Closed Thread
Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Annabelle on the twins. Very exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowser, so many twins for February! Congrats Annabelle on your twinnies!

Devaki, sorry to hear that one if your twins is not doing so well, but super happy to hear that your tiger Bub is thriving!

Miss Sagi, great news that your scan has gone so well!

AFM, after our donor was disqualified for her BMI our other donor choice came through for us and agreed to donate. She donated last year and was successful so we should not have any problems with testing. She had her tests yesterday and CFC said once results are back early next week (and are all good) we should be able to book our flights for May! I am so excited as this is finally starting to get real and it's only about 8 weeks to we fly out!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the support! One more thing about Cape Town, if this is the last time I'm drinking in a while, I am glad it is here. The wine here is delicious.

Congrats Annabelle on your twins! Congrats Miss Sagi on the healthy heartbeats!

Devaki, sorry to hear that one twin has faded. I am happy to hear that the other is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Packing arghhhhh

Canuck any top tips about what to bring while have the chance 😄

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's windy & wonderful in Cape Town

I'm enjoying a piña colada in kirstenbosch gardens.
    Crabby I'm in shorts and a sweater. It's too warm for jeans in the sun but I need the sweater for the wind.
    Donor is doing very well as am I (apparently great lining at 8.8).
    When I asked what I could do to improve my chances if success dr wiswedel suggested fertilitech time lapse. Did anyone use it? Apparently it ups chances by 10%. Any comments are welcome.
    Wazbub dr wiswedel is great.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Canuck, I'm so jealous. Yes the wind is cold over there. I hope there is still beautiful scenery around after the devasting fires.
    I've never heard of that stuff...I reckon another pina colada to keep you relaxed! Haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Don't think it was available when I was there - it sounds like the time lapse thing they use in Prague clinics to watch how the embryos develop under an embryoscope rather than taking them out all the time to watch how quickly they divide etc. They just watch back the time lapse footage to find the top ones. I'd do it if they offer it. Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (21-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    The scenery is beautiful. Tomorrow, I am going to the Cape Point area where the fires were, so I will have a better idea of things then.
    What I was trying to type (hate iPhone), was about the EmbryoScope. It costs an additional R4000 and both Dr Wiswedel and my Canadian RE recommend it (very impressed with Canadian RE's quick e-mail response). This UK article describes it and the cost (C$1,276). Based on the recommendations from doctors and boosting the success rate 10% I am going to go for it.
    http://www.manchesterfertility.com/r...-imaging-faqs/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just jumping thread here hope you don't mind, my clinic uses embryoscope and I used it and would highly recommend using it if you can afford the added cost camera watching how the embryos split and divide enabling embryologist to pick best ones for transfer, also as emski said, means they don't need to keep on taking them out of incubator to check progress so less intervention/disruption for them

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.....what a catch up

Devaki hard news I'm sure but great news one is fighting on. Hope the next few weeks are smooth for you.

Blinky awesome. Mmmm working from bed for a long time perhaps....yes the struggle has only just begun.

Annabelle....twins....whoa.....I knew I could never do that so happy to watch the rest of you though.

Canuck enjoy the splendour of Cape Town. Seems like a glorious sunset ftom Lion's Head a couple nights ago (I have photographer friends on Facebook).

PSS good luck.....

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone in my quick catch up.

AFM- Monday I was scheduled for my nuchal dcan and it was cancelled an hour prior. No availability here for the next week.....so.....on the phone and a quick trip to Brisbane to get it done at lunch time. Sonographer was 13 weeks too so we had a good giggle about the medicinal benefits of hot chips (something I'd never usually eat) and the ease of drinking softdrink over water (hideous but also true at some points for me). There are so many benefits of using an egg donor and the best for me was the call from my doc telling me the odds of genetic problem came back 1:20000, the lowest possible and my main reasons for doing this. Yay yay yay. And.....I got to see that little 6cm alien jiggling around inside me in 4D. Weird weird weird.

Have the go ahead to book for a wedding in Toronto with a conference in Seattle in May (side trip to New York). Depressing but no doubt my last hurrah. Can't come soon enough. Have a great weekend.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (22-03-2015),Devaki  (21-03-2015),KLM0511  (21-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (24-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (21-03-2015),pinkshootingstar  (21-03-2015)