Closed Thread
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I always got different dates depending on who I spoke to KLM - congratulations again xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations KLM. Great to hear you saw that heartbeat. The best feeling ever! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KLM, you should have received a letter with your dates. I think cfc go by epu date and add 2 weeks before that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on seeing the heartbeat KLM and so pleased the bleeding has stopped!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

First appt at clinic today - very busy place! Dr Wisedel was as described - said same things as said to all re: wine drinking and clexane because of 'our' age. Started to talk about Embryoscope and for 4000zar thought was worth the increased odds of extra 10% and said yes straight away. Lining is 8.3, donor looking good according to dr w, so all on for epu on Wednesday ......hubbie and I very concerned re: two embryos for different reasons mine physical for me and premmie babes and him the stress of caring for them - lots of twins on his side of family and we know the issues...

Moved from vineyards to park inn today - 4 year old summed it up with 'is this it?' no comparison really - will miss the gardens, the view, the lovely room basically everything .....

Oh asked about sch and ed and he said no link. Incidence same in all preg. Mentioned about that we are closely monitored group and have the scans to show sch - and in natural preg people often don't know they are pregnant and the bleeding thought of as period - and if a loss then don't know as period comes back and if carry on being pregnant - dates are off...

The other thing I asked about was progesterone and as I think you can't overdose on it what's the harm with taking lots - as i kept wondering about people's issues with progesterone level etc

He said don't bother measuring it at all that gestone sent levels above the normal assay range and that he only measured it to check patients compliance with meds.....

Meeting Canuck and PSS later this week which will be fab!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-03-2015),KLM0511  (24-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (24-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (24-03-2015),pinkshootingstar  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Hi all

First appt at clinic today - very busy place! Dr Wisedel was as described - said same things as said to all re: wine drinking and clexane because of 'our' age. Started to talk about Embryoscope and for 4000zar thought was worth the increased odds of extra 10% and said yes straight away. Lining is 8.3, donor looking good according to dr w, so all on for epu on Wednesday ......hubbie and I very concerned re: two embryos for different reasons mine physical for me and premmie babes and him the stress of caring for them - lots of twins on his side of family and we know the issues...

Moved from vineyards to park inn today - 4 year old summed it up with 'is this it?' no comparison really - will miss the gardens, the view, the lovely room basically everything .....

Oh asked about sch and ed and he said no link. Incidence same in all preg. Mentioned about that we are closely monitored group and have the scans to show sch - and in natural preg people often don't know they are pregnant and the bleeding thought of as period - and if a loss then don't know as period comes back and if carry on being pregnant - dates are off...

The other thing I asked about was progesterone and as I think you can't overdose on it what's the harm with taking lots - as i kept wondering about people's issues with progesterone level etc

He said don't bother measuring it at all that gestone sent levels above the normal assay range and that he only measured it to check patients compliance with meds.....

Meeting Canuck and PSS later this week which will be fab!
    Crabby if you are concerned about progesterone you can purchase extra Gestone from CFC to last the full 10 weeks - the medications are much cheaper there
    (their usual program has you on it for about 6 weeks and then alternating with other types (pessaries/crinone or the like) )

I was concerned as I have always felt progesterone was a problem for me having endo and got the extra. I'm glad I did as I think it has helped with dealing with our SCH's as the first thing our FS wanted to do here when it started was double the progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby dounds like it's all good. I chose to only transfer one and my doctor was very clear with me about that. He did not want me carrying twins with increase in potential complications. I also need to work to keep staff employed and income for me. Any pregnancy could do this but twins is much higher risk all round.

Park Inn is fine. They employ hearing impaired people so you get to know them by the end of the stay. It's close to the train, there's Woolworths food at service station opposite and a short stroll to the clinic and shopping centre. Trust me it's nothing compared with places I've stayed previously but it's clean fresh and convenient.

Good luck for Wednesday. Pointy end of it all now. How fabulous.

Agreed my doctor said no need to test Progesterone if injecting.

Look forward to hearing your news later in the week.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

crabby  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Still enjoying Cape Town. Travel recommendations: staying in Claremont/Newlands is really nice and a bit quieter than downtown. Uber is definitely the way to get around (way safer and cheaper than taxis). Try the red bus one of the first days.

Crabby - my egg pick-up is on Wednesday too!! My donor is a few days late. Another travel recommendation: give yourself a few days buffer on the end. Today was supposed to my egg pick-up, which would make my transfer Saturday. Now I think my transfer is Monday. It's all good as my flight leaves Tuesday at 10:00 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (24-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just to cheer you on, guess who is celebrating her egg pick up birthday today
    Attached Images

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-03-2015),crabby  (24-03-2015),faith15  (25-03-2015),KLM0511  (24-03-2015),KMP  (24-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (24-03-2015),Patsy73  (24-03-2015),pinkshootingstar  (24-03-2015),Twocam  (05-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski look at those big brown eyes.