Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default @bbhope @jasmin1

I really hope we get pregnant, either with dh sperm or donor. im from nsw and our urologist said if we do mtese and they dont find sperm, we can't have a backup already waiting (even if ours could possibly be from a relo). is that true?

also how is the ds process? is it long? do you have a description of the donor? sorry if this brings up emotions but our urologist didnt really specify. I am trying to get mentally and emotionally prepared that my dh wont have sperm . Dh dsnt like talking about it so ive come here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Which clinic are u with? Donor back up is a choice. Every clinic has different policies, u just have to check with them. My understanding is that a known donor requires 6m cooling off period. This is in WA. NSW clinic might be different. Also, there are clinics with anon donors with and without waiting period. Eg: IVFA is about 4months wait. In WA, we r looking at 1 yr. as for the donor profile, it really depends on the clinic and sources. In QLd, you even get adult photo of donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo85 View Post
    I really hope we get pregnant, either with dh sperm or donor. im from nsw and our urologist said if we do mtese and they dont find sperm, we can't have a backup already waiting (even if ours could possibly be from a relo). is that true?

also how is the ds process? is it long? do you have a description of the donor? sorry if this brings up emotions but our urologist didnt really specify. I am trying to get mentally and emotionally prepared that my dh wont have sperm . Dh dsnt like talking about it so ive come here.
    Hi Jojo out dr said the same thing. They really pushed for us to have the surgery and if the outcome wasn't good to have some time to think and go ahead with donor later.

We ended up doing that so had the surgery in February and I think we tried a first cycle with donor in May.

The time to think was needed. It gave us time to mourn the loss if our biological child

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you all for the advice and support. We are currently with ivf Australia...our urologist said no back up is allowed but donor wait should be less than 6 months. This is just a big nightmare which we never would have thought it would happen 😯

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting. A lot of us here are/were with IVFA. Donor back up is encouraged so a cycle isn't wasted. Frozen eggs have lower success rate later. Also, because few of us are from WA. It would be another trip out to Sydney if choose no back up. We chose not to have a back up, though. We needed time to digest and DH wasn't keen of donor at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default @bbhope

i went with Dr kim, not sure if you have heard of her. Shes nice but might switch to dr Golovsky for dh mtese, for some reason i get the feeling shes not experienced with ds (on our first appointment she said if no sperm is found we should see if adoption is what we may want. i told her ds was our next option not adoption..so was uncomfortable with that comment).

Also, is your dh name on the birth certificate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my Dh's name is on the birth certificate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep DH is on the birth certificate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Kim has a good reputation. I have read about her. Maybe She mentioned about adoption because of Your DH background? As you mentioned, it isn't allowed in your culture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're we IVFA.
    Our FS told us they occasionally allow back up donor sperm but it needs to be approved by a panel, but then urologist (dr G) said they don't.
    We went back to FS and pretty much begged to have donor sperm on backup.
    Long story short, we had back up which was lucky, as we ended up using it.

I understand why they don't always allow it (mentally and psychologically you need to be ready for donor Sperm) but at the same time it is a big ask for the girl to go through a stim cycle for no reason!