Closed Thread
Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Canuck,
    Glad to hear you are enjoying Cape Town so far. Isn't it awesome! Wishing you all the best for your appointments.

Wazbub I was with Dr Wisweidel and found him to be very good. No issues, and I went over 3 times!
    All the best getting everything sorted.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (19-03-2015),wazbub  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WazBub, I was with Dr Wiswedel and he was great. I think all the doctors are really going to be fine from what I've heard on this thread. Btw...Dr Heylen is a 'he' :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

wazbub  (18-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy Cape Town Canuk and hope to meet up very soon!

How are our resting ladies going? hope everyone is doing well!

AFM had an interim scan today which my local FS had suggested to see my lining and 6.9mm on 10th day of meds, last time it was 6mm. Dr LR happy with this and they've bolstered my progynova from Saturdays dose so need to get to 8mm by this time next week. Fingers crossed.

Hi to everyone else! xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your kind wishes. I have been to many places in the world (not yet Australia), and Cape Town is one of the friendliest. The scenery is awesome.
    I meet Dr. Wiswedel on March 20. Quite honestly, Cape Town is such a gorgeous city I can't help but be relaxed.
    Thanks for cheering me on, I welcome all the help I can get.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (19-03-2015),KMP  (21-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (19-03-2015),Patsy73  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Enjoy Cape Town Canuk and hope to meet up very soon!

How are our resting ladies going? hope everyone is doing well!

AFM had an interim scan today which my local FS had suggested to see my lining and 6.9mm on 10th day of meds, last time it was 6mm. Dr LR happy with this and they've bolstered my progynova from Saturdays dose so need to get to 8mm by this time next week. Fingers crossed.

Hi to everyone else! xx
    PSS - how quickly has that time flown by that you are now almost heading over again!

If it helps - I was told that eating red meat, avocado and eggs helps with thickening your lining. As does acupuncture.
    I'm not sure if that's just all old wives tales or not but it certainly can't hurt (I did it and if you remember mine was way over the 8mm threshold)

The added Progynova will also help (my Aussie FS doubled the CFC protocol and I had never had a lining issue..)

Will be sending sticky vibes your way as you head back x

Canuck - we too have travelled a lot and also fell in love with Cape Town. So many things to do and see there. We already knew after our first visit - regardless of the outcome - that we would return there again to explore some more.. Hope your first appointment goes well in a couple of days.

AFM: we had our 8 week scan yesterday and got to see our two beans again. It was a special moment to be able to see them and the tiny flicker of heartbeats.
    They were clearer today too as Wazza decided to do an abdominal scan this time as he has discovered that my uterus 'sits high and forward' which explains all the years of 'difficult scans' and why I get a so bloated with AF every month... It also means he thinks I will show quicker and more prominently - I guess there could be some 'mammoth' belly shots on the cards 😳...

Wazza has also extended my bedrest orders until Easter as we can still see large areas of remnants where I had the bleeding. He has also vetoed any flying while pregnant (this will complicate things for work) and (at least for now ) no swimming.
    What I hadn't allowed for either was that he said I should expect to be stopping work by 20-25 weeks. This may have to be a negotiation thing though (maybe work from home if I can?)
    After all our energy and focus being spent on getting our BFP we are now discovering that what we know is only the tip of the iceberg and we have so much more to learn..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck: Enjoy Cape Town. It's an amazing place.

Wazbub: We were also with Dr W. He's very dry and laid back which took a bit of getting used to but he's very caring and certainly knows his stuff. I think all the CFC docs sound great, though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone!
    PSS not long now fingers crossed for all going well, stay positive!

Canuck, glad you enjoy CT, it's hard not to hey! We too have traveled heaps and honestly CT and the whole western cape area is just stunning and unforgettable!

Blinky, wonderful wonderful news for you! I was thinking of you and wanted to contact you today to ask how your doing! And still two beans kicking well...amazing! Bedrest sucks though and you need to work it out with work but I'm sure you'll work it out one way or the other, just look after yourself an the lil beans first

AFM - we had our 7 week scan and the other weaker bean has now only 10% chance...Wazza expects it to dissolve into my body or come out any time within 1-3 weeks. There is still old blood area visible too and the dissolvement or other fetus coming out of my body may cause more bleed and scare. So I'm sti in bedrest too, until end of 12 weeks when all will hopefully be settled. The other midget is doing really well, grows like a trooper and we even heard the heartbeat which was a music to our ears, literally

Thankfully my boys have recovered from their colds (it's my turn now though ) but my in laws arrive tmr and stay for 2 months so all good when it comes to help and support.

Lots of love to you all girls!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (19-03-2015),Blinky76  (19-03-2015),Canuck1  (20-03-2015),KLM0511  (19-03-2015),KMP  (21-03-2015),mardicharli  (19-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (19-03-2015),Patsy73  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my scan at 6w6d
    Found a heartbeat yay. Dr has a look around and finds a second sack & heartbeat hiding behind a 5cm fibroid.

Quietly ****ting myself while I wait for scan at obstetrician on 30th March.

I'm not telling family about the twins until I have confirmed viability.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (20-03-2015),Devaki  (19-03-2015),KLM0511  (19-03-2015),KMP  (21-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (19-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Annabelle, I can't believe another one with twins in Feb. Congratulations! Welcome to my world! Haha

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (19-03-2015),Canuck1  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devaki, sorry to hear about your little bub, but at least the other one is powering along. Great news.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (19-03-2015)