  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Seriously the VISA travel insurance is not enough.

I have had issues trying to use it.

I have filled a passport in less than 10 years and I know for certain that with all of my credit card insurances (AMEX platinum, VISA Gold and Mastercard Platinum) that they will only cover you if every part of the holiday is booked on the card.

I would never trust insurance like that. TID take notice of any other card insurance you have when you claim and then negotiate part payments from your card providers (on your claim you list your credit cards).

I got stuck once thinking I could use my credit card insurance. I had paid for the holiday by bank transfer so nothing was claimable. Flights alone were not enough.

I would not make such a fuss if I had not already been through plenty of international claims before.

With TID I have claimed ruined clothing through washing wool in hot water by laundry service in Peru- all trekking gear replaced 100% cost

Business class flights to fix holiday plans and full reimbursement for Kilimanjaro climb plus phone calls etc after losing passport in Oman

Replacement of Macbook pro and iphone after being stolen by private tour guide in Iguazu.

And probably more over the years. My credit card insurance would never hsve covered any of it. The first item on TID is quite high for camera or laptop and generous for delays etc. You can phone them at any time from any country for assistance.

Be very careful of add on insurance on your credit card. I would be getting directly from them what is or is not covered and how much but never relying on it.
    Thank you for your great advice KMP. This forum is wonderful, without the great information and advice from you ladies I would be a nervous wreck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I got a good price @ the vineyard through booking.com but you can't change any dates ... It was $1260aud Inc full brekkie for 7 days from memory. They offer a shuttle to the big shopping centre too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a good deal Emski. When I know dates I will get straight onto it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To all the girls in SA, how are you all going?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi miss Sagi
    All good - donor gifted us 15 eggs and 13 fertilised!
    Met Canuck briefly yesterday and going out for dinner on Saturday with her and PSS minus hubbie and boy - really looking forward to it.
    Jet lag still big for us! Feels all a bit surreal really....😄
    Sat at v&a at Fishermans market about to have surf and turf! Been up with boy since 4am and it's nearly 7pm
    Foods here speak later!
    Last edited by crabby; 27-03-2015 at 04:19.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Hi miss Sagi
    All good - donor gifted us 15 eggs and 13 fertilised!
    Met Canuck briefly yesterday and going out for dinner on Saturday with her and PSS minus hubbie and boy - really looking forward to it.
    Jet lag still big for us! Feels all a bit surreal really....������
    Sat at v&a at Fishermans market about to have surf and turf! Been up with boy since 4am and it's nearly 7pm
    Foods here speak later!
    Congratulations Crabby that's great numbers and fertilisation. Will you get an update on day 3.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

crabby  (28-03-2015)