Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats bbhope that's wonderful news. Glad to hear it went well and safely. Are you home now? How is your DH coping?

Well it's a BFP for me! Very hard to believe it hasn't sunk I'm yet. Another blood test in a few days to check it's still rising then the wait till the first scan. I don't think I believe it till I get past 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fabulous news @bbhope I was wondering yesterday how you where going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats two souls! good news! All the best for an uneventful pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh...DH is coping fine. He fell in love with the little one straight away. He wasn't feeling the best for two weeks up to the birth. He has been very helpful taking care of the baby. I don't even know what to do when he goes back to work.

ATM, just like everyone has said, we are more worried about his eat, sleep and poo than thinking about donor. He doesn't look like anyone of us particularly. He certainly looks like himself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Oh...DH is coping fine. He fell in love with the little one straight away. He wasn't feeling the best for two weeks up to the birth. He has been very helpful taking care of the baby. I don't even know what to do when he goes back to work.

ATM, just like everyone has said, we are more worried about his eat, sleep and poo than thinking about donor. He doesn't look like anyone of us particularly. He certainly looks like himself.
    @bbhope I love that. He looks like himself. I agree. Hope it's all going well. Our little man is 4 weeks old now and doing so well. My DH went back to work today and already missing him but I have to say it's nice just being in the house with bubs and furbubs. It's a simple beautiful life right now. Enjoy!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations bbhope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bbhope, i sent you a pm. can you please check ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats bbhope!! You made it very happy for you.

Great to hear that DH is doing well, must have been a relief

Enjoy the precious next few weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, so I'm knee deep in parenting duties with my almost 2 month old now can't believe it myself!so haven't had a chance to come on here for a few weeks. I am loving my Bub and so thrilled we got there in the end. The last thing I should be thinking about is infertility again....

However whilst we have a family now, I guess it never answers the question of why did this happen... So I did want to ask you girls with NOA something about your fellas that has been on my mind.

I read recently that soy milk has been linked to disrupting the endocrine and reproductive systems and children fed soy milk by their mothers or the mother themselves consumed it during pregnancy and postnatally could have contributed to the disruption and permanent disablement of spermatogenis.

My DH was brought up on a strict vegetarian diet influenced by Indian culture and exclusively fed soy milk after he was breastfed, and his mother only ever drank it (still does). Aside from a possible genetic misfire, I can't help but suspect this could have contributed to his infertility during critical development periods. An article here: http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/nutrit...+for+your,8169

Just wouldn't mind knowing if your DH's also drank soy or had mothers that did in high quantities?

I noticed a high population of Asian couples going through IVF too when we went through and do wonder if it has something to do with diet - soy being a big part of Indian and Japanese diets for example.

Would love your opinions. I hope I don't offend any cultures by writing this. Just trying to get a feel for opinions if you feel comfortable answering.

Jenni

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jenni glad to hear you are settling into motherhood and enjoying it 😄

My DHs mother never drank soy or consumed any type of soy products. She would of had a very basic diet when pregnant and still does, she never eats anything exotic!

Soy has caused a few problems, my sister had a thyroid problem which resulted in her having her thyroid removed, it later came out it was the soy milk she was drinking that caused the thyroid issue and had she stopped drinking it she probably wouldn't of needed it removed.

My DH also has a twin sister who is perfectly fine and has had no problem having children so with him something just went wrong 😞