Closed Thread
Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Crabby you could try http://www.capestay.co.za/moltenocottage/
    they book up pretty quickly though - it's the next street down from the clinic and looks very safe from the drive by I did last March. The owner Annette is lovely but she has sold it and is leaving at the end of March, the new owner emailed me too and they sound great as well.
    I think @Patsy73 stayed here.
    Yes please give feedback on your tour!

thanks
    Em x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM – Congrats on being PUPO. Haverestful stressfree 2WW.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crabby we may not quite be able to meet up (which would be a shame) - we leave Cape Town on 22/03 for Joburg.
    PSS - we will definitely miss each other and I'm really jealous as I miss the Jazz festival.

Faith - great results - sounds fabulous.

KLM - congrats. All the best for your 2ww 😊

Canuck how are you going with your accommodation issues? I don't have anything much to offer I'm sorry. We found our place through airbnb - I think there was another apartment showing available in the complex we've picked and I could private message the info if you would like.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

faith15  (24-02-2015),KLM0511  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Canuck, You can find a lot on Airbnb. The locations I would suggest are all around or near the V&A Waterfront. Just a good base. They are Green Point, Mouille Point, Sea Point. (The clinic is probably 20 mins away by car/cab/Uber)
    I have stayed at two places on Main Road, Green point, just a bit up from the Stadium. The location feels safe. There are cafes and Woolworths supermarket if you wanted to buy your own food to make some meals from the apartment. I just checked your dates at the two places I have stayed at as I can highly recommend but they are unfortunately booked out. But there are others in those areas, just have a look and they are under the 1000 rand.

The first one we stayed at is available in May so far, (for anyone travelling then) and that apartment was truly awesome - its 2 bedroom and everything you could want. Even stocked the fridge with basic supplies for the next morning (like bacon, eggs, some gourmet tomatoes, milk, bottles of water and some biscuits to have with coffee). Perfect hosts. (Don't worry, they don't live there). So if anyone is looking for accommodation for May/June PM me and I can send you the link.
    The one I am in now is also really lovely. Just a 1 bedroom and has everything you need. (just a couple of doors up from the other one). I wasn't so spoilt at this one though - there was only milk - which is really all anyone expects. (seems to be booked till Oct though, so that's no good to anyone for now!

Hope that info helps some people.

Now off to V&A Waterfront for some shopping!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Accommodation

Hi all,
    Thank you so much for your information and support.
    I found a B&B close to the clinic, Lavender House, which I think I am going to reserve (700R/night). My hope was to find a B&B as I find travelling on my own lonely, and it is nice to talk to someone even if it is only 'pass the salt'.

I just wonder, are there restaurants close to the clinic for dinner? And, is it better to stay close to the clinic or in a tourist area like V&A? Thank you KLM for the information, I am wavering on this and the information you provide is quite good.

My thinking is to stay close to the clinic as I know I will have multiple visits there and each day, try out a different area. I am also keen to explore Kirstenbosch Gardens which is nearby.

Also, upon hearing of my accommodation troubles, Kimenthra from EDSA has provided a few references. I guess this is lesson #254 in asking for help.

Thanking you in advance for all your assistance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Canuck re: which location to stay
    It depends what you want from the trip - if you want to be in the thick of things with restaurants at your doorstep then the V&A area is the place.
    Around the clinic the suburb of Claremont is upmarket, green leafy and quite inner suburban - there is the big shopping mall Cavendish Square that has restaurants / cinemas and the usual shops / supermarketsetc. And there are bistros in and around that suburb too. I'd stay here if you prefer a quieter location that's safe to walk around in the day.
    I'm staying in Claremont at the Vineyard Hotel because I loved the location last time - very self contained w/ 3 restaurants, spa, pool etc and huge gardens (if you do stay in the area definitely head there for a look/coffee it's a lovely historical hotel with lots of ship wrecked antiques on dhow with historical information) It's only a 10-15 min cab ride to the action of the city/waterfront from Claremont.
    Like I said it depends what your after!
    Em x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Canuck. I don't use the clinic there so no too sure what's better on that front (although this trip I will go there once). If you have a car you'll be able to get around easily enough though wherever you stay.
    Re the lonely while travelling on your own factor - we can always catch up for coffee /lunch / dinner etc. you could see how comfortable you feel and if you did feel comfortable you'd be more than welcome to travel with us if somewhere we are going takes your fancy. I can let you know what's on our itinerary. But I also completely understand if you didn't feel comfortable ☺️
    Happy planning.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had our third BT today - very relieved to hear everything is doing what it should at 21dp5dt:

HCG is now 3133
    And Progesterone has increased to 65.7 (think I will keep the crinone going though)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Annabelle1  (25-02-2015),Canuck1  (25-02-2015),emski72  (25-02-2015),KLM0511  (25-02-2015),KMP  (25-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Canuck re: which location to stay
    It depends what you want from the trip - if you want to be in the thick of things with restaurants at your doorstep then the V&A area is the place.
    Around the clinic the suburb of Claremont is upmarket, green leafy and quite inner suburban - there is the big shopping mall Cavendish Square that has restaurants / cinemas and the usual shops / supermarketsetc. And there are bistros in and around that suburb too. I'd stay here if you prefer a quieter location that's safe to walk around in the day.
    I'm staying in Claremont at the Vineyard Hotel because I loved the location last time - very self contained w/ 3 restaurants, spa, pool etc and huge gardens (if you do stay in the area definitely head there for a look/coffee it's a lovely historical hotel with lots of ship wrecked antiques on dhow with historical information) It's only a 10-15 min cab ride to the action of the city/waterfront from Claremont.
    Like I said it depends what your after!
    Em x
    Thanks Emski, I am thinking that quieter is better for me at this point. It is good to know that Claremont is a nice area with bistros - that sounds great to me right now - and green and leafy sounds so much nicer than 2 feet of snow

I will definitely check out the Vineyard Hotel, the on-line pictures look lovely. I'm thinking about renting a car when I am there but have to see how I feel about driving on the left side of the road.

Now that I have my accommodation booked - so relieved - I can think about what I want to do with my spare time.

Kind regards,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4best View Post
    Hi Canuck. I don't use the clinic there so no too sure what's better on that front (although this trip I will go there once). If you have a car you'll be able to get around easily enough though wherever you stay.
    Re the lonely while travelling on your own factor - we can always catch up for coffee /lunch / dinner etc. you could see how comfortable you feel and if you did feel comfortable you'd be more than welcome to travel with us if somewhere we are going takes your fancy. I can let you know what's on our itinerary. But I also completely understand if you didn't feel comfortable ☺️
    Happy planning.
    Hoping, thank you for the generous offer. I would love to get together for coffee/lunch/dinner and any adventures you invite me to tag along. Now that I do not have to worry about finding accommodation, I can focus on the fun stuff. I do have a trip to Inverdoorn booked through Ulungelee tours on March 19 and will work on my to-do list over the next week. Cape Town has so many options and I am hoping to go to the wine country before the embryo transfer.