Closed Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just arrived at vineyards - and so wish whole two weeks was here! Watching my 4 year old chase tortoises around the lawn with backdrop of table mountain nibbling on swordfish - that's the life!
    Trying to black out the nightmare SAA flights ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Just arrived at vineyards - and so wish whole two weeks was here! Watching my 4 year old chase tortoises around the lawn with backdrop of table mountain nibbling on swordfish - that's the life!
    Trying to black out the nightmare SAA flights ....
    Oh no what happened with the flights? Was it rough or delays?

Lucky you though getting to look out at Table Mtn! Enjoy every moment there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Just rough 27hrs....
    Was syd-perth- joburg- Cape Town
    All SAA but was code share Virgin Syd-perth and took 90 mins just to check in - sent to three different desks - as they couldn't handle international stuff - eventually got all boarding passes (as was impossible on line anyway cause of code share I think) and told bags checked through to Cape Town. Perth domestic airport is quite a distance from the 'international' airport another 90 min transfer. By time you are on the actual long haul flight been on the road 9hrs. In joburg fortunately got told have to pick up luggage and recheck in (Virgin didn't know..) or bags would still be on the carousel - planes all a little shabby - entertainment system rubbish in general for last flight with no tv my 4 year old said lets get off and find one with a tv - made a few people laugh!
    I know first world problems but if have to come back won't be doing it that way ....

Now husband in bed with rigors as he has what I had last weekend - at least it's in a nice bed! And know it doesn't affect his donation!!!! 😃I'm off to entertain the 4 year old at the pool!
    Last edited by crabby; 21-03-2015 at 22:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh great I'm booked on SAA... Really looking forward to it now 😕 - my whole stay is at the vineyard as was our last trip - just love that hotel.

Thanks
    Reviews

Emski
    Just keep thinking of the vineyard! And I'm just moaning ... All be worth it in the end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it fine to enjoy wine before the transfer? Without going overboard, of course! I figure overall health is important but a few wines can't hurt can it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chillout - we were in Franschoek the day before my transfer and had lunch at a place where my hubby got quite friendly with the owner. So they were constantly filling our glasses up and I have to admit I had more than I should have and woke up with a slight hangover! I felt so guilty. But all ended well for us. So yes I think a couple of drinks won't hurt.

Crabby - oh dear sounds like you had a nightmare flight. Glad you can now relax in the beautiful Vineyard. Those tortoises are amazing - I think there are 5 who live there. Gloria was our favourite! We will def stay at the Vineyard again if we (or I) go back for no.2.

Hi to everyone I am reading along on this forum and it so great to see all the positive news here. Good luck to the girls over there now.

We have 5 weeks to go to meet our little one. Can't believe how quick it has gone.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (27-03-2015),crabby  (22-03-2015),mardicharli  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    Is it fine to enjoy wine before the transfer? Without going overboard, of course! I figure overall health is important but a few wines can't hurt can it?
    Definite ok Chillout - infact DR LR (and our Aussie FS) recommended it to us even for the day of tx. In particular red wine as it thins the blood (like Clexane/aspirin) and helps relax the uterus which is all positive for implantation.

Crabby - sorry to here about your bad flight. We too had a bad flight experience but ours was on the way back with Qantas. (Ours was bad enough that I put in a formal complaint!)

As for us just reading and cheering the March girls along..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-03-2015),crabby  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby unfortunate but real. Even Qantas planes on many flights I've been on overseas and domestic have no entertainment. My friend's son gets annoyed too when there is no entertainment.

It's frustrating we hen there is no international to domestic transfer for luggage but in Australia it would be the same. You need to do a customs check in a country you land in. You normally have to collect luggage, pass through customs and check in at domestic.

It's all a hassle and that's why I'd personally prefer longer flights with less connections arriving at my destination. Cape Town international is a really small airport but Jo burg is very large and busy.

You're there now. Relax and enjoy.

Chillout drink the wine. I had a lovely dinner at Col'Cacchio (which is a chain but divine pasta, pizza and salads) with cocktails the night before my transfer. It's so cheap there and it was in the bottom of the shopping centre. I wish we could get food that good at that price in Australia. I've not stopped having the odd drop 'now and then' but not frequently. A few weeks ago a sneaky drop of pink lady schnapps was great. Most of the time I wouldn't feel like it though. Enjoy it while you can.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-03-2015),crabby  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg I know this sounds so sad (as well as using the letters omg!) but yippee - Woolworths here is marks and Spencer's! Feel serious shopping happening - missed this for last two years in oz. Have walked past the baby clothes section very quickly though..😃