Closed Thread
Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Annabell, 10/10!!! Whoo hoo, that's great! And ulalaa, Adriaan love flirty stories on Val Day!

MrsErin, congrats on your beauuuuutiful baby girl!

My day 3 report was 8x8 cell and 2x6 cell...here's hoping!j

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Devaki For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annabell, 10/10!!! Whoo hoo, that's great! And love a little flirty story on Val Day, go girl !

MrsErin, congrats on your beauuuuutiful baby girl!

My day 3 report was 8x8 cell and 2x6 cell...here's hoping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I need some advice I am trying to decide how to go about planning the trip to SA. Did most of you preplan trips and stays outside of Cape Town or waited till you got there and booked things as you felt like it?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emma it can be difficult if timings change. I didn't book my safari because of this. It probably depends more on how confident you are travelling overseas.

For me it was my first laid back 'whatever' style holiday. There is so much to see around Cape Town. I had friends there at the time so I bunked in on some of their vacation travels. If it's not peak period you could easily get accommodation in other areas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emma, I pre-planned everything before I went. My plans were ruined when I wasn't aware you have to go into CFC on epu day to learn the Prog injections and this date was pushed backed by 3 days from whay I was originally told. It meant I had to change 2 lots of accommodation and our safari 3hrs out of CT. If you want to do something outside of CT my advice is do it before scheduled epu or wing it when you're over there. I'm just an organisational freak but you can easily make all your plans while over there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #7

Congrats Devaki and Annabelle on the great numbers !

Miss Sagi - will be waiting with anticipation to hear your news confirmed tomorrow😊

Miss Erin : congratulations on the safe arrival of Leah x I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of it all..

Emma - for our first trip we booked any of our absolute 'must do's' to be done before we had our first appointment. I.E. We really wanted to do a safari so we booked it for the weekend before meeting Dr LR. This time I really wanted to do a cooking class so I booked it for the day after our first appointment (I knew that day would be safe).
    Outside of that everything we did, we pretty much 'winged it' and just kept things a little loose in case plans changed. It worked for us and we saw a lot ..

AFM: just hanging out in this TWW trying not to overthink things..
    Thinking of possibly delaying testing by a couple of days until Friday so that if the result isn't favourable I have a couple of days to put my 'brave' face on for work..
    Last edited by Blinky76; 15-02-2015 at 12:12.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

EmmaJane75  (15-02-2015),KMP  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin: Congrats on the birth of Leah, you must be thrilled. Enjoy every moment.

Annabelle: 10 out of 10! Great news.

Devaki: Fingers crossed those embies do what they are supposed to!

Emma: We did our safari before epu and actually asked if we could have our initial appointment a couple of days beforehand to facilitate that. After that, we were flexible and organised day trips, etc, around appointments. As many have said, things can change to throw the best-laid plans out of the window!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Wow so much has happened on here in the last few days ...

MrsErin - Congratulations on your gorgeous little bundle, Leah is just precious. I'm so happy for you.
    Miss Sagi - Congratulations!! I am thrilled at your double lines. You deserve this and all the best with your blood test tmw.

Blinky - I understand your approach to delay blood test and depending on where mine fell would have done the same.

Faith - Congratulations on being PUPO!

Devaki - congrats on your great fertilisation report and day 3 results sound great!

Annabelle - congrats on an amazing 10/10 result!

Sardy - welcome and congrats on your amazing news!

Hoping4best - we stayed at Cascades on Promenade in Sea Point and the lovely owners really looked after us and great breakfasts included.

EmmaJane - we did our safari/out of town before our first appointment, and the just booked in everything else with 1-2 days notice as we got a feel for when we needed treatments and when we'd be free. I think it would have stressed me out more to try to pre-plan only to have to reschedule everything.

AFM: thank you everyone for such heart felt messages with our BFN. It was certainly a disappointment. But, as Miss Sagi said it's a numbers game. Our numbers didn't come up, but they will.

So I'm going back. Elaine has said I can come back for another transfer on 30 March - bring on round 2!

A few things I'd be interested in thoughts on:
    - specific diets to help IVF?
    - anything to help increase lining (mine was 7.3mm and I understand over 8mm is optimal)
    - is it too soon to go back, ie should I give my body a rest from the drugs first? I asked this in email but Dr LR didn't answer that question. Although I want to go back ASAP as my partner may get to a point where he doesn't want to continue based on the fact he's approaching 50, and I think that's freaking him out!
    - should I look to have extra tests done to see if this has anything to do with my body rejecting the embryos? I asked Dr LR and he said no there is no evidence immune protocol works ?!?
    This was my first IVF ever as we tried in Perth but my FSH too high and then when tested AMH too low. It's feeling like we just inadvertently are finding things out about my body rather than having had every test possible up front so don't want this to be that same situation.

Hello to everyone else!

xx

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

crabby  (15-02-2015),Hoping4best  (15-02-2015),Kay2015  (15-02-2015),KLM0511  (15-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinkshootingstar what a heartfelt message. I'm thrilled at your determination and applaud you heading back for round 2.

I don't think there's aby specific diet etc for IVF. Healthy with s relaxed attitude is probably the most critical.

The only thing I'd be working on is getting a better lining and your doctor should be able to help with that.

I'd be heading back as soon as I could and I used to have back to back IVF last year. I admire your positivity. I hope it all works out for you.

I

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

pinkshootingstar  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies there's a massive sale on SAA - flights perth to Cape Town $1053 return for flights until end April. Sale ends on 18 Feb.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (15-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (16-02-2015)