Closed Thread
Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi do you mind me asking where you got your icooler bag from? Online?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought it from Diabetes SA, so all states Diabetes shops should have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi, congrats, wow that's exciting news and may it continue to go well.
    These early weeks are just torturing for us all I'm sure, one reason or other.
    Blinky, hang in there, I'm thinking of you and still think that 5% is much better than nil. Sending positive vibes and big hugs to you!

Cool bags....I used my son's insulated lunch box and put 3x$2 cool blocks (from KMart) in it. They took it away because i kept only my sons yogurt in there but said if I need to keep my meds cool, then they wouldn't have taken them away. I cursed myself as I could have just chucked some of my meds in there too and say that it's for the meds.
    On my way back I put simple ice cubes in sealed plastic bag and no one questioned me.

AFM - I'm still in bedrest with the cocktail of pills and Valium, I'm an emotional blob - cry fair bit, eat a LOT but no other symptoms. I miss my little boy terribly, whom I see an hr in the morning before he goes to daycare and then a few hrs in the evening. I can cuddle him of course but I can't do all the fun stuff we normally do and I'm so desperate to spend quality time with him.

My spotting stopped last Sun and its been good since though I was told to continue with the bedrest until next Wed nevertheless. Scan then and will see if I can get my more active life back! I hate the bedrest! It's not quite like sipping an umbrella cocktail on the beach with legs up and teading a good book! I'd rather clean my house, cook and do some gardening than vegetate on the sofa in the haze of Valium!

Anyway...all for a good cause and I hope it's all worth it!

Wishing you all a lot of patience as we wait for our next answers...

Love to all xx

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (06-03-2015),Hoping4best  (07-03-2015),KMP  (06-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I just used a gel freezer block wrapped in chux. The airline would refrigerate drugs for you while in the air and freeze the gelpack, which would then cover for transits etc. I had no issues with this simple system.

I'd go stir crazy with bedrest.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devaki, you poor thing. I too would go bananas lying around. I think you should have a special sleep over with your little boy tonight. Kick DH out, I'm sure he won't mind for a night! Haha Glad to hear the bleeding has subsided.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I like the sleepover idea Me and my lil man in the king size bed, him purring into my ear....aah! The problem is we don't want to teach him a habit of staying in our bed as he is actually a very good sleeper in his own cot and in his own room. I use my morning and evening hours with him wisely and get as many million kisses and cuddles in as I can He does feel quite smothered by me atm and tends to run back to daddy go figure!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (06-03-2015),KMP  (06-03-2015),Miss Sagi  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devaki, Rules are meant to be broken and ir will probab L t lift your spirits, I say go for it. One night won't blow the boundaries.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Devaki  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi! Awesome news to be carrying twins!! So happy for you. Yay!!

Blinky, OMG hon, I'm so sorry about your bleed and complications. I really feel for you. Could happen to any of us. Let's pray that 5% chance works and despite all this you will have a little fighter that will pull through. Fingers crossed x. Take care x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly I would really like to thank everyone for sharing their personal stories as this forum has been a absolute wealth of information and inspiration.
    I first posted some time ago when I was searching for a donor and found this part of the process quite difficult. I was able to eventually move forward and make a choice.
    I have now travelled to Capetown twice but sadly have just received my 2nd Negative result. My first try ended with a CP.
    Fortunately for us, we still have 4 on ice so I will head back again soon. I still have faith that this process will work but was just wanting to seek some advice from others, that may have also been in the same situation, as to what they may have done differently to get their much wanted BFP.
    I have used acupuncture with both cycles and have also had some minimal testing for immune issues - which according to my FS are in the normal range. This testing was done at my request as the FS was a little dismissive of the topic.
    Thanks again and wishing success to everyone on this journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there till next Thursday Faith!
    Hope the week flies for you. Hope all goes well.

I am realising that we are all always waiting and waiting for something right! BT's, results, scans, next trimesters, birth, and then I guess the non stop worrying when they finally arrive and then just the worry as they grow up. Wow, teaches us all patience. But so pleased we all have this forum to share these experiences.

AFM, just the weekend to wait till my BT. I got a darker line today! Emski, look what you have created! I'm getting addicted! But I missed yesterday. I wrapped up Wednesday's test and added a chocolate bar with it and gave as part of my Fiance's bday present. He opened it and looked confused saying what's this. I said I think I'm pregnant! To which we hugged and had the tears flowing from both of us. I said not to get too excited yet as we have to get the BT first. Still, it's exciting!