Closed Thread
Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    One more question, post-embryo transfer, were you encouraged to rest or go about your normal business (by either your Australian RE or the Cape Town REs)?

Thank you,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Canuck, I wouldn't have thought twins percentage was that high, but tbh I haven't actually studied it.
    Post transfer they get you to stay on the the bed for 5mins. Thats it. I then carried on with my holiday, straight to the airport for a flight to Jberg and even had 2 drinks with dinner that night. The next day went on a day tour so I didn't exactly rest after my transfer. I think as long as you don't do extreme sports etc. you should carry on as normal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, CFC's standard protocol is 2 - 5 day blasts. But they will ask you how many?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck, my experience with rest after ET is that both my local FS and Dr Wiswedel said that rest or take it easy for a day and then continue with your normal life. My real life experience with now 3 ET's (the second FET was mc) is that on all occasion I have had a bleed that started on day 5.3, 6.3 (mc) and 4.3 (current preg). I'm sure it's nothing to do with how active I've been or other but I would nevertheless treat the first 8 weeks at least with extreme caution. If I were 25 and shooting out eggs that are fertilised with the looks of a man's pants, I'm sure my thinking would be different. But having spent years, thousands and bucket of years and heartache to where I am, I take no risks and take it as easy as I possibly can. Maybe I'm talking this rubbish only because I'm already a little loopy from my bedrest

Kimenthra indeed is the lab manager and she started the agency so they are closely in contact with CFC of course. My experience was that once the donor was chosen, I only communicated with Cyndi so she limited her involvement. But prior to that she was actually quite helpful and she actually found/suggested our donor to us. So our experience with her was good.

Re twin rate - Dr Wiswedel said once 2 are put back, there is 15-20% chance of twins. Our Feb stats look like both BFP and twin ratios are pretty high! Maybe it's just very fertile year ?

Canuck, happy travels to you and good luck with everything!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It is a very fertile year so far with a high incidence of twins - it's not the norm though - take a look at the previous roll call stats for 2014., that's probably a more realistic overall view. January links to the previous roll call pages at the bottom... I'll see if I can find it x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I've spent some time this morning catching up where everyone is at.

KLM - big congrats on your BFP!

Bkinky, Devaki and Annabelle - sorry to hear you've, all had such a rough trot with bleeding, but big congrats and massive relief to you both Blinky and Devaki on such an amazing turn around and news of twins!! Who knew the body can handle all this!?!

Miss Sagi - also congrats to you on twins!

Crabby - yes I'm definitely up for a catch up over the jazz weekend. I'll send a message to you lovely ladies there that weekend so we can arrange something!

Can't believe it's only two weeks and I'll be back there, only booked my accom last night and there were slim pickings left, but conveniently found an apartment in the same complex as CFC. Particularly as I'll be too chicken to inject myself with gestone, so will save me tracking there and to the hospital every day.

Hope everyone else is going well!

Xx

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (14-03-2015),Canuck1  (15-03-2015),crabby  (15-03-2015),KLM0511  (14-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PSS glad you got your meds sorted. How nice of the pharmacist.

Well ladies it's the last day before I head off so lots to sort out because despite my best intentions I'm not organised.

I may not pop back on this forum now. As I've said this our last hoorah. I found it quite hard reading along after our failure at the end of last year. It wasn't the BFPs that were hard oddly - they gave me hope... It was the BFNs - I felt them, and it kept taking me back to ours. If this one fails, although I'd like to remain a source of info for others embarking down this road I know there are plenty of you still here to help, and I know I will need to be able to move forward and get into a positive head space as quickly as I can and I think it will just be too hard to come back to the thread.
    So, I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for your advice and your general support and encouragement and really just for being a group of people to talk to when you don't have anyone else. I feel happy to have been able to share a number of your journeys and even happier to have seen how many of you have recently seen those journeys through to achieve your dreams.
    Good luck to those of you about to go or who will follow later down the track. 😊

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015),crabby  (15-03-2015),mardicharli  (15-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (15-03-2015),Patsy73  (15-03-2015),pinkshootingstar  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    All the best @Hoping4best - it is a very tough road and your reasons are understandable. Here's wishing that you reach your dream on this trip xx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-03-2015),Hoping4best  (15-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best, I wish you all the luck in the world. Understand your reasons for moving on from the forum. But we are all here if you do decide to pop back in at any time. Take care x

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (15-03-2015)