Closed Thread
Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSIG View Post
    Thanks ladies so so much for your insights. It's given me great food for thought. I hope no one minds that I asked this question, it's been playing on my mind a fair bit and obviously you all are the only ones who understand. All your comments really did help me get some fresh perspectives, much appreciated

I'll watch the videos and do some more souls searching lol. I'll tell DH to talk to his brother in private , who knows maybe he will have a big heart..

Good luck @Barca07 and @twoSouls for your FETs, sending loads of sticky dust your way!!!!
    Hey @MrsSIG.

How has the last week been? Are u guys doing Ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Barca07

Thanks for asking we are doing alright. Found out last week that microTESE and ivf will be moved to July.. Was originally scheduled for May, means more waiting. But I guess I'll use the time to make DH as healthy as possible, so that if there is sperm production we can maximize it.

As for donor sperrm, we did watch the documentaries, and it helped a lot.. I think for myself personally, I am ok with donor, but DH is not. He feels like the child might always want to know the biological parent and "look" for them. Didn't help that we read a story about a donor sperm child who changed his birth certificate to say "father unknown" . I understand DH reservations. This is why we will try very hard to get a known donor. I'm
    Not pushing the anon donor topic for now.
    DH wants his brother, but i can't see his brother ever agreeing to it. I hope I am wrong. If we can't get known donor, I will talk to DH more about anon donor and look into adoption..

How are you doing @Barca07 and @twosouls? Bucket loads of luck for a BFP!!!!!
    Last edited by MrsSIG; 04-02-2016 at 08:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you watch the interview from insight? It includes donor conceived children who don't want to know. Those are the one who were told from young age about them.

I think the documentaries focus a lot on looking for the bio father because the identity of the donors was completely de-identified in the past.

Actually, my DH doesn't watch any of it. I am glad he doesn't because of the above biased on the documentaries.

I don't recall which one but I watched one that came out last year while I was preg and about to die. It was so thought provoking. I was quite teary afterward because the entire documentary was about donor conceived children finding their bio father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope , yes we did watch the insight one.. Unfortunately my DH was mainly focused on those who felt shocked and betrayed etc..
    He feels that a teenager might refuse to listen to him because he is not the real dad...I told him the same sort of thing can happen with adoption - and adoption has no guarantee that you'll ever get a baby. But I understand how he feels 100%. It's not an easy choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @bbhope, why do you say you were pregnant and about to die?

I can't find the varta series you all were mentioning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    I've noticed there are quite a few Azoo girls cycling this month.

Goodluck to everyone 😄

I'm planning on poas tomorrow morning at 9dp5dt. Fingers crossed! 🙏
    Me too! How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsSIG: lol how u like autocorrect?! I meant about to cry. Well, I did in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    Me too! How are you feeling?
    I was feeling bloated and was having mild cramps earlier this week and was convinced that it worked, but now I feel normal and convinced it hasn't worked. Haha
    So in short, I have no idea!!
    And I'm on pessaries, which doesn't help with the symptoms either... The joys of the 2ww.

How about you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSIG View Post
    @Barca07

Thanks for asking we are doing alright. Found out last week that microTESE and ivf will be moved to July.. Was originally scheduled for May, means more waiting. But I guess I'll use the time to make DH as healthy as possible, so that if there is sperm production we can maximize it.

As for donor sperrm, we did watch the documentaries, and it helped a lot.. I think for myself personally, I am ok with donor, but DH is not. He feels like the child might always want to know the biological parent and "look" for them. Didn't help that we read a story about a donor sperm child who changed his birth certificate to say "father unknown" . I understand DH reservations. This is why we will try very hard to get a known donor. I'm
    Not pushing the anon donor topic for now.
    DH wants his brother, but i can't see his brother ever agreeing to it. I hope I am wrong. If we can't get known donor, I will talk to DH more about anon donor and look into adoption..

How are you doing @Barca07 and @twosouls? Bucket loads of luck for a BFP!!!!!
    I can understand where your DH is coming from and at the end of the day we can't predict how a child will react.

Have you tried googling VARTA. I found their website useful too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    I can understand where your DH is coming from and at the end of the day we can't predict how a child will react.

Have you tried googling VARTA. I found their website useful too.

Ahh, I found it now. I was searching VARTA in YouTube instead of Google. Whoops 😳
    Good luck tomorrow!!!