Closed Thread
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!

Scan went well... Phew! Nice strong heartbeat and measuring 2 days ahead at the moment (which doesn't mean much)

Only 33 weeks to go! Lol

Sorry to hear @bbhope. I bet the smiles make up for it though

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yes I'm cycling now. I had a miscarriage in December so it's all been a lot to deal with. We're using the same donor for bub#2 while we can but it is on my mind that the supply might run out. Those of you with one child with a donor - what are your thoughts on using a second donor? We'd do it, but I would prefer the same donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your miscarriage @littlesunflowers

It has been on my mind from the beginning. I would like to use the same donor for all our children, but worry that we might not be able to. I am currently pregnant and have 1 more frozen...

At the moment my thinking is this: We ideally want 3 kids, but if the 3rd kid means a different donor, than we will prob stop at 2 kids.

If having the 2nd means a different donor, than we will prob do a different donor for child 2 and 3

I guess it's one of those things that you don't really know what you'll do until you have to make the decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Grr...hit the wrong button. BH erases my post. Try again.
    @littlesunflowers: I am sorry to hear about your lost!! I just saw your signature. Going through two chem pregnancies took a toll on me. Different situation but i know your pain and sadness.

Sorry, i can't answer you question regarding the use of a different donor. We agreed to have the 2nd if there is left over embies. We have left over embies. However, we are happy to just have one child. We even started to think about donating the ones in the freezer, which unfortunately isn't allowed under NSW laws. WA is a different story. We don't have to decide now.

My understanding is that you can buy more vial? I don't remember which clinic you are with. I recall seeing a statement saying a deposit (quite a big lump sum) is required to secure vials for future siblings. I contacted the donor coordinator after DS was born and told them to give vials to other families who wish to have more siblings. I am not going to do anymore STIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    @bbhope yes I'm cycling now. I had a miscarriage in December so it's all been a lot to deal with. We're using the same donor for bub#2 while we can but it is on my mind that the supply might run out. Those of you with one child with a donor - what are your thoughts on using a second donor? We'd do it, but I would prefer the same donor.
    Sorry again about your miscarriage 😔

For me I would only have another child if it was to the same donor. I wouldn't even consider a different one.

We purchased 3 more vials of sperm after we had a DS so we could guarantee it would be there. If we don't get another child out of that then that's it.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had one frosty after DS then two more vials reserved. With my low AMH we aren't going to get many embies though. It didn't worry me until I miscarried, I think - we were going to have three babies from one full stim but suddenly we weren't. It adds so much to the cost of trying again, too - if the only fertility issues were the low AMH I'd just be doing IUIs now as statistically the chances are the same! I'm probably getting ahead of myself because for now we can still try with the same donor. Helps to hear your thoughts, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope u don't need to think about using a diff donor at all. @littlesunflower. Good luck!!!! Hope to hear good news from u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, haven't been on BH in forever because there's been so much other stuff going on, plus after my dismal cycle in Jan which ended when my two mature eggs didn't survive ICSI, I couldn't come back here for a while. But I wanted to let you know what's happening now: firstly, we're moving back to Perth at the end of the month!! It's amazing that DH has managed to get a job in Australia let alone Perth, but here we are! So things have been (and still are) a bit crazy getting the move organised. Especially since DH and DS have both been ill for the past week with tummy bugs and colds.

Secondly, in between leaving England and arriving in Perth, we're heading to the Czech Republic for three days for me to have a transfer of two donor embryos. I'm also paying for PGS testing to give us the best chance possible. It will be at least a 50% chance of success, possibly closer to 60 or even 70%, so it's pretty exciting. The only hurdle I need to get past is my CD 11 scan next weekend. If my lining isn't up to scratch they may force me to cancel. I could probably argue it though, I mean it's our money. I don't think I would want to cancel for a lining over 6mm, whereas they require at least 7mm. Triple stripe is much more important than thickness though, from what I've read. As for going for donor embies, meh. I'm so so sick of wasting time and precious money on my terrible eggs, and it gets really depressing too, so this is what I wanted to try this time, even if it's just this once. If it fails, at least I'll be back in Australia and my Brisbane FS is just a Skype (or 5 hour flight, sigh) away.

Also, my little man turned 2 this week!! It was a miserable birthday, with him being unwell; I actually forgot it was his birthday during the course of the day because we were just at home doing nothing, plus I was/am worried about him. We were meant to be meeting up with a couple of mums and their boys from toddler group for morning tea, but I had to reschedule it to Monday.. yet it looks like he's still not going to be well by then. It's pretty heartbreaking, he's hardly eating much at all and is so sad a lot of the time. I've had him at the GP twice this week to make sure he doesn't have an infection or anything, but both times they checked him over and said it's just a cold. He's never been remotely this bad off with a cold before.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. I'd better get on with it! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele

Wow!! Sounds like you have been busy! All sounds very exciting

I take it you are from Perth originally??

Good luck with the donor embies. I have everything crossed for you! I know what you mean... After such a stressful, emotional rollarcoatser, you do get to the point where the 'how' doesn't matter as much, as long as it happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele: glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about you because i saw your post on the other thread about a disaster cycle. That's a very good news about DH getting a job back in perth. Given the current mining climate here in perth, he is very lucky to find something back here. I am in the situation of looking for a job atm. I would love to move elsewhere but DH has decent job here.

I hope your little man gets well soon! DS turns 5 months this weekend.