Closed Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Was the show related to one of the donors conceived in Melbourne? And she found her biological father in the end? And the other one died of cancer?
    They were all form Melbourne I think? There was one girl called myf who found her donor. The other people were all boys. They were all from the that 'insight' episode about sperm donation

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

X
    Last edited by two souls; 20-08-2015 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Yes this is the one thing I worry about too. It was a shame that a few of the fathers had passed away, as I was interested in their stories as well. In fact the only time I cried in the doco was when they were interviewing Myf's dad.
    I felt so sorry for him. He was so hurt all these years later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok. I haven't watched this episode then. The few episodes that I watched are all female.

It kinda put me off if a donor wants a relationship with my child. These are the ones I eliminated from the list straight away. As for having relationship with the biological father, I brought that up to my counsellor once. She said that the kids might be curious but if they grow up in a loving family, why would they want to live or have a relationship with a stranger. I think this is kinda true as I can't imagine myself to do that if I were adopted. I can see how dynamics change for same sex parents. The kids might just be curious about a male figure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

@MGCBertie congrats on your baby girl! What a birth story and how beautiful you are both so in love with little Baby J.
    @bbhope I am well! Still two days ahead of you :-) so congrats on the 32 weeks tomorrow! Can't believe we have eight weeks to go - unless our bubs come early! I am not finishing work until 37 weeks so if it comes early that will be a surprise :-)

I am hoping to find my low lying placenta has moved. It's been a long 12 week wait. Whilst I have seen the Bub at various 'social' scans I know nothing about size or placenta this whole time. It's been a rather uneventful pregnancy nonetheless.

Had whooping cough vac and did the 3D scan but because it's snuggled up to placenta shots weren't great but still it's so cute. Looking forward to next week to really see our baby and get a feel for situation then. If it's still low lying it will be c section for me.

Aside from that all good!

Hope the girls still going through IVF are hanging in there. Definitely agree you need to get onto thyroid issues and request progesterone for sure.
    @bbhope how are you going?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

@Jenniwithanl: yes, can't believe that we have 8w left! I got a 8 weeks break of needle and then back to home glucose monitoring. I am having GD and don't enjoy the diet at all. It doesn't seem to help so OB might put me on insulin soon. I have ob visit every week since the diagnosis. I am so glad that I didn't end up having low lying placenta as I would be worried like crazy. The sign of it would be bleeding on and off. Since u dint have it, it must have moved. OB mentioned that I might need to be induced at 38w if baby grows too big. So far, he is just an average size baby. Everyone is saying my belly is small! To be honest, with this diet, I am not sure that I even want to go all the way to 40w. I am losing weight. I am off work at 38w so really hope Bub won't come so early and give mummy a break. Anyway, I am enjoying the kick, punch and roll (hiccup!) ATM. Xx.
    Last edited by bbhope; 20-08-2015 at 22:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now, i went to look up the episode you ladies were talking about. Bad idea....pregnant women with hormone overloaded. I was in tears most of the time. Few of the people in the docu are familiar to me. They also appeared on the insight interview of donor conceived children and donors.

I wish all of these episodes would reveal a bit more about the family background about these donor conceived children. What drives their curiosity to look for bio father and some even want to have relationship? I guess we are very fortunate these days that most donors are anon but identifiable so the donor conceived children don't have to go through the tough search like those in the docu. Yes, it does make me wonder how DH would feel if the kid decides to do that. Sometime i wish we don't have to deal with this and be like all other couples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw an article about DS and found this interesting information:
    Under Australian law, a sperm donor who donates through a fertility or IVF clinic will not be named on the birth certificate.

However, in Victoria, when a donor-conceived person applies as an adult for their birth certificate, they will receive an addendum stating that further information about this birth is available from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Ms Johnson said.

Never knew that about Victoria ... interesting for those that don't tell the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele: hope your cycle is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @bbhope. Not great, I had my scan today (CD 10) and my lining is sitting just under 6mm. Waiting to hear from my clinic but I just popped a double dose of Progynova. I hate how my non-stim lining is so thin!