Closed Thread
Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM - Just a quick update. I got my BT results, my HCG 12dp5dt is 1899. Dr Le Roux says he's very happy with them and he doesn't need me to go for anymore bloods. That's one hurdle down. Now i just need to book for a scan. Feel so blessed.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your well wishes. Means so much to me..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-02-2015),emski72  (24-02-2015),Kay2015  (23-02-2015),KLM0511  (24-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Faith, don't worry about twins you could have the 3 amigos in there with those numbers. Congratulations on your pregnancy 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (23-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Canuck and hoping4best
    Yes I'll be in CT 21st March to 3rd April be lovely to meet up.

Think PSS also mentioned going end of March also?

KLM hope all went well today. Fingers crossed for you.

Faith big congratulations to you, such wonderful news and great numbers!!

Blinky, the determination and support of the women on this site is definitely inspiring to me and the success stories definitely give me confidence. Thank you!

Miss Sagi, I've done very little eeeeekkkk except get scripts (yet to fill), booked flights and leave. I'm feeling a little anxious, perhaps a combination of crazy work and probably the stress of this process, even though I think I'm feeling kind of positive... Who knows our minds work in interesting ways. I'm thinking of trying accupuncture to help reduce my stress levels - compared to gestone injections accupuncture should be a stroll in the park

Crabby I'd love to catch up with yourself, hoping4best and Canuck (and DHs) if we can swing the timings. I'm going solo this time and arrive on 28 march and depart 1 April. That weekend is their big jazz festival!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Well I have 2 embies on board now. Dr W said that they were two good ones. They were under instruction to keep thawing until they got the best two but he said the first one was good already and the second as well. So they didn't have to go through any others. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, everything crossed!

I also had acupuncture with Sarah Hewland after the transfer. She was good. Pink Shooting star, it really doesn't hurt. They are so fine, some you don't feel, others feel like a mosquito bite. I just love how you get to just relax/sleep. I have been having sessions in Sydney for the last 6 weeks too. I figure we have to try whatever we can right! Cant hurt. Some people swear by it.

Miss Sagi and Faith, congrats on your numbers - they are great! The scans will be exciting!

Hi to everyone else.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-02-2015),faith15  (24-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (24-02-2015),pinkshootingstar  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats on being PUPO KLM!
    I hope I have that kind of luck with my embies as I only have two. My trip is a bit of a gamble though.

Enjoy your day over there and rest up.
    Gotta say I'm jealous! If I could is be heading to the Harbour House at the V&A for some masala dusted calamari ... Ahh the memories.

I'm currently booking my massages for my stay. I ended up booking the Vineyard hotel for accommodation again as I found a good deal and they happen to have a fantastic day spa.

I'm looking for recommendations on organised tours as I'll be solo and would like to get out a bit before transfer.

Finally - recommendations on phone use over there... Last time we used DHs work phone, but this time I'm assuming I'm better off getting a local sim and data plan and just tether my phone for internet - has anyone done this? What kind if costs am I looking at if so?

Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - congratulations on being PUPO!

Faith - wow look at those numbers... No wonder you don't have to do anymore BTs.

Emski - we found the easiest sim to use over there was to get a sim from Vodacom (there is an outlet in JoBurg and Cape Town airport). You pay 100R for the sim and then can load with phone coverage and data. From memory we loaded with enough airtime of phone calls and 3G of data for about 300R. This lasted us the entire 2 1/2 weeks we were there (with spare ).
    The people in the shop set everything up and make sure it is operational before you leave. I believe we can now keep this sim for any future trips ..

AFM - repeat bloods tomorrow and a repeat intralipid on Friday..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (24-02-2015),KLM0511  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM congrats! Fingers crossed on PUPO.

I love acupuncture.... not only for IVF but generally. You really don't feel much of anything but it's great for muscle spasms. IVF acupuncture at the Chinese Medicine doctor always made me so sleepy I felt like I'd had surgery. It was amazing.

As for phones I just use Viber, WhatsApp or called on Messenger using wifi. A local SIM would be the cheapest option.

Looking forward to more exciting news from everyone this week.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-02-2015),pinkshootingstar  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies.

Emski on our first trip I got a Vodacom sim from the Vodacom store at V&A. It's a pre-paid one which had both data and calls. Each other trip I have used the same one but have topped it up with data and sms. You can choose different amounts and all done on the Vodacom website. I do use wifi wherever I can but wanted to have data for when I am somewhere with no wifi.
    That calamari sounds good! How many days are you doing this time Em?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks guys - sounds like Vodacom is the go - we did get a wireless dongle with them last time as our hotel wifi was crap but this time I'll need a phone too - I'll need it for the clinic more than anything otherwise I probably would just use Skype etc.

KLM I leave for Cape Town on May 27th and return 4 June - so a good 8 days there. Flying SAA this time for something different and the sale price was too good to overlook. I'll also be enjoying sleeping in/room service, watching movies in their entirety in one sitting as I'll be baby free ... Not sure how I'll go without little Edie but Grandma is very excited that she'll be around every day/night with DH as he will go work from her house while I'm away.

Em x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The clinic just emailed me. I was happy with that. Evrn though they had hotel number and room extension they didn't want to call me there or my local number.

I've had about enough of poor communication with CFC though. Still getting emails to incorrect addrress even though I asked it to be changed in December and have requested 5-6 times.

Their disorganisation does little to inspire confidence in me.

The blame on me for their errors with my account also do not sit well. I stress for people to demand invoices/statements at appointments and check accuracy. Staff did not consult my account, simply took money for elements of the treatment and did not take money for sperm which was clearly billed early in my treatment on the statement. They then kept emailing me for payment without sending a credit card authority (which I kept asking for). I now look forward to dealing with the credit card company as they no doubt, will cancel my card yet again.

Please check your account before you leave the clinic.