Closed Thread
Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope Yes bbhope they are going to try to get the sperm out with a needle because they think the sperm is there and it's 'normal' but because of the Cystic Fibrosis the tubes are missing so the sperm can't travel anywhere. But if they don't find anything then we will need to do the other full on operation. I am praying they find something. We both had the gene screen testing at the same time (it was a bit cheaper to get it done together) and it showed that luckily I'm not a carrier of CF so any children that we have together can only be carriers and not have full CF. But we are also going to get the embryos tested for carrier CF (if we can) because it would be better so our kids don't ever have to worry about it. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All OA ppl have sperms so I am sure your DH has. Yes good to get genetic tested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, im new here. I guess I needed some support. My husband and i have been ttc for a year now. He has NOA which i almost died when his SA came back. We saw a urologist and he has high FSH but no genetic deletion or extra chromosomes. My DH is very overweight so the dr thinks its because of that. We need to do surgery to.see if there is sperm but dr says chances arnt too good. we're not doing surgery until he loses weight to give us a better chance. hes also on many vitamins too. Anyone elses husband is overweight and might have similar situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85 I know how you feel, I nearly died too when my DH SA came back. And for what it's worth, it's just bad luck. My DH is a picture of health, and he has high fsh, small testes .. No idea what caused it. Could be a varicocele. Chromosome analysis and karyotupe was normal,

Just do your best to be there for you DH as he needs you . I struggle with being there for mine as I'm still dealing with my heart break.
    Best of luck,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope,
    just stumbled upon this thread. Sounds like your partner has azoospermia. So does mine. Diagnosed last year much to our shock. He had MTESE and although Dr G found some sperm, and I had a double embryo transfer, just didn't take. So like most people in similar situation we have been to hell and still coming back from it. Now also using donor as it was the only option and I am 8.5 weeks pregnant! Trying not to think too much about it as its still heartbreaking that he has azoospermia. Like you he hasn't told any friends, only parents and immediate family. I did tell a few close friends about donor, but now also regretting telling a couple of these people as also seems like they can't keep sensitive information to themselves which is disappointing. How far are you along with the donor situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jasmin1: yes, it is very devastating, especially sperms were found. Do you know the diagnosis? Maturation arrest (late or early)? Yes, we have been to hell and back. Congrats on your pregnancy. Our little bundle was born few months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin1 View Post
    Hi bbhope,
    just stumbled upon this thread. Sounds like your partner has azoospermia. So does mine. Diagnosed last year much to our shock. He had MTESE and although Dr G found some sperm, and I had a double embryo transfer, just didn't take. So like most people in similar situation we have been to hell and still coming back from it. Now also using donor as it was the only option and I am 8.5 weeks pregnant! Trying not to think too much about it as its still heartbreaking that he has azoospermia. Like you he hasn't told any friends, only parents and immediate family. I did tell a few close friends about donor, but now also regretting telling a couple of these people as also seems like they can't keep sensitive information to themselves which is disappointing. How far are you along with the donor situation?
    We havnt told anyone either except a few members from our immediate family. tbh the less ppl know the better, if my husband dsnt have sperm we will go with donor however coming from an arabic background, its not accepted that much. So my own best friends will never know about our situation. i wish you well with ur pregnancy hun and to me being a father is not just biological but its who raises the child

Thanks
    Reviews

Default @mrssig

thanks for the support. my husband is a great man and hes usually tough but lately ge feels like he wants to jump infront of a truck. its stressful times and i cant help to let it out on him but its not his fault. its an absolute nightmare!
    Last edited by Jojo85; 07-12-2015 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jojo85: obviously, I am a bit busy with bub. I will make a short post. Who to know is personal choice. I also regretted telling few friends. While it isn't the path we wanted to take, we have no regret at all to have this baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your bub! my DH and i already have said yes to donor if needed, which i think we will eventually need. At the end its both your child no matter what. my husband is fine with ds, which if he wasnt would have made things harder. i know we would both love this child no matter what sperm is used, it takes.a real man to raise a child. thats how i feel about it anyway