Closed Thread
Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsSIG: I am still catching up projects from the infertility mess! Not that I can catch up now. I felt the need to say something when we have the evaluation in the past two years. I didn't because it is such a privacy matter. DH doesn't even want friends to know. Let alone the boss. We work at the same place. infertility hurts the man ego if u know what I mean. More importantly, think about the future. I regret telling some of the friends because we r now using donor and you just can't keep some people mouth shut. Again, personal choice. We don't want anyone to see our child any different. I know some people are very open about all these.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all we just had our FS appointment. Basically we have a 48% chance of finding sperm. DH has high fsh and lh. His testes are small. No Y chromosome micro deletions..Normal karyotupe. The only thing that was good news is that DH has a very good inhibin B level which indicates that there may be speem production . We also found out he has a bug varicocele, so our FS referred us to DrG to see if it should get checked out before proceeding to micro TESE.. She also prescribed an aromatase inhibitor for DH.. I am hopeful but cautious, feeling better than during the week tho..

We asked her about sperm hope, she said so long as it doesn't have synthetic hormones it won't hurt..

how is everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrG likes to use inhibin B as indicator. The fact that it is good, there is a good chance. Do you mind me asking the value? variocole can also cause azoospermia. But high FSH is more like the culprit.

Gtg. More later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, his inhibin b is 44, his fsh and lh are just one point above the upper limit of normal, but I think it's quite high compared to Normal 29 year old men. His testes are small but I don't know the size... I know the prognosis isn't amazing but I'm hoping we have a chance ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the normal era he for inhibin B? If i recall correctly, DH inhibin B is at lower end of normal. FSH is borderline normal. They found sperms but poor quality.

Before I forget, get yourself tested for anti nucleu antibody (ANA) before you do IVF concurrent with mTESE. That's something I wish they did it for me. Not sure if the positive result kills my only chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSIG try to be positive. His FSH is just over normal my DH his is around 40! I would have more hope with just above normal than it being 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSIG: that's right. Be positive. I was telling you my DH numbers because there is hope in finding sperms. His case is just due to medical reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you bbhope and Malak , I am staying positive and cautious at the same time... I know there is a long road ahead.. We are thinking to do the microTESE in April, that gives enough time for vitamins and the prescribed aromatase inhibitor to have an effect..

Malak, high fsh is not a contraindication of finding sperm, your DH might be higher because of his age, given his good testes size id say you have a good chance too..

Bbhope, I don't know the range for inhibin b, the FS told us his level and that is was good but she had computer troubles and couldn't print it out...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Test Results

Hi everyone, we received our gene screen blood test results and ultrasound and my partner is a cystic fibrosis carrier with missing vas deferens. We are going to do TESE? and ICSI in a couple of months and fingers crossed they can find sperm. Feeling very relieved and would love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneGreatDay: with that, you r one of the few lucky ones! That's obstructive azoo. You don't need TESE which is open biopsy. Did u ask them about tesa? Which is using needle. Also, because of CF, I hope thy tell you about the risk of passing to the children.