Closed Thread
Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, talk to the clinic and just treat this as plan B. Hope you don't haave to go down this route. I know about this from someone who accepted a donated embryo. Both of them are infertile. This might be the rule in Austraila or clinic specific. Embryo donation is hard to find. Most choose to have a preference as well.

South Africa might be a bit open. I know the donation there is completely anonymous (ie, child can't find out the biological parents when they turn 18). While not donated embryo, I know someone went there to have a chosen sperm and egg donor to create an embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Folks,

Well I finally got a copy of my medical notes from the Fertility Clinic.

I have an FSH of 5.9 and Testosterone of 5.7 nmol/l (164ng/dl)

When I work this out against age averages I have the Testosterone level of someone over the age of 100+

I am also over weight so I am guessing too that what min that is left is being converted to Estrogen??

What I am speculating is that if My T is low and my FSH is normal.

If I increase my Testosterone by HCG Injections then would this cause my FSH to go really high? Is this how it happens (Direct correlation)

Right now I am banking my Azoospermia on the fact that I have such a low Testosterone level that its explaintory why I have Zero on two SA's

I am guessing I may already have low numbers (Oglospermia) but the Low T is making it much worse.

I have also spoke to a medical clinic in Ireland (Republic of) And they said I can have mTESE for £6000 which I could unlock the funds via my mortgage.

I would rather try Random Biopsy (TESE) first as it would at least reveal the genetic makeup of my Testicles so It would immediately diagnose me with a condition and probably give odds of what they would find via Tese.

Can someone shed light if my thinking is correct. That there is indeed Hope.

Intrestingly the Low T and normal FSH should imply that I have a very high LH but I didnt have this tested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jimmy: no idea about fsh correlation. This sounds promising of fsh isn't high. Can you get inhibin B tested?

I would suggest TESA instead not TESE. TESA is using needle. Local anaesthetic. TESE involves open up the testicles which is best to save that for mtese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @JimmyCricket

Sorry I can't be of too much help here, but I do know this. When you have low testosterone, increasing it can sometimes bring swimmers back into the ejacualate. Medications like clomid and arimidex can decrease the conversion of testosterone into estrogen thereby naturally increasing your testosterone levels and decreasing your estrogen. Yes, this may in turn increase your fsh as your brain may work harder to produce sperm as a result of the increased testosterone.

As for a TESE vs microTESE, that is your decision - most men only want to go through such a procedure once.. I can understand wanting to get a diagnostic tese though. Considering your testosterone level, it may be worth asking your doctor for medication to naturally increase testosterone for a few months, then doing a repeat semen analysis before going in for any surgeries.

Hope this helps , good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Diagnosis is not a bad idea. As I mentioned, TESA (less invasive) will give you the diagnosis. You don't have to do TESE. I would recommend mtese straight away if you choose to do open biopsy. This is not for diagnosis but to proceed with an IVF cycle with your partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is everyone traveling?
    @Sariele how is it all going? Are you settled in? And update one how many is in there?

AFM, we're 14.5 weeks at the moment. Next scan is in 1.5weeks, but so good so far. Just (impatiently) waiting to feel bubs move... Keen for the extra reassurance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations for making it this far @Barca07!!

I'm just bidding time till August. Feels like it will never come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone used IUI with donor? And is it recommended?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister just did IUI with a donor and just found out she is pregnant! She fell before as well but unfortunately miscarried... So 2 out of 3 times it works and was so much cheaper and obviously less invasive as IVF!

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jojo85, I've done IUI with donor when I wasn't ready to face another IVF. Some clinics won't do it, some donors aren't good enough quality for it, frozen sperm isn't as good as fresh, and most doctors will say IVF is more worthwhile. I'm a poor responder though (and poor in funds sometimes as well!) and I like the lower stress option of IUI - if I'm only going to get two or three follicles regardless then I feel it's worth a shot. If I knew I'd get 10 follicles I'd hold out for IVF and the chance to freeze embryos.